Login

russian armor

Kappatch 2

PAGES (13)down
14 Feb 2015, 14:16 PM
Patrion 14

Would Honour Guard be like the LSSAH division or what?

I thought they were merely supposed to be seasoned veterans, "alte Häsen" I believe they would have been called. That doesn't really work as a name in-game, though.
14 Feb 2015, 22:26 PM

Honor Guard just sounds like a generic cool sounding name that Relic came up with, I doubt they were supposed to represent any specific division. It's like "Shock Troops" or "Stormtroopers", it just sounds cool.
15 Feb 2015, 12:31 PM
Donator 11

Hey Cruzz I noticed that Snipers are shooting vehicles when ordered to attack move. Is there a way to change that?

On a side note while playing the Kappatch I was wondering what purpose the Penal battailon has when there are guards too. Dont they fill a quite similar role?
Okay - Penals get flamers and therefore are a little better against infantry and guards get the PTRS that neglects cover to a degree and kills lights vehicles. But I dont feel they make such a big difference.

I am most likely wrong though so just asking.

Greetings!
15 Feb 2015, 13:03 PM

Cruzzi can you explain why P47s have so huge vision range OUTSIDE their patrol area?
15 Feb 2015, 13:38 PM

Hey Cruzz I noticed that Snipers are shooting vehicles when ordered to attack move. Is there a way to change that?

I'd have to make a sniper specific version of the prioritize vehicle ability tank destroyers have. I'm probably not going to, I don't think making amoving snipers easier is really something required.

On a side note while playing the Kappatch I was wondering what purpose the Penal battailon has when there are guards too. Dont they fill a quite similar role?
Okay - Penals get flamers and therefore are a little better against infantry and guards get the PTRS that neglects cover to a degree and kills lights vehicles. But I dont feel they make such a big difference.

Penals are (atleast supposed to be) the most effective short range squad soviets get that isn't shocks, they do have better damage than guards at short while being cheaper and better on the move. I might reduce guard mosin nagant short range damage a bit at some point to emphasize their role as more of a long range squad.

Cruzzi can you explain why P47s have so huge vision range OUTSIDE their patrol area?

Because it has two planes that have circular vision while pretty much every other attack plane in the game has one plane with conical vision. Will probably switch them over to a cone to match other factions next patch.
15 Feb 2015, 14:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Feb 2015, 13:38 PMCruzz

Because it has two planes that have circular vision while pretty much every other attack plane in the game has one plane with conical vision. Will probably switch them over to a cone to match other factions next patch.

it is just ridiculous if you use P47 in center of Minsk Poket for example or any other not big map you and your partners are able to see whole map AND use all ability like incendiary arty IL2 or whatever and wherever on map you want to. And of coz you can coordinate atacks use full range of AT guns or full range of Jacksons and so on out of p47s patrol circle.

even recon plane doesn't provide such vision
15 Feb 2015, 21:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Feb 2015, 13:38 PMCruzz

Will this affect their attack behavior?
15 Feb 2015, 22:29 PM
Donator 11

Btw: OKW can have an infinite numbers of King Tigers. Might want to reduce it to one at a time? Or increase pop cap?
15 Feb 2015, 23:08 PM
Patrion 14

Has there ever been a game with more than one KT per OKW player? :o
15 Feb 2015, 23:39 PM
Donator 11

I saw several. Most remarkable one was with Romeo I think. He had 3 ISUs against 2 Kingtigers.

Didnt go well for him... In the end two King Tigers blitzkrieged into his base and not one went below half health...front armor for the win.
18 Feb 2015, 11:48 AM
Donator 11

Would it be possible to integrate orders for MGs in buildings so that they are forced to look out of a certain direction of the house?

Also would it be possible to integrate something like this? Your text..

18 Feb 2015, 15:35 PM

Would it be possible to integrate orders for MGs in buildings so that they are forced to look out of a certain direction of the house?

Most likely not possible.

Also would it be possible to integrate something like this? Your text..

Possible if you make custom icons for all weapon combinations and then do some some pretty lengthy slot item checks, not worth the effort. Assuming the height of the icons isn't super limited, anyway.

Will this affect their attack behavior?

No, vision is not a consideration for the attacks of these abilities.
18 Feb 2015, 21:50 PM

Keep up the good work Cruzz.

20 Feb 2015, 14:28 PM

Quality of life:

Updated turn plans on all vehicles.
Should result in somewhat less pivoting for everything but especially turreted vehicles, no more 360noscope turns, movement choices slightly personalized for the vehicle type (USF AA HT and Kubel have their own plans, other vehicles are split between light, halftrack, light tank, assault gun and tank)

Added extra audiolines for the following things: infrared MP44 (selection, movement, attack), sdkfz251 flamer upgrade (selection, movement, enemy killed), USF infantry equipped with atleast one BAR(attack), added female drivers for SU76, Sturmtiger(under attack), HMG34 vet1 ability

Flameht: changed squad description on flamethrower upgrade to be more accurate

Added a Hold Position toggle for Kubel for disabling movement instantly. Helps maintain the suppression buff on the gun by stopping the Kubel from doing small turns to track enemy units that are still in the cone.

Balance changes:

Reduced distance from construction unit for trenches, sandbags and tanktraps to become solid to 0(5). Does not seem to apply properly to WG/USF(both use same one) sandbags, might have something to do with their multistage build.

Removed 90 radius camouflage detection on soviet mark target plane, it should not be a full fledged recon plane.

Reduced P47 rocket strafe plane vision, it should not be a recon ability (still gives decent vision though...)

ML-20, LEFH vet3 now gives +33% range to precision/counterbarrage similar to mortar vet changes in february patch

Brummbar 150mm cannon aoe damage multipliers increased from 1/0.15/0.05 to 1/0.2/0.1 (more damage on near hits). Brummbar Bunker Buster damage increased to 240(160), BB scatter reduced (was notably higher than regular shot for some reason).

.50 cal and DSHK penetration increased from 1/2/3 (.50 cal) and 1.5/2/2.5 (dshk) to 1.5/3/4.5

Removed Blitzkrieg from Tiger 1, now gains Target Weak Point. Increased speed max to 4.8(4.6). Changes also apply to Tiger ace, removed +2 pop cost over normal Tiger and reduced fuel penalty to 80%(90%) to compensate for loss of Blitzkrieg.

Removed Combat Blitz from King Tiger, now gains Spearhead at vet1. Speed max increased by 0.2. Increased King Tiger gun scatter to match scatter on Tiger I and Spearhead version of the KT gun (4 --> 7.5). Reduced AOE mid on KT gun to match Spearhead version (0.35 --> 0.3).

Spearhead now only forces 1 reload instead of 2 when activating. Removed vehicle rotation speed decrease from ability. Switched suppression to hull MG instead of invisible coaxial MG. Spearhead gives an additional +10 range to main gun at vet3 like IS2 and Tiger 1 vet2 veterancy.

Moved USF and OKW mortar to HQ, both are unlocked after one building has been built. Will place them back into a structure if I add more units later, but it seemed silly to have them just make one tier better for now.

Swapped Irregular LMG42 and DP28 to full power ones (100% higher DPS). Changed their squad base accuracy bonus from +15% to -10% represent lack of training and balance out squad DPS. Overall DPS of irregulars is increased at long and reduced at short, focusing them more as a long range squad. Weapons dropped by irregulars will now be full power on other infantry squads, unlike previously when they were so weak that picking up a dp-28 dropped by these guys reduced grenadier DPS at all but max range. Also applies to partisan LMG42 upgrade.

Added hold fire to jaeger light infantry, fallschirmjagers, jagdpiv as they had camo but no option to hold fire previously. Not checking for vet so they get hold fire before camo.

Bugfixes:

(balance/bug) Removed invisible coaxial MG34 from King Tiger.

Fixed ostheer mortar team smoke barrage weapon's lack of rotation values.

Removed the antenna spam from OKW medic truck.

Repairing removes Loader Injured critical icon (effect itself already was on a 10 second timer so purely graphical)

Future changes:

Might end up removing the minor speed buff to Tigers and nerf IS2 speed instead to balance it out, as other heavies are in the same range as the tiger original values.
20 Feb 2015, 14:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Feb 2015, 14:28 PMCruzz
Quality of life:

Updated turn plans on all vehicles.
Should result in somewhat less pivoting for everything but especially turreted vehicles, no more 360noscope turns, movement choices slightly personalized for the vehicle type (USF AA HT and Kubel have their own plans, other vehicles are split between light, halftrack, light tank, assault gun and tank)

Added extra audiolines for the following things: infrared MP44 (selection, movement, attack), sdkfz251 flamer upgrade (selection, movement, enemy killed), USF infantry equipped with atleast one BAR(attack), added female drivers for SU76, Sturmtiger(under attack), HMG34 vet1 ability

Flameht: changed squad description on flamethrower upgrade to be more accurate

Added a Hold Position toggle for Kubel for disabling movement instantly. Helps maintain the suppression buff on the gun by stopping the Kubel from doing small turns to track enemy units that are still in the cone.

Balance changes:

Reduced distance from construction unit for trenches, sandbags and tanktraps to become solid to 0(5). Does not seem to apply properly to WG/USF(both use same one) sandbags, might have something to do with their multistage build.

Removed 90 radius camouflage detection on soviet mark target plane, it should not be a full fledged recon plane.

Reduced P47 rocket strafe plane vision, it should not be a recon ability (still gives decent vision though...)

ML-20, LEFH vet3 now gives +33% range to precision/counterbarrage similar to mortar vet changes in february patch

Brummbar 150mm cannon aoe damage multipliers increased from 1/0.15/0.05 to 1/0.2/0.1 (more damage on near hits). Brummbar Bunker Buster damage increased to 240(160), BB scatter reduced (was notably higher than regular shot for some reason).

.50 cal and DSHK penetration increased from 1/2/3 (.50 cal) and 1.5/2/2.5 (dshk) to 1.5/3/4.5

Removed Blitzkrieg from Tiger 1, now gains Target Weak Point. Increased speed max to 4.8(4.6). Changes also apply to Tiger ace, removed +2 pop cost over normal Tiger and reduced fuel penalty to 80%(90%) to compensate for loss of Blitzkrieg.

Removed Combat Blitz from King Tiger, now gains Spearhead at vet1. Speed max increased by 0.2. Increased King Tiger gun scatter to match scatter on Tiger I and Spearhead version of the KT gun (4 --> 7.5). Reduced AOE mid on KT gun to match Spearhead version (0.35 --> 0.3).

Spearhead now only forces 1 reload instead of 2 when activating. Removed vehicle rotation speed decrease from ability. Switched suppression to hull MG instead of invisible coaxial MG. Spearhead gives an additional +10 range to main gun at vet3 like IS2 and Tiger 1 vet2 veterancy.

Moved USF and OKW mortar to HQ, both are unlocked after one building has been built. Will place them back into a structure if I add more units later, but it seemed silly to have them just make one tier better for now.

Swapped Irregular LMG42 and DP28 to full power ones (100% higher DPS). Changed their squad base accuracy bonus from +15% to -10% represent lack of training and balance out squad DPS. Overall DPS of irregulars is increased at long and reduced at short, focusing them more as a long range squad. Weapons dropped by irregulars will now be full power on other infantry squads, unlike previously when they were so weak that picking up a dp-28 dropped by these guys reduced grenadier DPS at all but max range. Also applies to partisan LMG42 upgrade.

Added hold fire to jaeger light infantry, fallschirmjagers, jagdpiv as they had camo but no option to hold fire previously. Not checking for vet so they get hold fire before camo.

Bugfixes:

(balance/bug) Removed invisible coaxial MG34 from King Tiger.

Fixed ostheer mortar team smoke barrage weapon's lack of rotation values.

Removed the antenna spam from OKW medic truck.

Repairing removes Loader Injured critical icon (effect itself already was on a 10 second timer so purely graphical)

Future changes:

Might end up removing the minor speed buff to Tigers and nerf IS2 speed instead to balance it out, as other heavies are in the same range as the tiger original values.

Just like this Ladies and Gentlemen, Cruzz made an old vanilla commander viable! Irregulars can actually be a fun unit to play with.
20 Feb 2015, 15:17 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Wait does the spearhead ability supress as well? I thought it only made the turret rotate faster but on smaller cone.

20 Feb 2015, 15:19 PM

Wait does the spearhead ability supress as well? I thought it only made the turret rotate faster but on smaller cone.

It suppresses through an invisible coaxial MG in release and through the hull MG in this mod now. The suppression value is not that high though so it takes a while for it alone to suppress anything, and in vanilla version you can't see the weapon firing so you never really know what it's focusing on.

Spearhead bonuses in vanilla:

Invisible coaxial MG suppresses
+50% sight range
-25% vehicle rotation speed
Turret locked to 90 degrees
Weapon scatter vastly INCREASED
Weapon AOE very slightly DECREASED

...yeah, it's an absolute horrible ability with the stats Relic gave it.
20 Feb 2015, 16:01 PM
Patrion 28

if you let USF have the mortar from the start it would give the 50% more options early game and probably wouldn't break anything. currently they take a while to tech if they go captain and/or buy anything.
20 Feb 2015, 17:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Feb 2015, 14:28 PMCruzz
Quality of life:

21 Feb 2015, 17:09 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Feb 2015, 15:19 PMCruzz

It suppresses through an invisible coaxial MG in release and through the hull MG in this mod now. The suppression value is not that high though so it takes a while for it alone to suppress anything, and in vanilla version you can't see the weapon firing so you never really know what it's focusing on.

Spearhead bonuses in vanilla:

Invisible coaxial MG suppresses
+50% sight range
-25% vehicle rotation speed
Turret locked to 90 degrees
Weapon scatter vastly INCREASED
Weapon AOE very slightly DECREASED

...yeah, it's an absolute horrible ability with the stats Relic gave it.

That's pretty bad, I have barely used it in real games (Not winning with a vet3 KT) but this is the one use I found for it:
PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS