Login

russian armor

OKW Pak 43 Tips

27 Jan 2015, 01:44 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

shits op fam. help?
27 Jan 2015, 06:30 AM

It is certainly tricky and I don't like fighting it. Airborne is the best commander but lacks an arty ability to take out a Pak 43. Scotts will get one-shotted, so they're out. That leaves choosing a weaker Rifle or Infantry commander for effective artillery. Alternatively, you can get a pack howitzer and try to barrage it. Given their current ridiculous hitbox size though, even they may be vulnerable. I'm not sure.

Outside of that, flanking is your best friend against its narrow field of fire and slow set-up time. Always keeps your tanks separate when attacking. If you can close in with one you stand a good chance of at least taking out its crew.
27 Jan 2015, 06:35 AM

Almost all USF off map artillerys will one shot it, for all of my experiences of rage quitting after my Pak43 goes down Kappa
27 Jan 2015, 06:38 AM

Sounds like you just basically had a blob run into a blob. :D Maybe you should cap around but I am not sure either so maybe you should have someone cast your replay and help you get better. You should at least win 10-20 against that strat. :P
27 Jan 2015, 07:06 AM

Just call on it a Artillery Barrage with dat Major, problem solved :D
27 Jan 2015, 10:06 AM

Uh, cpt -> pack howie? Yeah, I know it is too RNG based and sucks, but still...
27 Jan 2015, 10:49 AM

Reco Commander and IR pathfinder arty.

you push him, use smoke to deny his long range firepower and arty him in the fog of war. If 1 arty isn't enough, take 2 pathfinder and wait to have enough ammo.
27 Jan 2015, 11:36 AM
Donator 11

Vet your major and use his call in artillery.
27 Jan 2015, 15:20 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Sounds like you just basically had a blob run into a blob. :D Maybe you should cap around but I am not sure either so maybe you should have someone cast your replay and help you get better. You should at least win 10-20 against that strat. :P

I never move than 3 squads together unless I'm angry or desperate

Like I said there's only so much back capping u can do with a flak HQ, attack move flak half tracks and flank defending obers.

And like I said if you send a decent sized force to take the corner VP you can get cut off by a shrek ober blob really easily

To other suggestions, a pak Bowie destroys any chance of me back capping because it costs an arm and a leg , and the pak43 if it has direct LOS and a couple pot shots would probably one shot the gun itself anyway

I'll try infantry company. Logically it should be a counter to fortifications since the rifles turn into Paras with the LMG which will hopefully counter overs and folks and the priest is accurate enoughto own the pak I can also skip LT. and not be vulnerable to Luch or Panther.
27 Jan 2015, 17:19 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Just call on it a Artillery Barrage with dat Major, problem solved :D

And whoever mention the major: vet3 major vs pak43...none salvo hit the pak. Never gonna make that attempt again.

If you don't have any doctrinal solution to it, your only hope is either massive infantry push or tech Cpt and get a pak howie.
28 Jan 2015, 03:20 AM

Infantry commander, I&R Pathfinders or mechanized arty.
29 Jan 2015, 07:20 AM

I have recently encountered this strat although I was soviet (yes I understand this is for US) I wasn't using Heavy call in doctrine was Using an ML 20 doctrine closest US has to that would be priest from infantry company.

Anyway I can explain pretty much what I did and I believe this is applicable regardless of faction.

I was really aggressive all game long, locking my opponent in the small part of the map that he wanted to fortify, after Pack43 came online I couldn't attack that zone anymore so I moved my whole army to OKW main base bypassing Pack and Flack Truck, my only though was denying the KT by Disabling main base.

I Suffered many casualties losing squads on retreat as they ran through the OKW army, but was using soviet reserve army that has rapid conscription so np there, as US you can avoid this by having major with Retreat point set in the same direction that you use to attack so your units retreat back the way they attacked from not running trough the Flack truck and OKW blob.

Use priest to either barrage the flack Tuck and pack or the Blob that is coming to defend the main base, you pretty much want to draw the blob outside the pack and flack truck radius.

This works even better when your opponent puts The pack behind a shot bloker because when flanked the Flack truck cant help the pack.

My army as soviets was just conscripts and T34 I guess US with Rifle LMG and Shermans.

Hope this helped in any way I will post the replay if anyone is interested It will be labeled (Flank the Fortified position)
29 Jan 2015, 10:19 AM

Smart ass answer, win the game effectively in the 1st ten mins if your going Airborne. :P

The PAK43 range ain't what it used to be, so worst comes to worst, Shermans cans still dominate the flanks and go for a VP win, or hope they overextends and punish.

My USF build is very original, 3 rifles, lieutenant, utility car, ambulance, 2x Paratroopers with LMGS, major, shermans. Throw in an AT gun if needed and nades. M20 mines vs mech tech. Push push push.

Very original, I know, ;)

23 Mar 2015, 02:06 AM

Post a replay, also something I find useful is playing the opposite faction and using the exact same strat I struggle against (you will learn a lot more about its weaknesses).

In the case of Fortifications most OKW players will turtle and blob around their Pak43 until tiger, the natural counter I find is going Armour company, the standard Sherman rush and spam demos for squad wipes (remember these can also one shot the flak ht) while chasing down any lone squads with the sherman trying to cap outside of his Paks range.

Eventually once you have thinned out the blob and have adequate muni you will want to make a coordinated push on his trucks with off map for the Pak before he can get the tiger out. If you fail to destroy all his shit in time, spam m20 mines, drain for VP's and hope for the best.
23 Mar 2015, 03:14 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Yeah This was more of a rage post if anything. I was so fixated and determined to do the same M20 Sherman rush strat... And this pak43 camp build counters it on most if not all maps if the guy knows what he's doing, shriek blob meta doesn't help.
so I said why not try infantry company against it.

It hasn't failed me yet. I was always afraid of infantry company before i opened my eyes and changed up my build order to account for enemy commander choices.

I don't agree with using armor company against this. The 240 arty is extremely unreliable and why use a dozen when the normal Sherman does the same thing and can be used against tanks.
23 Mar 2015, 04:04 AM
Patrion 14

I'd say that mechanized is a good counter to this. The pak43 comes at 8 CPs, and the lack of falls/JLI means that there will be no rifle grenades. If you can keep pressure on the enemy cut off so that it is impossible for your enemy to "build in," you should be pretty good (AA HT is great at stalling volks-blobs with rifle support). The recon + mech arty combo destroys pak43s and makes killing shwerers very easy (180 mu + 3-4 sherman AP shells).

This works great on langreskaya for example where it is easy to hit the enemy cuttoff. Fighting positions are great early game as well, and the jeep can be used to find any buildings being set up.
23 Mar 2015, 07:44 AM

Permanently Banned
veto choke point maps

whhite phos with a rifle push could help

try to fight around the area

and get some whipes if ur lucky

If pak 43 is near med truck or flack HQ

You have lost. its literally impossible to dislodge this kind of defense
23 Mar 2015, 14:24 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

veto choke point maps

whhite phos with a rifle push could help

try to fight around the area

and get some whipes if ur lucky

If pak 43 is near med truck or flack HQ

You have lost. its literally impossible to dislodge this kind of defense

Thanks for the advice queen, that inspirational "you have lost" has changed my life for the better.

White phosphorus will really convince that OKW bastard to stand down when his med truck is two feet away, and his flak truck and obers mercilessly rape my poor rifles.

khlodny Ferms winter...i vetoed that map forever because it's so easy for OKW to lock the vps on top and one fuel. Which means I will always hAve to play at least one of the choke point map or OKW kholocny with blizzard. Semo winter is the same thing.

ash, time on target+ in sync priest barrage does the same thing, and what about weapon upgrades? Would you still have muni for all that?
23 Mar 2015, 14:27 PM

> People suggesting major artillery FailFish

> People suggesting that its over because its impossible to dislodge it FailFish

FailFish

If you see your opponent goes fortificications, airborne might not be the best choice. Armor bulldozers work well since they oneshot alot, plus demochargers are good too. Never forget that the m10 squishes volks very well.

Infantry company oneshots the pak-43, so does mechanized and IR pathfinder arty.
23 Mar 2015, 16:11 PM

Permanently Banned

White phosphorus will really convince that OKW bastard to stand down when his med truck is two feet away, and his flak truck and obers mercilessly rape my poor rifles

Thats what im saying

unless he is bleeding

pak43 next to med truck is gg as usf..
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment