Login

russian armor

OKW Pak 43 Tips

23 Mar 2015, 16:26 PM

Just to reiterate: Every US doc with offmap at least softcounters such shenanigans, US inf comp hardcounters it. Think vCOH, Wehr def doc turtling vs US inf comp, same dynamic applies here. The priest works wonders agaisnt stuff like that and will pick up vet quickly while shooting at a Pak/truck environment.
However, tech Captain and spam 1919s (muy importante) or you'll risk being run over by Luchs/Obers...
23 Mar 2015, 17:08 PM
Patrion 14

ash, time on target+ in sync priest barrage does the same thing, and what about weapon upgrades? Would you still have muni for all that?

Oddly enough, I find that I can upgrade all my rifles with bars and still have enough munis later on for the artillery strikes. The reason I prefer mech to rifle is that the artillery comes down faster, potentially saving your tank that may have found itself in a sticky situation. In a 1v1 I usually don't find investing in a priest to be the best Idea, I prefer shermans.

Edit: As USF, the best strategy for me at least seems to be to gain an avantage in the early game, and keep pressure on the enemy cuttoff until your sherman. WHile this is not the easiest thing to do on all maps if you can force your enemy to tech their T4 in their base or at the very least not very far forward, you will have a much easier time in the late game. Fortifications is a "long haul" commander choice, which means that you won't be seeing any infil nades or #skillflankers. Winning before 8cps is your best bet. :}
23 Mar 2015, 17:31 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Well usually you can get away with Sherman and Jackson with captain and at guns for the first Panther, and from there you get the priest.

like what's another Sherman gonna do against a shrek pak wall.
23 Mar 2015, 17:37 PM
Patrion 14

Well usually you can get away with Sherman and Jackson with captain and at guns for the first Panther, and from there you get the priest.

like what's another Sherman gonna do against a shrek pak wall.

You can usually get 2 shermans by 7 CPs, so you should be able to completely crush his volks blob with them. If you can kill the flak HQ after he retreats, its usually GG, and mech arty really helps with that.

I try to spend the least resources possible on jacksons. If you kill the enemy armor, it becomes a upkeep sink and a fuel sink of 125 fu. I prefer to have 2 shermans before I invest in a jackson, especially since 2 shermans can finish an engine damaged panther easily.
23 Mar 2015, 18:07 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

You can usually get 2 shermans by 7 CPs, so you should be able to completely crush his volks blob with them. If you can kill the flak HQ after he retreats, its usually GG, and mech arty really helps with that.

I try to spend the least resources possible on jacksons. If you kill the enemy armor, it becomes a upkeep sink and a fuel sink of 125 fu. I prefer to have 2 shermans before I invest in a jackson, especially since 2 shermans can finish an engine damaged panther easily.

Jackson can always be used against trucks and a rule I go by is always assume OKW has a panther coming, and with 2 Sherman's your day can be ruined pretty quick if the guy gets some lucky bounces or misses.
no ones stopping you from going 2 Sherman 1 sherman 3 jacksons whatever to priest. It really depends on who you're playing or how you like to play. Just make sure you have 2-3 T4 tanks before calling the priest so it's protected well

Edit can you post a replay of you using Mech in 1v1?Not just against this pak strat. I'm interested in how you find truck setting up etc. I don't wanna risk ruining my win ratio even more than it is by trying it out myself lel
23 Mar 2015, 18:30 PM

Permanently Banned
Just to reiterate: Every US doc with offmap at least softcounters such shenanigans, US inf comp hardcounters it. Think vCOH, Wehr def doc turtling vs US inf comp, same dynamic applies here. The priest works wonders agaisnt stuff like that and will pick up vet quickly while shooting at a Pak/truck environment.
However, tech Captain and spam 1919s (muy importante) or you'll risk being run over by Luchs/Obers...

It wont matter

Even if u take it out

its too late, panher will come and rek shit

and okw floats

so another will be made
24 Mar 2015, 07:31 AM

Permanently Banned
Edit:

if u have 3 para upgrade reduction bullitens? use them

thomson paras cost 77 muni with the bullitens

try to use smoke from sherman to rush the possition

also u need two AT guns (drop them using)

Thomson paras are soo deadly that if the okw player doesnt retreat he will lose units.

Use AT guns to damage/destroy med truck

Retreat paras and follow up with sherman and rifles

u need two upgraded paras for this strat
24 Mar 2015, 17:18 PM
Patrion 14

Jackson can always be used against trucks and a rule I go by is always assume OKW has a panther coming, and with 2 Sherman's your day can be ruined pretty quick if the guy gets some lucky bounces or misses.
no ones stopping you from going 2 Sherman 1 sherman 3 jacksons whatever to priest. It really depends on who you're playing or how you like to play. Just make sure you have 2-3 T4 tanks before calling the priest so it's protected well

Edit can you post a replay of you using Mech in 1v1?Not just against this pak strat. I'm interested in how you find truck setting up etc. I don't wanna risk ruining my win ratio even more than it is by trying it out myself lel

Yeah, I'll get you 1-2 next time I play. Been messing with sovs recently.
3 Apr 2015, 22:43 PM

Infantry Company is the medicine....off-map insta wipes the PAK-43.

Rifles with m1919s rape OKW, if not enough use M8a1 + M36 defensively.

1 Priest is a very good vs medic truck...just wait when he retreats.

If he rushes with tanks...lay mines everywhere ^^
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS