Login

russian armor

Reinforced Wire. Why....?

10 Jan 2015, 07:03 AM

Why is there such a thing as reinforced wire for OKW, what is the reasoning behind it?

For the life of me I can't understand it's need to exist over your standard wire.

I just came out of a game where OKW wired off whole sections of line to us, and we couldn't do anything against it until vehicles came out.

Is there some tiny reason why it's there?

Isn't standard barbed wire enough?
10 Jan 2015, 07:06 AM

No idea why the reinforced wire exists. Make a mistake with it and he would lock himself out. I still think the regular wire is enough.

Assymetrical just for the sake of it I'm guessing.
10 Jan 2015, 07:33 AM

i like OKW reinforced wires it takes time to construct but will deny critical location access..

In some maps you will have to watch out for this early as they can be a pain like semoisky..

Reinforced wires adds some variety to the game.

Strum pioneers unlike other faction's engineers are really strong early game units right so,

if your opp is spending their time building wires early in game then you have the advantage in initial engagements take advantage of it and punish him dont be afraid to over extend if required.
10 Jan 2015, 07:40 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Who needs reinforced barbwire when you have sandbags with Volks :rolleyes:

10 Jan 2015, 07:41 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

I'm OK with the idea that light vehicles can't crush it, but the fact that you can't destroy it with wire cutters is just obnoxious.
10 Jan 2015, 07:44 AM

One of many headscratchers with OKW.
10 Jan 2015, 07:45 AM

Permanently Banned
kus its "OKW"
10 Jan 2015, 07:48 AM

Why cant the wire be cut away... did Krupp - of all things - make special wire that cannot be cut by anyone's wirecutters, and neglected giving Sturmpioneers wire cutters made out of the same alloy? Its just plain wire wrapped around mini Czech hedgehogs - its not like tank traps block infantry alongside blocking vehicles... actually... tank traps can be used to block infantry because reasons. (Putting any tank trap in narrow passages sometimes blocks infantry movement :/ )

Cool game 10/10 would delete again

But seriously, cut the wire and walk on through. The hedgehogs can stay and block vehicles until destroyed. Why must the set principles of the game become invalid for the sake of "great" design choices?
10 Jan 2015, 07:54 AM

relic sure has some good ideas, i can see OKW is a really well made faction :snfBarton:
10 Jan 2015, 08:06 AM

Because OKW struggle early game? isn't it obvious that they have to do anything they can to delay so they can survive until the late mid game?
10 Jan 2015, 08:20 AM

Because OKW struggle early game? isn't it obvious that they have to do anything they can to delay so they can survive until the late mid game?

OKW have problem only with MG spam and fast medium tanks. In team games have OKW very strong game with kubels and strumpios..

10 Jan 2015, 09:11 AM
Patrion 14

I'm OK with the idea that light vehicles can't crush it, but the fact that you can't destroy it with wire cutters is just obnoxious.

this
10 Jan 2015, 09:40 AM

It was introduced by relic as asymmetrical balance choice since okw can't inflict engine damage with it's base infantry, leaving it very vulnerable early vehicles, which can be blocked by it therefore.
10 Jan 2015, 10:03 AM

Yes, having the best close-mid range starting infantry in the game, having the best starting infantry in the game (volks are better than grens in all stages of the game easily) and having a great vehicle that only costs 5 fuel and can get the best light vehicles out earlier than any other faction, yep, a weak early game indeed.

I wonder what is ostheer early game if OKW early game is weak....
10 Jan 2015, 10:04 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jan 2015, 10:03 AMBurts

Yes, having the best close-mid range starting infantry in the game, having the best starting infantry in the game (volks are better than grens in all stages of the game easily) and having a great vehicle that only costs 5 fuel and can get the best light vehicles out earlier than any other faction, yep, a weak early game indeed.

I wonder what is ostheer early game if OKW early game is weak....
Abysmal.
10 Jan 2015, 10:32 AM

Because there needs to be a serious argument on why allied players should always ban semoisky summer.
10 Jan 2015, 11:10 AM

It was introduced by relic as asymmetrical balance choice since okw can't inflict engine damage with it's base infantry, leaving it very vulnerable early vehicles, which can be blocked by it therefore.

Yep, most people use wire to safeguard against early vehicles. My experience is wire is used to block flanking routes or deny sectors so you are forced to attack their blob head on.

The part i like is allies can't cut wire but OKW truck drives around early in the match destroying any wire or green cover. Just incase opponent was considering something remotely cerebral like position or tactics...

Fucking laughable.....
10 Jan 2015, 11:18 AM

Fucking laughable.....

That just sums up my whole opinion of the game's design currently...
10 Jan 2015, 12:10 PM

Hey I just explain the thoughts behind it, not that it's actually used for that purpose.
Phy
10 Jan 2015, 13:04 PM

I just came out of a game where OKW wired off whole sections of line to us, and we couldn't do anything against it until vehicles came out.

You can use penals satchel or demo charges. But agreed, it's senseless you can't cut it or OKW being the only faction with it.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★