PPSh-41...
Option Distribution Votes
41%
55%
4%
Total votes: 82
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
25 Dec 2014, 04:10 AM

Even though it hasnt been discussed a buff to the conscript assault package is one of the most important changes Relic has to do in the next patch. Soviet infantry needs some sort of scaling and a buff would be a step in that direction. PPSh-41 comes in at least 5 commanders, 5 slots which isnt really useful at the moment. Of these only one comes with a call-in, so PPSh-41 in the state that they are at the moment contributes to the booring call-in meta. PPSh-41 is goood at short range so a buff would encourage people to actually micro the infantry instead of just attack-move them. I cant imagine that anybody would be against a buff, but you never know?

25 Dec 2014, 04:23 AM
Patrion 28

cons need a buff, not ppshs
25 Dec 2014, 04:25 AM

I agree they drop like flys now with their bullet magnet qualities and the upgrade hardly increases damage better to build a free sandbag wall and camp with default rifles which got buffed so they give up more dps to buy the ppsh now
25 Dec 2014, 04:26 AM

Give them a little bit armor with vet and they will be fine.
25 Dec 2014, 04:29 AM

Give them a little bit armor with vet and they will be fine.

I think armour is for shocks. They shouldnt be as good as shocks
25 Dec 2014, 04:40 AM

They just need a " little bit". Make them more resilient with vet 3 and they re fine to scale.
25 Dec 2014, 04:53 AM

I think armour is for shocks. They shouldnt be as good as shocks

I think people saying "armour" is just a holdover from the first half of CoH2's life where infantry had armour instead of lower received accuracy.
25 Dec 2014, 06:30 AM
Patrion 28

i don't care if they don't have any received accuracy penalty and get a small damage buff at longer ranges or something else is done (as long as it actually works...) but cons are meh at best against OKH and shit against OKW. their only purpose is throwing molotovs at suppressed units.
25 Dec 2014, 07:24 AM

I think they're pretty balanced on one hand, but I think their profile could be modified so that they at least keep the minimum DPS of Mosin Nagants. LMG's still slightly improve close range performance, G43 and BAR still slightly improve long range performance, so I see no good reason the only doctrinal upgrade Conscripts have should nerf their already poor range whilst comparable upgrades do not. It makes sitting in green cover a bad thing.
25 Dec 2014, 07:27 AM

PPSH Cnos are not very good, especially against OKW. Closing in already makes you lose models. Even if you force the enemy off, you still get manpower bled
25 Dec 2014, 08:20 AM

As a master conspammer i can say that the PPSH is not an upgrade, but it is a horrible downgrade. With just mosin nagants, your conscripts can compete with LMG grens even at mid-long range if you have the superior cover (which you should have, since conspam gives you total map domination).

PPSH forces conscripts to close in ALL the time and makes them very useless except for those few ocassions you can ambush stuff around the corner.

Shocks are a bit different since they can afford to close in because of their 1.5 armor.
Vaz
25 Dec 2014, 08:30 AM

The individual gun is ok. To me what seems stupid is half the squad with close range guns. If you get into effective range they perform pretty good, otherwise the squad might as well be unarmed on 3 guys. In most games I have played based on wwII, ppsh is a top gun. Here it has the same range as a knife.
25 Dec 2014, 09:15 AM

PPShs are okay, Cons are not... They are the worst basic infantry arguably in all respects. They're good at vetting thanks to their squad size, but the veterancy does bugger all...
25 Dec 2014, 09:36 AM

PPShs are okay, Cons are not... They are the worst basic infantry arguably in all respects. They're good at vetting thanks to their squad size, but the veterancy does bugger all...

I think the ppsh upgrade is ok as is. It's cheap and specializes the squad into an assault squad (with oorah). I just think the recieved accuracy penalty cons got a few patches back needs to go. I'm not even sure why it was added. Cons have lowish dps because they're supposed to be tougher with the larger squad size; with the penalty and the new cover mechanic though, cons feel really squishy.
25 Dec 2014, 10:03 AM

Think PPSH is just fine.
I think Cons die to fast and in large number to Armor shots. (like most other infantry) but thats another story
25 Dec 2014, 12:05 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

The amount of people suggesting to buff cons is disturbing. Cons do really well, especially against Wehrmacht. Against OKW it's a bit tricky due to the idiotic Vet 5 system and Obers (in that case OKW needs to be reworked not the cons). With the use of sandbags they are viable till the late game aswell. The Conscripts themselves are fine, it's the PPSH-41 upgrade that sucks. I'd rather have a dedicated close range Shocktroops squad with more survivability than a Conscript squad that only deals damage at point blank range after the upgrade.
25 Dec 2014, 15:34 PM

I'd rather go for a medium-long range doctrinal weapon upgrade (DP, SVT-40), it makes no sense for me to mix rifles and smgs... :P
25 Dec 2014, 15:35 PM

PPSH are useless for Conscripts. They are too weak to close in when vet LMGs and Obers start flooding the field. You just occupy strategic locations by camping houses and green cover mid-late game.
26 Dec 2014, 15:42 PM

PPSH41 upgrade is a waste of commander abilities, and it's inferior to axis non-doctrinal upgrade just like many other Allied commander abilities.
26 Dec 2014, 19:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Dec 2014, 12:05 PMluvnest
The amount of people suggesting to buff cons is disturbing. Cons do really well, especially against Wehrmacht. Against OKW it's a bit tricky due to the idiotic Vet 5 system and Obers (in that case OKW needs to be reworked not the cons). With the use of sandbags they are viable till the late game aswell. The Conscripts themselves are fine, it's the PPSH-41 upgrade that sucks. I'd rather have a dedicated close range Shocktroops squad with more survivability than a Conscript squad that only deals damage at point blank range after the upgrade.

THANK YOU. When some average players like me say this, everybody lose their minds. But it's good to hear this coming from a pro.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★