Login

russian armor

$1000 1v1 Questions & Answers

27 Nov 2014, 13:58 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Got a question about the rules? Ask it here and a Ref or Admin will answer you.

Registration Spreadsheet on GoogleDocs
29 Nov 2014, 16:00 PM

which time the match will take place
29 Nov 2014, 16:29 PM

Why exactly is rifle company or elite troops banned?

Elite troops i may understand because of the somewhat questionable tiger ace mechanic, but rifle company is not even the best USF doctrine, so it would be nice to know why these commanders are banned.
29 Nov 2014, 16:39 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

Because it has RNG-Vet which was founded unworthy for tournamental gameplay!
29 Nov 2014, 16:41 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

which time the match will take place

The full schedule is posted in the rules.
29 Nov 2014, 17:33 PM
Donator 11

I don't fully understand this part:

Faction Picking
Rounds will alternate between "Top Player Allies First" and "Top Player Axis First," which will be printed under the round names on the Challonge Bracket. "Top Player" refers to the player on the top of each bracket for that round. The picking process is as follows:

Game 1: Axis Player declares his Army first, then Allies Player declares his Army.
Game 2: Axis Player declares his Army first, then Allies Player declares his Army.
Game 3 (if necessary):
VP Leader from first two games declares whether he will play Axis or Allies.
VP Loser from first two games declares which Army he will play from his side.
VP Leader declares which Army he will play from his side.

The VP Leader has earned the right to counter-pick his opponent.

Could someone give me an example how faction picking would work?
29 Nov 2014, 18:16 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

Best-of-1 matches: Mirror matches are allowed in the Best-of-1 series. This is to allow every player to play with his or her favorite Army. Starting positions can be worked out by the players, or "random" (Fixed Positions not ticked) can be used if no amicable solution can be reached.

Mirror matches? :facepalm:

I knew this day was coming but I didn't expect it to be happening here.
29 Nov 2014, 18:17 PM

Cheers for setting up the tourny lads (and ofc the sponsor!), a wee comment and two queries for yous :)

Can't say i'm a fan of the R1 format, 1 game and mirror matches, bleeeurgh. I can understand why, time constraints and all that, but it could be a real banana skin round.

As for my queries, 1st off, is the OKW truck block on the bridge considered a bug/bad sportsmanship or just someone really playing to win? (putting it politely). Personally I would not consider it a bug, just a shitty thing to do on principle, but it is currently in the game and something we have to live with till relic fix their pudding :P

Lastly, and I doubt this will come up, as very few use this ability and it is a bug around since way back when, but if it does occur, how do you judge if someone is exploiting the Ostheer Camo Bug? (http://www.coh2.org/topic/27204/ostheer-camo-bug-ninja-army)

For example, I have used the doctrine and had it happen unintentionally a good few times, you buy the camo for a squad, have them in cover, it bugs out when you move them away and your squad is still cloaked. The only way to avoid this, is not to be in cover when the camo pops, which is a bit counterproductive and easily forgettable. Take for example if your upgrading a Mg42 squad with the camo, you'd have to setup outside of cover until the camo is upgraded to avoid the bug, then unsetup, move into cover and setup again.

If you forget all this and the camo bugs out, clearly it would be a dick move and exploiting to use the hold fire ability and flank enemy squads with invisible squads, but on the other hand, you can't get your squad to uncloak as far as i'm aware, until they actually fire at the enemy. Which leaves you in a bit of a moral bind..

29 Nov 2014, 18:18 PM

To follow up on faction picking, since there is no "allied player" in round one since you can pick any 4 factions including mirrors how does this work?

Also are starting locations not decided by faction choice in this round? or is that only if its a mirror?
29 Nov 2014, 22:03 PM

im in it just for the lulz, and the support also so now i have an account :D

but how will you arrange the bracket for R1?

on one hand i dont want to see the top player facing each other there, its a waste
but i dont think i want to face them either, getting stomped so early is really depressing
29 Nov 2014, 23:31 PM

Because it has RNG-Vet which was founded unworthy for tournamental gameplay!

Sigh , this is a big joke. You might as well review the other few commanders that have RNG-vet if we are going that way.
29 Nov 2014, 23:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Nov 2014, 18:16 PMluvnest

So mirror in like if both players want to play OKW, it will be OKW vs OKW? Im so confused <444>_<444>
29 Nov 2014, 23:46 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

So mirror in like if both players want to play OKW, it will be OKW vs OKW? Im so confused <444>_<444>

Yes. :*(
30 Nov 2014, 11:37 AM

Why i can't find sponsors facebook profile? :snfBarton:
30 Nov 2014, 11:46 AM

If this is the case its horrible. Dual volksblobbs chasing each other? - "How can i counter his volksblobbs. By making my own of course."
30 Nov 2014, 14:40 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Nov 2014, 17:33 PME-zy
Could someone give me an example how faction picking would work?

R2: Top player plays Axis first

Ami vs.
E-zy

Game 1: Ami picks OKW. E-zy picks Soviets.
Game 2: E-zy picks Wehr. Ami picks Soviets.
Game 3. Ami has VP lead so Ami picks Axis. E-zy picks Soviets. Ami picks OKW.

Ami proceeds to crush E-zy and move on to the next round.
30 Nov 2014, 14:44 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Nov 2014, 18:16 PMluvnest

We used this exact format (mirror matches in earliest rounds) in all SNF5 Quali Tourneys. We use Best-of-1 for the sake of time constraints for both players and referees. An unfortunate player could play ten games of COH2 on Saturday.

Many of the players will probably have byes in Round 1 and will simply be waiting around twiddling their thumbs. We do Best-of-1 so their wait time is as short as possible and we do mirror matches so you can play what you want to play.
30 Nov 2014, 14:51 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Nov 2014, 18:17 PMBryan
As for my queries, 1st off, is the OKW truck block on the bridge considered a bug/bad sportsmanship or just someone really playing to win? (putting it politely). Personally I would not consider it a bug, just a shitty thing to do on principle, but it is currently in the game and something we have to live with till relic fix their pudding :P

We are aware of this exploit and we will give you our final decision shortly before tourney time. Here's to hoping it gets fixed before kick-off.
30 Nov 2014, 14:56 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

but how will you arrange the bracket for R1?

on one hand i dont want to see the top player facing each other there, its a waste
but i dont think i want to face them either, getting stomped so early is really depressing

The brackets will be seeded.
30 Nov 2014, 15:04 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

Ami proceeds to crush E-zy and move on to the next round.

Haha I knew this was coming. :snfAmi:

We used this exact format (mirror matches in earliest rounds) in all SNF5 Quali Tourneys. We use Best-of-1 for the sake of time constraints for both players and referees. An unfortunate player could play ten games of COH2 on Saturday.

Many of the players will probably have byes in Round 1 and will simply be waiting around twiddling their thumbs. We do Best-of-1 so their wait time is as short as possible and we do mirror matches so you can play what you want to play.

Alright then fair enough, that was before my time. I'm just not a fan of mirror matches. Guess I'll be picking the opposite faction then. Looking foward to the tourney.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS