Login

russian armor

USF needs this badly

• This thread is locked
PAGES (3)down
20 Nov 2014, 07:08 AM

SIGH...you are indoctrinated I am afraid in the Myth of the Ubermensch. They had some things better some things worse. But they did have a hard on for big guns due to Hitler compensating. Of course we could get into Universal Parts and how great that was and how our tanks had a higher Up-Time as a result since it made logistics so easy. And we can also put this out there for your enjoyment:

http://ftr.wot-news.com/2013/09/05/common-myths-about-wwii/

At your silly response about veterans of course they would have preferred better tanks but it wasn't up to them. US Industry is what won us the war. We didnt require over engineering. And the fact that the US actually killed more German tanks then Germans killed American tanks is quite funny...

And stop with the Melodrama...its silly.

Back on Topic:

I hope they do Add the Rangers like I said before. I think 400MP would be a fair cost as long as they performed well.

Buddy, the only one indoctrinated here is you. I am just being realistic. And:

1. Assuming that someone won the war because it was better than his opponent it's just childish. You probably have like 18 years at most and you built your history knowllege on 2 penny sites like the one you quoted instead reading history books, studying technical features of allied and Axis tanks, or waching some serious documentary films on Discovery based on FACTS, statistics and historical documentation;
2. Every sensible and unbiased man in this world knows that Allied won the war because they had the superior manpower and resources, being able to flood any front with 10 times more men and equipment.
3. Everybody, including me, are happy that they did so and appreciate the sacrifice of so many Allied soldiers, because of that we are living in a free world (at least a good part of it). But even so, our eyes must stay open and our judgement must not be altered by stupid stereotypes issued from Clint Eastwoold's movies where one american officer would kill 50 germans soldiers with his thumb. Wehrmacht was a splendid army, excellent trained and equiped, best army of its time. UNFORTUNATELLY in THE MOST WRONG HANDS, but this does not mean we cannot admire its tactics and equipment and recognize its superiority. Even the uniforms were looking verry good (how could they look bad, while designed by one of the most famous italian cloths designer which is famous even today?!)

To @Burts: I reccomend to you the Discovery documentary movie "Tanks!". There is a part of the info and there you will have the comparison between the number of Allied and Axis tanks destroyed on every front, together with some technical facts. You will be surprised of what you will find out. Knowing the fact that all these documentary films are done by former "Allied" we can't suspect them of speaking in Axis' favor, on the contrary. So make your judgement.
20 Nov 2014, 07:09 AM

Permanently Banned
ShutUP!

Mods lock this thread PLZ!!
20 Nov 2014, 07:12 AM

Except this one :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:
900MP, 300Fuel, 15 CP :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

I am really wonder when are they going to put this in COH2. USF needs a serious tank!
20 Nov 2014, 07:13 AM

ShutUP!

Mods lock this thread PLZ!!

Fine, I'm outta' here!
20 Nov 2014, 07:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Nov 2014, 07:12 AMJohnnyB

I am really wonder when are they going to put this in COH2. USF needs a serious tank!

All USF can get is Pershing. No chance for Super Pershing :P
20 Nov 2014, 07:28 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Nov 2014, 07:08 AMJohnnyB

... Wehrmacht was a splendid army, excellent trained and equiped, best army of its time...

yea. those horses reinforcing wehrmacht supply lines through the western russia was what kept wehr going as far as they did. i don't know how you can prove that wehrmacht was the best army of its time. in the start of war, wehr was inefficient during invasion of poland, british expeditionary force was only fully mechanized division i believe, french and brit tanks were better at the time etc etc. the saving grace was their blitzkrieg tactic which was thought of by the "wrong hands" you call'em.

i do agree with many part of what you say but i think your vision of wehr is very glorified
20 Nov 2014, 08:09 AM

All USF can get is Pershing. No chance for Super Pershing :P

No Pershing pls! Gib glorious Assault Tank~!

20 Nov 2014, 14:19 PM

No Pershing pls! Gib glorious Assault Tank~!

Sorry but no more shermans. All are the same. Just biggest gun or biggest armor. Shermans are boring.
We need something new with new way to use. For example Sherman Calliope - Yes because it's different, M4A3R3 with flamethrower - Yes, but the rest? No.
20 Nov 2014, 14:33 PM

1. Assuming that someone won the war because it was better than his opponent it's just childish. You probably have like 18 years at most and you built your history knowllege on 2 penny sites like the one you quoted instead reading history books, studying technical features of allied and Axis tanks, or waching some serious documentary films on Discovery based on FACTS, statistics and historical documentation;
2. Every sensible and unbiased man in this world knows that Allied won the war because they had the superior manpower and resources, being able to flood any front with 10 times more men and equipment.
3. Everybody, including me, are happy that they did so and appreciate the sacrifice of so many Allied soldiers, because of that we are living in a free world (at least a good part of it). But even so, our eyes must stay open and our judgement must not be altered by stupid stereotypes issued from Clint Eastwoold's movies where one american officer would kill 50 germans soldiers with his thumb. Wehrmacht was a splendid army, excellent trained and equiped, best army of its time. UNFORTUNATELLY in THE MOST WRONG HANDS, but this does not mean we cannot admire its tactics and equipment and recognize its superiority. Even the uniforms were looking verry good (how could they look bad, while designed by one of the most famous italian cloths designer which is famous even today?!)

To @Burts: I reccomend to you the Discovery documentary movie "Tanks!". There is a part of the info and there you will have the comparison between the number of Allied and Axis tanks destroyed on every front, together with some technical facts. You will be surprised of what you will find out. Knowing the fact that all these documentary films are done by former "Allied" we can't suspect them of speaking in Axis' favor, on the contrary. So make your judgement.

If that is where you got your source, then either that documentary is full of shit or you horribly misunderstood it.

And it's very easy to just throw all the blame to Hitler because HE was the reason the soviets ended up wawing their flag in Berlin, Everyone ELSE and everything was perfect!

Nobody here is stereotyped by Clints Eastwoods or whatever where 1 american kills 100 germans, except you who seems to be stereotyped by 1 german killing 100 soviets or whatever.

20 Nov 2014, 14:40 PM

To @Burts: I reccomend to you the Discovery documentary movie

Honestly, I cannot trust Discovery one bit these days.

I'd encourage that you'd have a look at some of the Soviet tactics that had been developed by the end of the war... Especially with regard to Deep Battle and operations such as Bagration. Even Kursk, which given some of the posts on this forum seems to be regarded as a German victory, should be considered with what happens after Hitler cancels Citadel (i.e. the Red Army destroys the salients north and South of the Kursk salient, that's hardly a stalemate when the opposition counterattacks you in days and pushes you back.

Being outnumbered 10 times is certainly an exaggeration by the way. At Barbarossa, the Red Army was in fact outnumbered during the invasion. Most of the time, the Red Army had a 2 to 1 advantage. Even during Stalingrad 62nd Army is outnumbered by the 6th Army.

Your glowing praise of their uniforms and you suggestion that we have to "recognise its superiority" makes me concerned for your objectivity.

The fact is, the Wehrmacht was at its peak in 1941. By 1945, its gone.

You can't attribute its defeat entirely to one man.

I wouldn't dismiss the World of Tanks forums either, there are some very reputable historians posting there, or people who are extremely well read on them.

I look forward to more praise of the Tiger and its operational effectiveness...

20 Nov 2014, 15:22 PM

Completely misuderstood, fellows. The wrong hands means not only Hitler, but all its regime of terror and blindness with all people involved. I don't know about you but I make a difference between military and politics. While I admire the tool, I totaly disapprove the brain.

Related to german army and its tanks, I will stop here, it's cristal clear for me that it's no use to debate with such biased and ignorant people which discuss hystory without knowing shit or deliberately reject the actual facts. I'm sorry, but cannot abstain, you could not see the truth even if it hits you in the eye through hystorical accurate documentation.
20 Nov 2014, 15:56 PM

First of all let me start by saying you know nothing John Snow...

18 years? Fuck I wish. I was 18 before you were born most likely. And unlike you I am a Vet and I have served in a War Zone rather than just read about what it was like.

I have read plenty of books but they are copy written you fool. Want me to Scan them for you? Its customary to post an internet source on the internet.

Now please stop derailing this thread. I can go on and on and on and beat you down with a wall of text and hyperbole just as well. But thats not on this threads topic. If you want to continue to talk crap feel free to take it to PM.
20 Nov 2014, 16:01 PM

...And unlike you I am a Vet and I have served in a War Zone...

Which one? Just curious, not gonna question whether legit or not. And how old are you actually?:huhsign:
20 Nov 2014, 16:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Nov 2014, 16:01 PMsteel

Which one? Just curious, not gonna question whether legit or not. And how old are you actually?:huhsign:

Afghanistan. And Old enough....

I served at IJC in KAIA where I worked all over Kabul like Camp Phoenix and Bala Hissar and a bunch of the other little outlying FOBs there, at KAF near "Shit Lake", Herat, alot of time at Shindand and Fire Base Thomas.
20 Nov 2014, 16:12 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Nov 2014, 15:22 PMJohnnyB
Completely misuderstood, fellows. The wrong hands means not only Hitler, but all its regime of terror and blindness with all people involved. I don't know about you but I make a difference between military and politics. While I admire the tool, I totaly disapprove the brain.

Related to german army and its tanks, I will stop here, it's cristal clear for me that it's no use to debate with such biased and ignorant people which discuss hystory without knowing shit or deliberately reject the actual facts. I'm sorry, but cannot abstain, you could not see the truth even if it hits you in the eye through hystorical accurate documentation.

yeah but, the wrong hands is what made wehrmacht right? those wrong hands were whom kept growing military strength and made overwhelmingly successful, at first, doctrines like blitzkrieg. you can't talk about the egg without mentioning the chicken dude.

wow. what a drama queen. i love this "my sources are ironclad no biased facts and yours, if you disagree with me, is a complete biased propaganda made by ignorant dicks". what is your "hystorical facts" can you name them so i can have a read? i would be delighted to.

if your sources seem tight and legit and support your "facts", i will gladly eat my words.
20 Nov 2014, 16:30 PM

Afghanistan. And Old enough....

I served at IJC in KAIA where I worked all over Kabul like Camp Phoenix and Bala Hissar and a bunch of the other little outlying FOBs there, at KAF near "Shit Lake", Herat, alot of time at Shindand and Fire Base Thomas.
o_O, it seems you've went through a lot. Salute.

Gentleman, meet coh2.org very own obersoldaten. A man who truly deserves some peace and quiet now after serving his country.:clap:

I'm guessing you're 40-50 years old.
20 Nov 2014, 17:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Nov 2014, 16:30 PMsteel
o_O, it seems you've went through a lot. Salute.

Gentleman, meet coh2.org very own obersoldaten. A man who truly deserves some peace and quiet now after serving his country.:clap:

I'm guessing you're 40-50 years old.

Close to 40.
20 Nov 2014, 17:24 PM

Everyone is a bad historian, I doubt any of you read as much World War 2 history as I did and it look's like everyone has deviated from the topic now.

-locked-
PAGES (3)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight