Login

russian armor

Mark Target

PAGES (7)down
13 Nov 2014, 22:18 PM

Why not make it increase accuracy by 200%? That should make any AT Weapon have 100% accuracy against any target.

That would actually be very fair, Allied AT equipment often suffers from a lack of accuracy. If accuracy was improved by marking a target instead of increasing the raw damage the target takes, then it would be mostly balanced.
13 Nov 2014, 22:20 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

Why not make it increase accuracy by 200%? That should make any AT Weapon have 100% accuracy against any target.
I don't think that would be strong enough. Most AT weapons don't have problems hitting super heavy tanks, just penetrating them. To make it balanced it would have to come a lot earlier and cost a lot less, making it more of an anti light vehicle ability. I'd rather keep it in an anti heavy tank role.
13 Nov 2014, 22:24 PM

Because its not meant to help counter scout cars at max range and these are the only ones where accuracy matters against.
13 Nov 2014, 22:28 PM

THe ability aint broken in 3v3 and 4v4. Panthers and KTs dominate those game modes. It is needed. What else is there to fight those tanks?
13 Nov 2014, 22:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Nov 2014, 22:20 PMRomeo
I don't think that would be strong enough. Most AT weapons don't have problems hitting super heavy tanks, just penetrating them. To make it balanced it would have to come a lot earlier and cost a lot less, making it more of an anti light vehicle ability. I'd rather keep it in an anti heavy tank role.
jump backJump back to quoted post13 Nov 2014, 22:24 PMKatitof
Because its not meant to help counter scout cars at max range and these are the only ones where accuracy matters against.

I didn't say that would be the only thing it could do. Besides, an SU-85 shooting at a Tiger Tank from long range has only a 65% chance to roll a hit. Marked Target giving an accuracy buff would increase this chance.

Addition factors could be increased penetration against the target and keep the target visible even in fog.
13 Nov 2014, 22:48 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

I don't think Mark target is too strong, if you just play a bit more careful with your tank you should be fine.
However i would definitely like it more if the bonus would go from increased damage to increased penetration. This way medium tanks arent affected as much and stops the b4 mark target combo of death.
Cost could go down as well

increased accuracy is a pretty bad bonus though. tanks are pretty accurate fighint heavy tanks already
13 Nov 2014, 23:30 PM

If you make the ability increase penetration it becomes fairly pointless if you either flank a tank or when you are fighting a relitively low armor target like a p4. Panthers from behind only have 110 armor as well

I feel like doing that just makes the ability highly specialized and removes the benifits gained from good play.

I can see what specific combinations Romeo sees as problematic, but I don't think mark target is the specific part of these combinations that needs a change in order to balance them as i thus far don't see a clear cut effective solution without just a strait nerf to an otherwise balanced ability IMO
13 Nov 2014, 23:42 PM
Patrion 14

Mark target definitely needs to be countered by the plane being shot down, and the OKW cmd panther version needs a similar trade-off. Abilities that allow extra damage fucks with the game IMHO, this is why the ISU/ JT/ ELE are so annoying. Mark target should either last only for 15-30 seconds, or should adjust penetration modifiers. This will also fix the "oneshotting" problem with B4s.
13 Nov 2014, 23:42 PM

meh, 30% bonus damage is not a joke. in fact, its a lot.
the only change that i would like to see is the effect ending after the plane gets shot down. it makes sense (sort of) and adds a way to counter it

also l o l at people thinking soviet late game is bad.
14 Nov 2014, 00:28 AM

I don't think nothing is wrong with it atm I thought something was wrong with it when it was 50% dmg bonus + stack. that's op but now it don't stack. so once u get marked hide out for a little bit. and its a good opportunity to lure a hungry player into a mine. trust me its fine. waste their muni by running
14 Nov 2014, 01:18 AM
Patrion 28

increased accuracy and pen and a shorter duration.
14 Nov 2014, 01:56 AM

If you make the ability increase penetration it becomes fairly pointless if you either flank a tank or when you are fighting a relitively low armor target like a p4. Panthers from behind only have 110 armor as well

Except on Heavy Tanks which can and often do bounce shots from medium tanks even on the rear. A T-34/76 genuinely struggles to penetrate a King Tiger from behind at point blank.
14 Nov 2014, 03:23 AM

the only change that i would like to see is the effect ending after the plane gets shot down. it makes sense (sort of) and adds a way to counter it

also l o l at people thinking soviet late game is bad.

+1

If there is counterplay to it it should be fine.
The plance actually gets shot down quite a bit when OKW flakhq / base defenses are on the field.
14 Nov 2014, 07:24 AM

The effect has always been fine but not ending from the plane being shot down has always in my eyes at least has been a bug.
14 Nov 2014, 07:34 AM

The effect has always been fine but not ending from the plane being shot down has always in my eyes at least has been a bug.

and then the pane gets shot down before it enters the battlefield by the OKW flaktruck #counterplay
14 Nov 2014, 08:11 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Nov 2014, 07:34 AMNinjaWJ

and then the pane gets shot down before it enters the battlefield by the OKW flaktruck #counterplay

Then make it a little harder to shoot down.
14 Nov 2014, 10:04 AM
Patrion 28

Then make it a little harder to shoot down.

that would require relic to revise the entire plane/AA system and therefore is not going to happen.
14 Nov 2014, 10:27 AM

Just use doctrine with smoke and you won't have problem vs doctrine with mark target :)
14 Nov 2014, 10:31 AM
Benefactor 115

+1
14 Nov 2014, 10:57 AM

I think B4, P-47, Mark target, etc are needed as they are in current meta. German late game armor is strong enough to offer to a good player a verry good chance to win. So I don't think any of these should change. Nor the powerfullness of the german armor :P.
Let's not create artificial issues.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight