Login

russian armor

Mark Target

PAGES (7)down
13 Nov 2014, 18:41 PM

Let those Axis heavies roam free! Freedom freedom! Deustchland uber alles!
13 Nov 2014, 18:43 PM

Well, once non doctrinal soviet vehicles aren't metal coffins, then i am fine with mark target increasing penetration instead of damage.

However, until soviet non doctrinal vehicles are unable to do anything, it must stay as it is.

13 Nov 2014, 18:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Nov 2014, 18:43 PMBurts
Well, once non doctrinal soviet vehicles aren't metal coffins, then i am fine with mark target increasing penetration instead of damage.

However, until soviet non doctrinal vehicles are unable to do anything, it must stay as it is.

13 Nov 2014, 18:49 PM

The primary problem me and my team on my stream was talking about this very thing about a week ago, The problem being that a lot of allied tanks are 2 shotable.

These tanks need to be brought up to at least 3 shot range.
Now when you look at the medium like the P4 attacking a Jackson that can take up to 4-5 shots. but when you go up to ELE or JT or KT its a 2 shot. this adds so many problems.

SU-86 and T34/76 is in the same boat as well.
13 Nov 2014, 18:51 PM

13 Nov 2014, 18:52 PM

13 Nov 2014, 18:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Nov 2014, 18:43 PMBurts

The primary problem me and my team on my stream was talking about this very thing about a week ago, The problem being that a lot of allied tanks are 2 shotable.

These tanks need to be brought up to at least 3 shot range.
Now when you look at the medium like the P4 attacking a Jackson that can take up to 4-5 shots. but when you go up to ELE or JT or KT its a 2 shot. this adds so many problems.

SU-86 and T34/76 is in the same boat as well.

Well i like that the Elefant and Jagd so that much damage. Feels authentic BUT considering Axis have other good support AT weapons around..

13 Nov 2014, 18:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Nov 2014, 18:52 PMNinjaWJ

Well i like that the Elefant and Jagd so that much damage. Feels authentic BUT considering Axis have other good support AT weapons around..

2 Shotting a 120+ fuel tank at ranges of 80 or 70? (ele?)
Is not good for balance. and adds a lot of issues to the game.
13 Nov 2014, 19:13 PM

Axis players have been complaining bitterly about rocket planes, B4 artillery paired with recon and mark target. I'm going to give everyone the same advice that was given to me be axis players to deal with similar problems.

IF YOU DON'T BUILD ANTI AIR UNITS, PEOPLE WILL IDENTIFY THIS WEAKNESS AND USE AIR SUPERIORITY TO GAIN AN EDGE ON YOU. OSTWIND PANZERS ARE A REAL UNIT. PLEASE USE THEM.
13 Nov 2014, 19:29 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

Shooting down the plane doesn't end the effect.
13 Nov 2014, 19:34 PM

Personally I think the only nerf it could fairly receive is a time duration. Even if you cannot get shots off at the tank that is marked, the threat of loosing the heavy is enough to just keep the tank back for an extended period of time. Something that while it is not terribly noticeable in 1v1s is pretty devastating when its heavies vs heavies. Assuming everyone is a meta abusing player, simply marking a tank puts the axis team at a huge disadvantage
13 Nov 2014, 20:10 PM

I'd prefer it if mark target became a tank ability that fired a highly accurate + high penetration shot, then it still would be useful targeting heavies and great use while flanking to make sure you get a hit in. Also it wouldn't provide any bonuses to team mates.

I'm just wishful thinking though as we haven't seen commander abilities or commanders see any kind of serious change in how they work.
13 Nov 2014, 20:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Nov 2014, 17:14 PMRomeo
This ability seems too strong to me. You get a massive damage boost against targets the axis relies very heavily on and it synergizes way too well with the P-47 and B4. Using this ability it seems way too easy to just coordinate a few button clicks amongst your team and take out a KT or Jagdtiger.

I suggest changing it from a received damage boost to armor reduction. I'd also shorten the duration or at least make it end when the plane gets shot down.

I can't believe this isn't a troll.
Nerf the nerfed Mark Target please.

Please Romeo, please tell me you're trolling hard.
13 Nov 2014, 20:45 PM
Patrion 15

When Relic decides to balance the game then we can talk about nerfing Allies abilities.Relic won't do it there so there is no need to nerf anything yet since the only few abilities that Axis players claim as OP are absolutely needed for now.

13 Nov 2014, 21:26 PM

LMAOOOOOO, are you KIDDING ME? NERF the ONLY chance Soviets have against heavy armor? Not only that, but this ability is doctrine dependent and relies on COMBINED arms to be effective! Relic already nerfed Soviets to the ground now lets dig more, nerf marked target, lets nerf button again too, lets nerf B4. The only faction left standing will be USA, OKW and OST. This is ridiculous rant against an ability that has already been tweaked. Oh lets not mention GOD MODE Blitzkrieg and smoke. SMH.
13 Nov 2014, 21:36 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

LMAOOOOOO, are you KIDDING ME? NERF the ONLY chance Soviets have against heavy armor? Not only that, but this ability is doctrine dependent and relies on COMBINED arms to be effective! Relic already nerfed Soviets to the ground now lets dig more, nerf marked target, lets nerf button again too, lets nerf B4. The only faction left standing will be USA, OKW and OST. This is ridiculous rant against an ability that has already been tweaked. Oh lets not mention GOD MODE Blitzkrieg and smoke. SMH.

My opening post is certainly not a rant. A rant would be characterized by hyperbole, overuse of caps, off-topic mentions of unrelated other problems in the game, and a total lack of useful suggestions.
13 Nov 2014, 21:39 PM

Right. I think armor reduction is a better choice as you said.
13 Nov 2014, 21:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Nov 2014, 21:36 PMRomeo

My opening post is certainly not a rant. A rant would be characterized by hyperbole, overuse of caps, off-topic mentions of unrelated other problems in the game, and a total lack of useful suggestions.

This was freaking hilarious.
13 Nov 2014, 22:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Nov 2014, 21:36 PMRomeo

I see what you did there.
13 Nov 2014, 22:13 PM

Why not make it increase accuracy by 200%? That should make any AT Weapon have 100% accuracy against any target.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS