Login

russian armor

Mark Target

PAGES (7)down
13 Nov 2014, 17:14 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

This ability seems too strong to me. You get a massive damage boost against targets the axis relies very heavily on and it synergizes way too well with the P-47 and B4. Using this ability it seems way too easy to just coordinate a few button clicks amongst your team and take out a KT or Jagdtiger.

I suggest changing it from a received damage boost to armor reduction. I'd also shorten the duration or at least make it end when the plane gets shot down.
13 Nov 2014, 17:19 PM

Agreed, Especially in 3's and up. Just make it end when the plane gets shot down. and lower its base duration.

If a tank uses blitz to avoid it, It should not be out of the fight for the next 60s because of fear of focus fire.

On a side note ever see a vet 3 B4 fire on a 100% JT with precise shot with FTML and Mark Target on it? the results are downright disgusting lol. In fact I think it may be able to 1 shot a vet JT with that.
13 Nov 2014, 17:20 PM

It's always OP, espically you can use it with 2xT34/85 or ISU + P47 + Jacksons. P47 chips away 50% hp of KT/JT and your T34 can completely go suicidal for a clean kill before it gets a shot out

it's just some allies fanfucks who think soviet dont have enough armor AT power already
13 Nov 2014, 17:22 PM

It already got nerfed before....

Mark Target only exists as a doctrinal ability (i think it is on 2-3 commanders?). It is also fairly expensive to use. It does not increase penetration so only the bonus damage goes through if a shot penetrates. It sorta is in the same boat as P47. It is a good ability, but necessary due to the USSR lacking heavy AT.

it's just some allies fanfucks who think soviet dont have enough armor AT power already

lol.....
13 Nov 2014, 17:25 PM

im with romeo on this. uping the damage is too much imo (besides it being nonesense). an increase in armor pen vs marked targets could be a solution
13 Nov 2014, 17:27 PM

In team games there are a lot abilities which are issues especially ones which are spammable. The situation you are describing requires coordination which a is little better then say the strafe runs which highly effective in team games. I understand mark target does bring a lot to the combined arms tactic but without this combined arms it is one few ways the Soviets to make Axis player think twice about their armour in 1v1.
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Nov 2014, 17:22 PMNinjaWJ
I don't necessarily think it should be nerfed, just that it should be changed such that no synergies exist that allow the most expensive units in the game to be killed in one shot.

Mark Target only exists as a doctrinal ability (i think it is on 2-3 commanders?).
Which makes it even more important to change. When overpowered abilities are gated behind a few commanders, those commanders are the only ones you ever see and the meta becomes very stale. Soviets need other ways to take out these units. Preferably ones that involve more than clicking one button.

It is also fairly expensive to use. It does not increase penetration so only the bonus damage goes through if a shot penetrates. It sorta is in the same boat as P47. It is a good ability, but necessary due to the USSR lacking heavy AT.
If soviets lack other options then that's a separate problem that should be addressed as well.

King Tiger and JadTiger should be invincible. This ability needs to be nerfed along with the B4. Anything to make the late game more difficult for Allied players and to further reduce the already small pool of Allied players needs to be acted on immediately.

13 Nov 2014, 17:28 PM

what do you mean its to strong? It was already nerfed and it only gives a 30% increase in damage to axis armor. I'm still waiting on the t34/85 is op thread at this point.
13 Nov 2014, 17:29 PM

Mark Target = reverse with full speed to the base so on well microed vehicles is useless.

And still Button + Mark Target + FAB50 + 2 ISUs shooting frontaly is not enough to kill JT.
13 Nov 2014, 17:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Nov 2014, 17:22 PMNinjaWJ

Mark Target only exists as a doctrinal ability (i think it is on 2-3 commanders?). It is also fairly expensive to use. It does not increase penetration so only the bonus damage goes through if a shot penetrates. It sorta is in the same boat as P47. It is a good ability, but necessary due to the USSR lacking heavy AT.

lol.....

I disagree I find that using M4C's are more advantageous these days then using mark target and 85's from Guards motor. USSR dose not lack heavy at the only tank it struggles to kill with the right setup is tiger ace.

Even then mines shuts down the ace hard. JT gets absolutely destroyed by Medium swarms and KT is too slow to keep its front to all your tanks if you force a favorable engagement.
13 Nov 2014, 17:30 PM
Honorary Member Badge

It's an ability for taking out high value armour targets

Something which the Axis have and the Soviets need some help at; often more than they need competing abilities like strafes and bomb strikes that instead damage point targets or areas

Checks what comes with it:

Guard Motor

Mechsupport

Partisans

Hmm, two of these are good docs anyway, though Mark Target is almost all Partisans have going for them late game

++++++++++++++++++++

Nerfing button was an indirect nerf to Mark Target because that was one way you could keep the enemy around to be shot at (and the two most used doctrines with it are Guards Doctrines)

Blitz will get you out of there, as will smoke

+++++++++++++++++++

Thematically I think Partisans have it better, it should be something that doctrines without heavy calls have to use with core units - though it could equally be said it should not be an alibi for not fixing core
13 Nov 2014, 17:32 PM

Permanently Banned
yea its too strong.

double isu's double shotted my KT once
13 Nov 2014, 17:32 PM

what do you mean its to strong? It was already nerfed and it only gives a 30% increase in damage to axis armor. I'm still waiting on the t34/85 is op thread at this point.

T34/85's are bad sadly M4C's are superior =/
13 Nov 2014, 17:33 PM
Benefactor 115

it actually has two elements.

The first element is that received penetrated shots deal 1.35 damage, so most tanks deal 160 dmg. When mark vehicle is applied that shot will do 216 dmg.

The second element which is quite subtle is that the marked vehicle is given a threat rating of 1000 which means all vehicles in range will target it no matter what until the vehicle is dead or mark vehicle is over.
13 Nov 2014, 17:34 PM

Germans can lolbllitz and smoke there way out of everything, but mark target. OMG OP NERF NOW!!!
13 Nov 2014, 17:35 PM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Nov 2014, 17:14 PMRomeo
This ability seems too strong to me. You get a massive damage boost against targets the axis relies very heavily on and it synergizes way too well with the P-47 and B4. Using this ability it seems way too easy to just coordinate a few button clicks amongst your team and take out a KT or Jagdtiger.

Any Axis player who isn't asleep is going to move his KT or JT as soon as any plane comes on the map
13 Nov 2014, 17:36 PM

Germans can lolbllitz and smoke there way out of everything, but mark target. OMG OP NERF NOW!!!

Not every Wehr doctrine gets smoke, and as far as I know OKW doesn't get it on there tanks unless they drive a puma up and smoke it.
13 Nov 2014, 17:36 PM

yea its too strong.

double isu's double shotted my KT once

That's impossible, one ISU does 240 damage, so two ISUs does 480 damage + market targets = 960 damage and since two ISUs fired twice that's 1920........

HOLY SHIT!!!
13 Nov 2014, 17:37 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

allies fanfucks
No name calling or personal attacks please.

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Nov 2014, 17:27 PMNapalm
King Tiger and JadTiger should be invincible. This ability needs to be nerfed along with the B4. Anything to make the late game more difficult for Allied players and to further reduce the already small pool of Allied players needs to be acted on immediately.
There is no way to justify a nerf to the Jagdtiger if these abilities will remain the same. The Jagdtiger is undeniably overpowered. If mark target is questionable now, what will it be if the Jagd is nerfed? It should be tweaked such that it is viable but not required.

Again, on its own in 1v1 for example it isn't really that bad. In 2v2+ it's problematic. That's why I'd like to see it changed in a way that maintains its 1v1 potency but balances it out in team games.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS