Login

russian armor

About the B-4

PAGES (23)down
15 Nov 2014, 13:11 PM

You are seriously comparing the squad wipe chance from a mortar with the b4? Also soft counter, you guys are so funny. It is not that you can just drive down the street to the enemy base to kill it with grenades.

Yup. Every time I've played axis since the new patch, mortars have done far more damage to me than any B4, and they hit the field very early too.

I agree that soft counters aren't ideal, but you'll have to ask Relic why they have promoted having some hard counters being doctrinal only, when there is a possibility that the opposing player either A) doesn't have the commander at all, or B) they haven't got that commander in their loadout. This is not a problem suffered only by those who face B4 though. It's ever present on numerous other units, on both factions.

Coh 1 gave you the choice of 3 doctrines. If you selected a doctrine early and paid the price later, that was your own mistake. You can't say the same for coh 2.
15 Nov 2014, 15:09 PM

Nope, changing 3 vet to range is the worst way to go and will make it seriously OP, it is just bull-pudding. The following will happen:

B-4s gets moved further back. Right now you can not reach across the map on any map, with veterancy there will be several map, Semoisky to name one where the B-4 will simply stand in base and wipe any infantry that retreats to the germans HQ.
Now on team-maps B-4 has to stand out in the field because of its relativly short range, with a range buff at vet3 it will get placed either in spawn or just outside.

Sure damage won't be as high but it will be high enough to destroy any tank that pulls out after combat, because now you can't get outside of range because lol 3vet increased range.

And with it moved further back that just means stuka strikes becomes the only ability that can be considered a reasonable threat to it even in teamgames.

Instead I'd say change the direct fire ability to fire through obstacles, (now it is a waste of muni that misses 8 times out of 10.) maybe some damage buff for the direct strike and make that the 3vet bonus. Or you know, just change the current 3vet bonus from 50% to 25%.
15 Nov 2014, 15:30 PM

Buff the accuracy a bit.
Nerf the radius of the damage.
That would also nerf the muni-strike a bit.
15 Nov 2014, 16:12 PM

Buff the accuracy a bit.
Nerf the radius of the damage.
That would also nerf the muni-strike a bit.

Im just concerned that any buff to the regular accuracy might mean that the regular strike becomes to effective. Which of course removes the incentive to use the precision strike, removing munition cost.
15 Nov 2014, 17:08 PM

The B4 is probably the only unit in the game I would really call downright overpowered.

Sure, people do complain about ISU152s and Jagdtiger, but facing those I at least have a way of dealing with no matter my choice of doctrine and commander. With the B4, that is not the case, as without off-map artillery to counter it, it can practically sit close to the base wiping unit after unit or even the enemy's base.

The base OKW commanders don't even have an off-map artillery to try to counter it, and thus the only way for OKW players to deal with the B4 requires them to be so dominant in the game that they can advance close range artillery support like a Stuka zu Fuss far enough to engage it. Naturally, this won't be possible more often than not.

To the people writing stuff like "Don't blob":
1.: The B4s 60s reload allows the user to fire it at individual units, there is no need for blobs for it to be effective.
2.: It's not like infantry will be the B4s only or primary targets: The B4 will oneshot a King Tiger that is at around 60% health or at full health but marked.
3.: In team games, it's nowadays not uncommon to see 2 B4s, which will then oneshot everything no matter the type of unit and its condition.

Not that this is a new thing, but with how regularly the unit is used now and given that all counters are doctrinal and some factions dont't even come with doctrines that have these counters, I'd consider the B4 pretty much a near-gamebreaking issue at the moment.
15 Nov 2014, 17:36 PM

Can we have separate 3v3/4v4 balance discussion sub forum so all the "team games" complaints are not interfering with 1v1 balance?
I feel like a lot of the problems come from team games and they are obscuring or giving the inaccurate picture of 1v1 balance.

Is there is anyone who plays 1v1 and complains about B4?
15 Nov 2014, 18:01 PM

Only a total noob would spend 260 Fuel and 720 MPO on a KT just to have it stand in one location and make a sitting duck for B4, specially if there are some signs of a B4 being around. You can just A-Move the Konigstiger to his base really.

So that "It just one shotted my teammate's KT" argument is not valid.
15 Nov 2014, 18:23 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Is there is anyone who plays 1v1 and complains about B4?

Because no one* builds artillery on 1v1 because: as OH you don't float as much mp to make one and the LeFH sucks, and you don't usually play with just tiered tanks as soviets.
15 Nov 2014, 18:34 PM

I do.
Saw couple pro replays with good arty usage, B4 included and support infantry gun is almost always in my OKW army composition.
15 Nov 2014, 21:44 PM

Only a total noob would spend 260 Fuel and 720 MPO on a KT just to have it stand in one location and make a sitting duck for B4, specially if there are some signs of a B4 being around. You can just A-Move the Konigstiger to his base really.

So that "It just one shotted my teammate's KT" argument is not valid.

Sure, who needs to repair anyway...
And A-moving a KT towards the enemy base is probably the noobiest thing I read all day.
15 Nov 2014, 21:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Nov 2014, 21:44 PMGneckes

Sure, who needs to repair anyway...

Tip: Get out of sight and perform your repairs somewhere safe.
15 Nov 2014, 22:16 PM

Tip: Get out of sight and perform your repairs somewhere safe.

Recon Flight.
15 Nov 2014, 22:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Nov 2014, 22:16 PMGneckes

Recon Flight.

Anti-aircraft weapons.
15 Nov 2014, 22:41 PM

Not that hard to realize there is a huge thingy hovering over your head. Keep moving till it leaves, and then change location and keep repairing.

It's not like it would stay there permanently, It's not an UFO ffs haha.
15 Nov 2014, 23:07 PM

Recon Flight.

You can see what's coming. Move the tank even further behind your lines. Go to base if you must.
15 Nov 2014, 23:14 PM

Recon Flight.

Cool. If you see the plane in the sky start moving your tank around. Problem solved
15 Nov 2014, 23:39 PM

I love OKW players that know a B4 is on the field and even see a recon plane loitering directly above their tank, but keep on repairing heavy armor with multiple sturmpioneer squads.

I use B4's and how successful they are is 100% enemy dependent.
16 Nov 2014, 03:07 AM
Honorary Member Badge

It's gardening glorious isn't it?
16 Nov 2014, 04:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Nov 2014, 23:39 PMHambone
I love OKW players that know a B4 is on the field and even see a recon plane loitering directly above their tank, but keep on repairing heavy armor with multiple sturmpioneer squads.

I use B4's and how successful they are is 100% enemy dependent.

Pretty much this.

Its also sad that most newer playerd who play OKW mostly never touch soviets, so they have no idea what they can do.
16 Nov 2014, 07:41 AM

Someone explain to me how the B-4 is supposed to be overpowered when it has such horrible accuracy that the chance of even damaging the target is low, let alone scoring a direct hit? I don't understand how this 203mm RNG Tube is too strong, or how increasing the RNG will somehow fix it.
PAGES (23)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS