Login

russian armor

About the B-4

PAGES (23)down
16 Nov 2014, 18:55 PM

High risk high reward unit. It cost 600mp remember? Lost one or two of these and your screwed, if kept alive the enemy is screwed. Thats how it is, thats how it should be.
16 Nov 2014, 18:56 PM

Well, mostly B-4 are lost to combined arms pushes of infantry and medium armor.

There fixed it for you. The B-4 is not ONLY countered by Stuka strike, but it is the easiest way.

Doing a focused push will get you close enough so you can fire at the thing. Unlike ISU/Jagd it cannot retreat and it has much less HP and armour.
Furthermore I've lost a plurality of B-4s to flanks by tanks not to Stuka.

PS. About it oneshotting full health JTs at 3 vet. Ive seen that happen, not alot, like once or twice, don't know if there is some critical hit with hitting the rear armour or some random event, but I've seen it. And didn't use mark target. I hate it when people put mark target on units that I fire at. Because the only thing that is going to happen is that tank moving and my shot missing, mark target and precision strike down the drain.
16 Nov 2014, 19:08 PM

High risk high reward unit. It cost 600mp remember? Lost one or two of these and your screwed, if kept alive the enemy is screwed. Thats how it is, thats how it should be.

Yeah cuz the ability to 1 shot a JT that's worth 435 (compensated) fuel is balanced, yo
16 Nov 2014, 19:12 PM

Yeah cuz the ability to 1 shot a JT that's worth 435 (compensated) fuel is balanced, yo

That can easly doge the shot if you keep moving. Dont A-move your JT. Dont make it stand still if a B-4 is around.
16 Nov 2014, 19:13 PM

That can easly doge the shot if you keep moving. Dont A-move your JT. Dont make it stand still if a B-4 is around.

Again how is 1 shotting a unit of that value balanced, Not to mention your talking about dodging with the slowest tank in the game.
16 Nov 2014, 19:23 PM

Again how is 1 shotting a unit of that value balanced, Not to mention your talking about dodging with the slowest tank in the game.

Yes my 600mp slow turning and firing 203mm gun with ammo investment should be able to kill your super heavy that you decided to a move in a directon (and stops beacuse it decided to stay still focusing on a conscript squad or something) and leave it standing still. It has to hit to do damange.

Oh hay! Its not like the big sign that the enemy has KV-1 tanks should tell you that he has B-4s on the way, maybe you shouldent make the slowest tank in the game but instead make many of your faster ones? Like the Panther?

16 Nov 2014, 19:44 PM

usually everyone is like: oneshot wipes suck. but for some reasons its different with the b4 :D
just remove the retarded +dmg vet bonuses on all units (its only 3-4 afaik)
16 Nov 2014, 19:45 PM

Just biased russians. B4 is broken. It is a better Sturmtiger, but as i said before, you can put it into your base, reload faster, knock everything with 1 shot, cheaper and range that is total bullpudding, because you can build it in your base and shoot to the other side. I wish i could do that with my Sturmtiger. The range needs to be shortened, so that it has to be built outside the base and is counterable.
16 Nov 2014, 19:50 PM

Its sad for the russians that I need a doc arty gun to counter a non-doc super heavy.

But you know, biased Axis players can (bearly) handle that allies have some effective counters to some of there more problem causing units.
16 Nov 2014, 19:57 PM

Its sad for the russians that I need a doc arty gun to counter a non-doc super heavy.

But you know, biased Axis players can (bearly) handle that allies have some effective counters to some of there more problem causing units.

Again how is 1 shotting a super huge investment balanced?
Who said anything about nerfing the b4 not to be effective,
All that this is about is the b4 not 1 shotting a tank that is worth 400+ fuel.

At vet 0 b4 dose 640 damage, that is still a ton of damage with high splash.
16 Nov 2014, 20:05 PM

Its balanced beacuse it has to hit the KT in order for it to "1 shot".

16 Nov 2014, 20:16 PM

Counter attack comes without any heavy tank (let's laugh at KV1). This is your chance to push to get to B4.

And by the way, shoot with JT and move few meters. Shot and move, shot and move. Micro, micro and micro.. Feel the way USF feel with Jacksons.
16 Nov 2014, 20:32 PM
Donator 33

Original poster lost me when he made this thread, and trolls the Obers balance suggestions thread. Unless multiple balance issues are resolved simultaneously, I don't have any issue with this unit. case and point team games, OKW Flares (un-counterable) with a Stuka or railway arty, problem solved with German ingenuity.

This unit until vet 1 has the best propensity to miss its target unless it's built in an extremely aggressive forward position. This unit has much less effect when Axis players avoid the meta of blobs, I sense that many a meta blob has died to the precision strike, and thus the rage is strong with those who had to QQ GG surrender after a one click monster kill, and they deserved it.

When my current strat involves placing Demos on a blob path, with one on the retreat path and seeing success, I think another issue is more prominent here.
16 Nov 2014, 20:36 PM

Its balanced beacuse it has to hit the KT in order for it to "1 shot".

16 Nov 2014, 20:42 PM

I like to play allies best of all, but as Калашникова (thanks for making me copy/paste your name) says, you can't possibly justify the vet 3 damage output accompanied with one of those abilities.

It's too much.

I think a 30% increase to damage, or further scatter reduction is more than fair at vet 3.
16 Nov 2014, 20:43 PM

You can always call me AK
16 Nov 2014, 20:46 PM

You can always call me AK

How about honey buns?

16 Nov 2014, 20:55 PM

Conclusion guys? Nurf or buff?

Because you know, relic actually takes these rants and cryings seriously.

Remember what happened to OKW zeroing arty? Now it only throws 1 shel or 3 at max. Because they valued you and your feedback and turned it into sh!t.:lolol:
16 Nov 2014, 21:01 PM

Remember what happened to OKW zeroing arty? Now it only throws 1 shel or 3 at max. Because they valued you and your feedback and turned it into sh!t.:lolol:

Id say nerf the vet 3 ONLY. leave the unit alone. Maybe make FTML not work with it as well.
16 Nov 2014, 21:13 PM

imo vet 3 should be changed. make it more accurate (less scatter) which will reduce the need for munitions to use precision, but wont increase its dmg output. its a nerf dmg-wise and a buff accuracy-wise
PAGES (23)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS