Login

russian armor

Destruction of buildings

4 Nov 2014, 09:56 AM

I don't think it's right when 1 Obers grenede thrown at little damaged building (the church on semosky) with 2 Rfles squads inside makes it collapses and 2 full squads are dead. I dont have replay because I was so angry that I started new game just after that one and forgot to save.
It is just ridiculous. How the hell 1 grenade can make something like that??
4 Nov 2014, 10:33 AM

Well first off wooden buildings need re-looked at, they're extremely easy to collapse and I've even seen a few collapse on their own for no reason. It's really weird.

That aside, Obersoldaten Bundle Grenades are the strongest Grenade in the game, even without the extraordinary weakness of wood structures, caution must be taken.
4 Nov 2014, 10:56 AM

That happended to me yesterday. I lost two Volks in a wooden building to a shock troopers grenade. The house instantly collapsed. Thanks to Relic´s "improvements" of buildings.

It tought me again, never occupy a single building with two or even more squads.
4 Nov 2014, 15:57 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Assault/Infiltration grenades laught at your pity Ober grenade.
4 Nov 2014, 16:04 PM

Relic broke building again, maybe they survive more from ISU fires but it can be destroyed by nade spam or even god damn flak HT :snfBarton:
4 Nov 2014, 23:45 PM

Agree, started playing with the new patch today and the buildings collapse just too easy.
5 Nov 2014, 00:12 AM

Well I am not sure it is the new buildings, To the extent of my knowing buildings always have a very small chance to instantly collapse from grenades.

However whether this is the case or its the new buildings, it is still really silly to see a full health building collapse from one grenade
5 Nov 2014, 00:56 AM

Hey Austalian Magic!

Well, that building which was destroyed after my obers used a bundle grenade, was at about 25% or 30% health.

So putting in it a 2 full squads of Rifles wasn't a good idea:)
Besides that grenade was aimed at the doorway, so I think that place (in building) is still broken...

If u need, I still can provide a replay from that game.

Besides, that was funny to see that church going down with so many lives :megusta:

Anyway gg:)
5 Nov 2014, 08:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Nov 2014, 00:56 AMDarkon
Hey Austalian Magic!

Well, that building which was destroyed after my obers used a bundle grenade, was at about 25% or 30% health.

So putting in it a 2 full squads of Rifles wasn't a good idea:)
Besides that grenade was aimed at the doorway, so I think that place (in building) is still broken...

If u need, I still can provide a replay from that game.

Besides, that was funny to see that church going down with so many lives :megusta:

Anyway gg:)

That's the key... Counting was outside of the building... So how the hell it makes it collapses?

I dont think it was 30%, I think it was in better condition but maybe I'm mistaken.
I needed to deal with Kubel somehow :P
But when I saw Obers coming I wanted to leave the church. I was clicking like a crazy but they did not qiut... :gimpy:

On the other hand, yesterday, builiding (not wooden) survived pircing shot from ISU...
5 Nov 2014, 09:24 AM

Here is the changelog of buildings according to Patch October 29th 2014, if someone is interested in:

Ambient Buildings
Our goal is to improve the gameplay value of buildings and reduce the potential frustrations associated with their use. The first step towards achieving this goal is to increase the transparency of a building’s structural integrity. By doing so, players are better equipped to analyze the battle field and its potential assets. Future improvements will focus on gameplay and interaction. This might include improving the functionality of a weapon team within a garrison or providing the player with a better means of identifying each structure type.

Improvements

- Building “panels” now have a real health value, rather than rigid conditional destruction
- Buildings can now have independent tuning for their “panel health”
- Area of Effect weapons can now have independent tuning for how they damage panels over their AOE
- Buildings are now destroyed when 50% of their total panel health is reached, rather than 50% of total panels destroyed
- All team weapons which can be garrisoned within a building now share the same setup/re-position time of 4 seconds. This means a MG42 will take 4 seconds to switch windows and begin firing, as opposed to their old functionality which relied on their reload time. This creates more consistent behavior between team weapons and prevents some weapons from having delays as high as 6 or 7 seconds.

Panel Health

All ambient buildings are made up of a number of panels. Panels are meant to represent sections of walls, roofs, and floors and allow pieces of a building to be destroyed while leaving other pieces intact.
Previously, to destroy a panel you needed to meet one of two requirements:

- Deal X amount of damage to a panel in a single hit
- Deal X/2 damage twice to a panel

Additionally, panels could be immune to certain weapon types (ballistic, explosive, small arms, flame). As a rule, they were immune to small arms.
With this system, panels were either never damaged by certain weapons (Flak Halftrack, etc.) or always killed instantly by certain weapons (IS-2, etc.). Flimsy wooden structures being immune to 20mm weapons and castle-like structures being vaporized by mortars or other HE weapons did not fit within our design vision.

Now, panels have the following properties:

- Panels have a maximum health value
- Panels have a minimum damage value that must be exceeded before it takes damage
- When a panel is dealt damage, it reduces the total health of the panel like other objects in the game
- Panels can be immune to certain weapon types

We created three types of building profiles: very_weak, normal, and strong:

- Very_weak buildings have the lowest panel health and the lowest minimum damage required. They are also no longer immune to small arms weapons. Any building that appears weakly constructed is considered very_weak. A weakly constructed building might contain a thatched roof or poorly aligned wood panels.

- Normal buildings are immune to small arms, have higher panel health, and higher minimum damage required. Buildings that appear well constructed are considered normal. They will typically contain wood paneling and a proper roof structure.

- Strong buildings are immune to small arms, have higher panel health, and the same minimum damage as Normal buildings. Buildings made of bricks or concrete, big churches (but not wooden ones) are considered strong

In the future, we intend to provide a means of easily identifying the structure type in-game.

The end result is that buildings will survive longer over the course of multiple combat engagements and be less prone to unexpectedly collapsing. Additionally, the health indicator on buildings will now be more accurate; better identifying the risk associated to its garrison.
5 Nov 2014, 12:15 PM

The thing what i font get is whats the point in making 3 types of buildings if the normal and strong is basically the same?
5 Nov 2014, 23:55 PM

I check the replay from that game and it looks like, the church didn't collapsed from obers nade.
It was direct hit from light infantry gun, which was build by my teammate. It hits the church 1 sec later after bundle grenade exploded.
Thats all, no big deal - buildings are fine after patch.
6 Nov 2014, 00:25 AM
Patrion 15

Actually I've seen building collapsing from lost bullets that missed it's targets. I was fighting Pioneers with my Riflemen and a missed shot destroyed a house lol
6 Nov 2014, 10:39 AM

As an idea, useful for everyone, Relic can maybe add a timer to a building going to collapse. So like for grenade, it gives you 1 or 2 seconds to leave it.
6 Nov 2014, 10:47 AM

Happened to me too. A half health building (one of those wooden ones on semoskiy) collapsed with my vet 2 rifle squad inside. That's too unpredictable and should not happen.
6 Nov 2014, 20:01 PM

Anecdotal but back in the beta me and a mate did a 1v1 on Crossing in the Woods, my cons stood on the top fuel his guys came in form the direction of the top spawn point.

Anyway the stray bullets from his Volks hit the building behind the cons and made it collapse, that was a surprise. :P Apparently the building was so crappy that 10 rounds from a Kar98 made it collapse.

Don't know if stuff like this happens in live but maybe the shoddiest buildings needs an HP buff.

tl:dr Crap buildings are UP, Relic plox buff.
6 Nov 2014, 20:11 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

I personally love this change. I like that stray bullets will collapse wooden shacks nearby and I also like being able to take down a small house with grenades. I don't think it's really an imbalance at all either in anyone's favor just something people need to get used to.

But infiltration and assault grenades and bundled grenades shouldn't 1-shot buildings. Hopefully they can tone that down without affecting the rest of the system.
6 Nov 2014, 21:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Nov 2014, 20:11 PMRomeo
I personally love this change. I like that stray bullets will collapse wooden shacks nearby and I also like being able to take down a small house with grenades. I don't think it's really an imbalance at all either in anyone's favor just something people need to get used to.

But infiltration and assault grenades and bundled grenades shouldn't 1-shot buildings. Hopefully they can tone that down without affecting the rest of the system.

Buildings should only collapse to MG42s or .50Cal firing at it for a very long time. Silly to have anything collapse to a few 30 cal or equal European caliber rounds.

Grenades ok Small buildings maybe. Grenades really just look like a Shotgun went off IRL not like Hollywood where they level a whole side of a house. Maybe the Nuclear Grenades they messed with before they knew what Radiation did....
6 Nov 2014, 22:16 PM

Grenades really just look like a Shotgun went off IRL not like Hollywood where they level a whole side of a house. Maybe the Nuclear Grenades they messed with before they knew what Radiation did....

Or CoH2 where one nade in a 5 story building has the chance to kill everyone on all floors. :snfCHVGame:
7 Nov 2014, 00:54 AM
Patrion 28

i'm not sure it does actually. if they did it the same way as DoW2 you can have a building be too tall for a grenade.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 10
United States 4
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak