Login

russian armor

Relic will be previewing observer mode

PAGES (8)down
9 Oct 2014, 19:32 PM

My bet: Observer mode like in Smite, everyone who wants(and can find a game via playing friend) can join with 3 minute delay.
I believe League and DOTA2 have something like a 2 minute delay so it is okay

Problem with that is MG's, Mortars, AT Guns, and especially mines and bunkers don't just sit around for 1-2 minutes. If an observer sees a mine being planted, he can tell the other player where this mine is.

I don't think real time is fair. First, there is bound to be a delay because of lag. Secondly, even though you are only spectating one side, you can have people "spot" for you which is still cheating.

How is it any worse than people giving advise to streamers or having 2 people at a computer (one playing, one watching/"spotting"). Sure, it's an advantage, but so is having naturally faster reaction times.
9 Oct 2014, 19:43 PM

I don't think real time is fair. First, there is bound to be a delay because of lag. Secondly, even though you are only spectating one side, you can have people "spot" for you which is still cheating.

You will need the delay to prevent cheating.

Well, how about a 30 second delay if you are watching one side? Then no one can help you detect flanks, idle units etc. It's not much different watching a stream on Hitbox with just a few tiny seconds delay where you already see everything he is seeing. People seem to be excessively afraid of it being abused.

Anyway, there's just a few minutes until we'll probably find out about the custom game observer mode...
9 Oct 2014, 20:32 PM
Benefactor 115

Well, how about a 30 second delay if you are watching one side? Then no one can help you detect flanks, idle units etc. It's not much different watching a stream on Hitbox with just a few tiny seconds delay where you already see everything he is seeing. People seem to be excessively afraid of it being abused.

Anyway, there's just a few minutes until we'll probably find out about the custom game observer mode...

Like I said, your source is bogus.
9 Oct 2014, 20:45 PM
Senior Editor Badge

anyone have all details about OBS mode?

thanks
9 Oct 2014, 20:46 PM
Patrion 15

The people who helped creating this:

Why is Relic giving bans to everyone who doesn't say how fabulous they are?
9 Oct 2014, 20:47 PM

I dont feel the hype. Dunno why..
9 Oct 2014, 20:49 PM

I can feel the hype. Starting to miss CoH2 a bit.
9 Oct 2014, 20:50 PM
Benefactor 115

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Oct 2014, 20:45 PMnigo
anyone have all details about OBS mode?

thanks

not sure what I'm allowed to say

The people who helped creating this:

Why is Relic giving bans to everyone who doesn't say how fabulous they are?

I got banned

9 Oct 2014, 20:51 PM

Permanently Banned
eh. the banns were off the charts.
9 Oct 2014, 20:56 PM
9 Oct 2014, 20:58 PM

It's relics new MO. I got banned in the last stream for asking what relic thought of the current state of team games.

It's ok to ask personal questions to females though (which I saw again in the chat), just don't question Relic,
9 Oct 2014, 21:00 PM
Benefactor 115

It's relics new MO. I got banned in the last stream for asking what relic thought of the current state of team games.

It's ok to ask personal questions to females though (which I saw again in the chat), just don't question Relic,

apparently misogyny is a-ok (the case in point: "Venjitron: don't show a woman how to computer game....they have too much house work to be getting on with"), making a joke about dane goofing up is not though.
9 Oct 2014, 21:02 PM
Donator 11

I can feel the hype. Starting to miss CoH2 a bit.

:loco:

As I said some months ago:

"It is more important to fix bugs of the game than release an Observer mode" :faint:
9 Oct 2014, 21:03 PM
Benefactor 115

only thing I'd like to see is all 4 players units banners
9 Oct 2014, 21:08 PM

So, anyone else but me that thinks 8 minute delay is excessive? It should be not more than 3 minutes. I have a hard time to see how it would help anyone 180 seconds later when you try to get his attention and try to explain where he could have planted a mine somewhere on the map.

I just want it to feel as "live" as possible. 8 minutes could as well be 15 minutes or even an hour or to the point where you can watch a replay instead. 8 minutes is a very long time in CoH2. Just compare it to watching someone streaming on Hitbox with just a few seconds delay where you actually can help a player by telling him what you see on the minimap that he might be missing. It wouldn't be any different compared to having a person sitting next to you when you play and helping you.

Other than the extreme delay in automatch games this observer mode have exceeded all my expectations. You can even minimize the hud size so you can watch larger team games. Well done Relic!
9 Oct 2014, 21:11 PM

Meh it's all moot anyway Ludd. You need a game worthy of casting first and foremost. In this regard, Relic is failing badly.
9 Oct 2014, 21:17 PM

Permanently Banned
no re-wind...
9 Oct 2014, 21:17 PM

How is it any worse than people giving advise to streamers or having 2 people at a computer (one playing, one watching/"spotting"). Sure, it's an advantage, but so is having naturally faster reaction times.

There is a delay on twitch as well. Twitch can do whatever it wants since it is not being owned by Relic. However, this observer mode is made by Relic, therefore it is in Relic's best interests to prevent cheating by adding a delay.

two minutes is fine. Yes it will get abused if the delay is short or non-existent

9 Oct 2014, 21:21 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

IMO it is better to err on the safe side, with regards to the delay. Mines can persist on the battelfied for quite some time, and we wouldn't want this new feature mired in a bunch of cheat worries since anybody will be able to obs any automatch game. For custom games, players can set no delay at all if they so choose.
9 Oct 2014, 21:22 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

not sure what I'm allowed to say

I got banned

Me too;) But I know my sin : I posted MVDane :rolleyes:
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Korea, Republic Of 5
unknown 4

Ladders Top 10