Login

russian armor

Relic will be previewing observer mode

PAGES (8)down
9 Oct 2014, 22:41 PM

The fuck guys, I am also very critical, but this is just plain crazy.
They just showed a major improvement to both automatch and competition.
Be happy, write down your doubts but dont act like total dicks.

This is a good thing, lets remember that.

Yeah, observer mode is a good thing. "WHY DID YOU NOT ALSO DO OTHER THINGS WE WANTED" is not an appropriate response. We ought to complain about other problems elsewhere, and focus on enjoying observer mode in this thread.
9 Oct 2014, 22:46 PM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

And about the chat, why would it be bad to chat with other players you are not in sync with? Why not just enable an option to toggle on and off the chat? Just some thoughts... I would hate to miss any advice just because I can't watch the chat since I was not in their observer party.

Don't quote me on that but I believe observer party works in conjuction with Steam chat groups, so basically you would create a Steam chat group that the game will recognize and put in sync. I have no idea if technically it would be possible for Relic to put in communication all the viewers of a game sorry :)
9 Oct 2014, 22:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Oct 2014, 22:33 PMRomeo
It would be awesome if you could have observer mode in real time with no delay in automatch from just one player's perspective. Then it would have the fog of war and there could be no collusion. Of course the player would want to password-protect this access so his opponent's friends cannot see etc. So maybe a streamer can share password with his viewers if they want to watch live.

But maybe there will still be some risk with this, just like stream sniping.

I would totally support such a feature.
9 Oct 2014, 22:55 PM
Patrion 27

My major point is, if Relic wonders why their community trolls them so hard in their stream chats it's because we feel like we are being trolled by Relic.

The majority of players were asking questions about bugs and balance in chat because those are their major concerns. I have a feeling if someone made a poll here where we listed what we want to see done for COH2 in order of importance observer mode would be significantly below observer mode. just check the forums.
9 Oct 2014, 23:22 PM

Cool.
9 Oct 2014, 23:34 PM
Benefactor 115

To add insult to injury we have Cynthia saying things like "this is what players want" and putting on a facade of understanding the community that Relic isn't interacting with when she displayed a distinct lack of knowledge of the game mechanics themselves. She even said "someone is requesting a rewind demonstration" to which Peter Q had to bite the bullet and say "uuuuuuh... we don't have that."

Relic is unprofessional, patronizing, inept and glib. I used to be one of the chat users who would vigorously defend them during streams when decent changes were being made but I am at my wits end to demonstrate any faith in them what-so-ever at this point.

I can't defend some of the issues that are going on with the game right now, however; I will defend Cynthia and Peter. Cynthia is new to her position. Give her a bit to get up to speed.

I think Cynthia, and Peter are in a tough position on these casts, they are the messengers; they are given the task of "advertise/show off/promote item X". Just because they aren't talking about bug's & balance doesn't necessarily mean they don't care or understand. It may be an instance where that isn't their task.

And for the record - The players did ask for observation mode, "We" screamed for it.
9 Oct 2014, 23:44 PM
Benefactor 115

people complaining in the chat (and here, for that matter) really gets annoying...tonight it was about OBS mode, a very important feature that most of the fans wanted (http://www.coh2.org/news/18115/10-reasons-why-we-need-observer-mode-now), despite what you might or might not say, enjoy that for a moment, christ, they made it clear they weren't going to cover any other topic.

It's pretty clear that Relic is not working hard on the bugs/balancing right now but of course they are aware of them, you don't have to scream and insult them to let them know, and I'm sure they have a clear schedule that will focus them down before the big tournaments start, it's just not a priority in this very moment.
9 Oct 2014, 23:47 PM

What about Rogers 'n Pounder? They have been around for ages yet I never saw them in alpha...

Because....

10 Oct 2014, 02:48 AM
Donator 11

My major point is, if Relic wonders why their community trolls them so hard in their stream chats it's because we feel like we are being trolled by Relic.

The majority of players were asking questions about bugs and balance in chat because those are their major concerns. I have a feeling if someone made a poll here where we listed what we want to see done for COH2 in order of importance observer mode would be significantly below observer mode. just check the forums.

BURN HER!!! HOW DARE SHE MAKE A MISSTAKE!!!

This community is disgusting... "Relic trolling us so we troll them" rofl.. you guys should just shut the fuck up in relics stream chat, with all the trolling, announcements of quitting the game etc... You should be happy they even do streams for a one-time-purchase game and given the low viewer numbers you should be even more happy they continue to do it. Don't like the stream? Then don't watch it. Don't like the game? Then stop playing and do something else and stop sabotaging for relic and the people who still enjoy the game. Want to give feedback on the game? Trolling Relics stream chat is not the way to do it. If this was EA they would have cut support in december 2013 and Ardennes Assault would be named Company of Heroes 3, with massive amounts of unlocks ofcourse and you all would have loved it probably.

Edit: Oh and don't even try to say observer mode wasn't #1 priority for the community for the longest time... but now when it's almost here fuck that and fuck relic right? They don't listen lets go trolltroll their stream huehuehue.

10 Oct 2014, 03:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Oct 2014, 02:48 AMspajn

BURN HER!!! HOW DARE SHE MAKE A MISSTAKE!!!

This community is disgusting... "Relic trolling us so we troll them" rofl.. you guys should just shut the fuck up in relics stream chat, with all the trolling, announcements of quitting the game etc... You should be happy they even do streams for a one-time-purchase game and given the low viewer numbers you should be even more happy they continue to do it. Don't like the stream? Then don't watch it. Don't like the game? Then stop playing and do something else and stop sabotaging for relic and the people who still enjoy the game. Want to give feedback on the game? Trolling Relics stream chat is not the way to do it. If this was EA they would have cut support in december 2013 and Ardennes Assault would be named Company of Heroes 3, with massive amounts of unlocks ofcourse and you all would have loved it probably.

Edit: Oh and don't even try to say observer mode wasn't #1 priority for the community for the longest time... but now when it's almost here fuck that and fuck relic right? They don't listen lets go trolltroll their stream huehuehue.

I would have put in a more diplomatic way but in the end I agree with you. I like being critical towards Relic and CoH2 however the constant Relic bashing in this community is getting really annoying. If they want to punish Relic for doing a bad job leaving the game and stopping to support Relic and their products is the way to go and not hurting the game and the community for others by trolling Relic.

10 Oct 2014, 04:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Oct 2014, 03:59 AMGiaA

I would have put in a more diplomatic way but in the end I agree with you. I like being critical towards Relic and CoH2 however the constant Relic bashing in this community is getting really annoying. If they want to punish Relic for doing a bad job leaving the game and stopping to support Relic and their products is the way to go and not hurting the game and the community for others by trolling Relic.

Boycotting the game wont work.....not here, we're merely a small fraction of the whole community. 1/10 really(including those who are registered here but say nothing or are neutral to both parties involved).

There is only one way to send a message to Relic, joining together in harmonious complaining of the BS we encounter on a daily basis(since we're viewed by outsiders from time to time) :megusta:

Funny how boycotting the game might not even be necessary if you look at this:
http://steamcharts.com/app/231430#3m
10 Oct 2014, 04:22 AM
Donator 22

So...any timetable for when this might be rolled out?
10 Oct 2014, 04:29 AM

i want to see the biggest abuser match. double kubels, triple soviet snipers, isus, absolutely NO combined arms

lol
Vaz
10 Oct 2014, 05:21 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Oct 2014, 04:18 AMVonIvan

Boycotting the game wont work.....not here, we're merely a small fraction of the whole community. 1/10 really(including those who are registered here but say nothing or are neutral to both parties involved).

There is only one way to send a message to Relic, joining together in harmonious complaining of the BS we encounter on a daily basis(since we're viewed by outsiders from time to time) :megusta:

Thanks for the link, I thought that information wasn't available to us. Step it up Relic, losing too many people to this poor balance.
10 Oct 2014, 05:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Oct 2014, 04:18 AMVonIvan

I like how the steamcharts are accurate indicator of when patch hits :lolol:
10 Oct 2014, 05:30 AM

From what I saw this morning from very laggy twitch stream, it was exciting!

I didn't yet watch stream to the end.. Was there mention of any timeline?
10 Oct 2014, 05:34 AM

First off, keep the topic and discussion relevant to the title of the topic - the observer mode. There are plenty of other threads where you can kindly discuss on the number of bugs or balance issues prevalent in team games and whatnot. This is not the place to bash Relic for unrelated things.

Second, observer mode has been one of the most requested features for CoH2 for a very long time. It's something that's been sorely lacking for a RTS that "aspires" to be eSports. There is no denying that Relic received a lot of flak for shipping CoH2 for what amounts to be the same, feature-wise, as CoH1, but dressed up pretty. The current replay and cast system is so laughably archaic and cumbersome. Live spectatorship is critical in generating hype and excitement, and in this day and age of Dota2, SC2, and LoL, pretty much required for sponsors to chip in. Live obs mode has been requested time and time again, and this time Relic delivered on it. The fact that Relic has released this for the general public means they are in the very last stages of the build and is almost ready for release, with some bugsquashing and polishing left to go. This is very good news, and one of the best streams Relic has done - for its subject matter, at least. We should be cautiously optimistic heading forward, and it presents opportunities for future tournaments and the ESL for more viewership.

Third, although the interface is quite clunky and functionality does not seem to be very elegant, it is at least basically functional. I will disagree with the design decisions (as with lots of GUI issues within CoH2), but at least all the important bits are there. Hopefully, sometime in the future within their 5-year plan they will optimize and streamline the interface so that it will look as pretty as SC2. Relic employees, take note:

Currently it is way too cluttered, too busy. It's also lacking shared FoW, multiple players' units. Maybe other goody stats with a push of a button - APM, sector counts, and so on. For the overlays, god forbid that it'll be used for 4v4s! There's still too much blank space, or just unnecessary detail which aren't really needed.

Everyone should at least be happy that Relic finally delivered something somewhat closely resembling what they wanted. Just give it time, it'll be soon™.
10 Oct 2014, 05:51 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Oct 2014, 05:34 AMtengen
For the overlays, god forbid that it'll be used for 4v4s! There's still too much blank space, or just unnecessary detail which aren't really needed.

Everyone should at least be happy that Relic finally delivered something somewhat closely resembling what they wanted. Just give it time, it'll be soon™.

This was actually the first thing I thought about until I realized that you could actually minimize the hud size.
10 Oct 2014, 06:25 AM
Patrion 14

Second, observer mode has been one of the most requested features for CoH2 for a very long time. It's something that's been sorely lacking for a RTS that "aspires" to be eSports. There is no denying that Relic received a lot of flak for shipping CoH2 for what amounts to be the same, feature-wise, as CoH1, but dressed up pretty. The current replay and cast system is so laughably archaic and cumbersome. Live spectatorship is critical in generating hype and excitement, and in this day and age of Dota2, SC2, and LoL, pretty much required for sponsors to chip in. Live obs mode has been requested time and time again, and this time Relic delivered on it. The fact that Relic has released this for the general public means they are in the very last stages of the build and is almost ready for release, with some bugsquashing and polishing left to go. This is very good news, and one of the best streams Relic has done - for its subject matter, at least. We should be cautiously optimistic heading forward, and it presents opportunities for future tournaments and the ESL for more viewership.

Agreed. The CoH1 replay system was really cool but today it´s antiquated. An up-to-date and improved replay system was one of the things promised but never implemented. Sure they changed some things and more informations are available now but as a caster i really don´t care about things like the total damage done by a player because it says nothing about the game. I´d like to see a replay system like the up coming observer mode. Also such stuff would be nice to see in CoH1 but i doubt this will ever happen (and there are more important things to do). Still, it would be very cool.

Third, although the interface is quite clunky and functionality does not seem to be very elegant, it is at least basically functional. I will disagree with the design decisions (as with lots of GUI issues within CoH2), but at least all the important bits are there. Hopefully, sometime in the future within their 5-year plan they will optimize and streamline the interface so that it will look as pretty as SC2. Relic employees, take note:

Currently it is way too cluttered, too busy. It's also lacking shared FoW, multiple players' units. Maybe other goody stats with a push of a button - APM, sector counts, and so on. For the overlays, god forbid that it'll be used for 4v4s! There's still too much blank space, or just unnecessary detail which aren't really needed.

Again, agreed. To be honest the presentation was a surprise. I was expecting much less. I matters of functional it´s really good but i miss about the same stuff you do (multiple players' units in the first place). And i also think the interface is not looking that well designed. Well they called it an alpha so maybe there will be some improvement until release.
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS