Login

russian armor

Will they ever fix the kubel?

• This thread is locked
PAGES (6)down
12 Oct 2014, 15:12 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Or maybe reducing the supression values when it's not deployed, so after 1s in supression mode followed by some burst while moving doesn't supress your units.
AND/Or increase the time before "real" supression kicks in so it works like any other MG which needs to deploy first.
12 Oct 2014, 15:13 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Kettenkrad - Panzerelite

Motorrad - Wehrmacht ;)

Thanks :) ( Relic never got as far as mastering Motorrad in their English version of the game - no change there then! :) )
12 Oct 2014, 15:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Oct 2014, 15:09 PMJaigen
Have you ever considered that you are just a bad player. what works against the maxim works against the kubel play defensively and stay in buildings till the m20 arrives.

Omg, I nevr thoughteded of dat! Imma go hide in all da buildinz in Minsk Pockeyt and game will go SUPR GUD.

OH WAIT.

Have you considered that maybe your advice is trash?
12 Oct 2014, 15:20 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Let's drop the temperature a few degrees, please.
12 Oct 2014, 15:21 PM

Have you ever considered that you are just a bad player. what works against the maxim works against the kubel play defensively and stay in buildings till the m20 arrives.

And what if there is no buildings? What if your opponent decides to truck push and destroy the buildings?

I'm sorry but versus a well microed kubel there is simply no counter . You will simply get rushed, cutoff and have no resuorces. Then you might get the m20 out, and kill the kubel.

Good luck fighting againts a faction that has a massive late game advantage with an early game disadvantage.

And it is not only me that thinks that the kubel is broken, pretty much every single top player agrees that the kubel is broken.

12 Oct 2014, 15:21 PM

Or maybe reducing the supression values when it's not deployed, so after 1s in supression mode followed by some burst while moving doesn't supress your units.
AND/Or increase the time before "real" supression kicks in so it works like any other MG which needs to deploy first.

But every unit has a suppression value. If you've been pinned by an MG for example, the mg retreats for whatever reason, and another inf squad keeps firing on the pinned squad, it will stay suppressed for a long time. As I understand it, there is a suppression meter, that's not visible on the ui.

I think that's what's happening when you see the kubel suppressing on the move.
12 Oct 2014, 15:27 PM

Staying in buildings won't help. A Kübelwagen never comes alone. This is not an advertisement, but Jaigen, just watch my latest replay. It was so damn difficult to push off this base pin (typical Semois-pin + Kübel =...). Only my ISU and the fact that the Germans didn't have an Elefant or JT helped me.
12 Oct 2014, 15:39 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Staying in buildings won't help. A Kübelwagen never comes alone. This is not an advertisement, but Jaigen, just watch my latest replay. It was so damn difficult to push off this base pin (typical Semois-pin + Kübel =...). Only my ISU and the fact that the Germans didn't have an Elefant or JT helped me.

There is no harm at all in posting a link to your replay, since you are illustrating your point about Kubels. Any chance of a link please? :)
12 Oct 2014, 15:56 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

One post invised. No gangs please.

Zero tolerance from now on in this thread applies,otherwise I will apply the lock
12 Oct 2014, 15:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Oct 2014, 15:21 PMBurts

And what if there is no buildings? What if your opponent decides to truck push and destroy the buildings?

I'm sorry but versus a well microed kubel there is simply no counter . You will simply get rushed, cutoff and have no resuorces. Then you might get the m20 out, and kill the kubel.

Good luck fighting againts a faction that has a massive late game advantage with an early game disadvantage.

And it is not only me that thinks that the kubel is broken, pretty much every single top player agrees that the kubel is broken.

More likely those agree who play the game :P
12 Oct 2014, 16:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Oct 2014, 15:21 PMBurts

The only thing i agree with is truck pushing which is bs. and on some maps you are at a disadvantage. ask the ost players what they think about stallinggrad.
12 Oct 2014, 16:06 PM

Panzer Elite in vCoH had scout cars. They costed no fuel, although they came from the one tier building that didn't contribute to panther battlegroups.

These units did not suppress unless a 50 muni ability was purchased, and then the unit had to lockdown, becoming immobile, and only then would its gun potentially suppress. Locking down and going mobile took a few seconds, just like HMGs. But it also locked down the territory point, and could only deploy in friendly territory.

No one used it for this, because it sucked enormously in this capacity. It did, however, work against snipers a fair bit, but it was ultimately how the PE faction could OP territory. But mostly no one would go the auxiliary tier and spend munitions JUST to get the only non-doc unit that suppressed. (Until G43s finally caused true suppression.)

Now, for comparison, the kubel does not have to upgrade anything, doesn't have to become immobile, can suppress enemies without any setup or tear down, and can do so on the doorstep of enemy bases. Plus, I believe, it doesn't require any teching to field.

There's totally a happy medium here.
12 Oct 2014, 16:10 PM

Panzer Elite in vCoH had scout cars. They costed no fuel, although they came from the one tier building that didn't contribute to panther battlegroups.

These units did not suppress unless a 50 muni ability was purchased, and then the unit had to lockdown, becoming immobile, and only then would its gun potentially suppress. Locking down and going mobile took a few seconds, just like HMGs. But it also locked down the territory point, and could only deploy in friendly territory.

No one used it for this, because it sucked enormously in this capacity. It did, however, work against snipers a fair bit, but it was ultimately how the PE faction could OP territory. But mostly no one would go the auxiliary tier and spend munitions JUST to get the only non-doc unit that suppressed. (Until G43s finally caused true suppression.)

Now, for comparison, the kubel does not have to upgrade anything, doesn't have to become immobile, can suppress enemies without any setup or tear down, and can do so on the doorstep of enemy bases. Plus, I believe, it doesn't require any teching to field.

There's totally a happy medium here.

250 transports suppressed easily.
There was a strat involving 2 PGs and 2 250HTs rush specifically for the suppression.

But then again, they had a fuel cost.

With current range, there is not a single reason about why kubel shouldn't cost fuel as well.
12 Oct 2014, 16:31 PM

Aside from the fact that buildings are 1) extremely map-dependant, 2) a delaying tactic that makes you lose map control and 3) still clearable by grenades/Sturmpios (all for a unit that costs 240 mp), you have no business whatsoever questionning anyone's skill unless you show your own playercard.
12 Oct 2014, 16:37 PM
Patrion 15

The fact that you need to spend fuel to get a counter to Kubel which only costs 240MP it's just hilarious.

As USF Fighting positions work by throwing nades at kubel but if they rush you with Sturmpioneers you're done anyway. It only works in some maps as Semoisky so they don't wire the bridge.
12 Oct 2014, 16:41 PM

Aside from the fact that buildings are 1) extremely map-dependant, 2) a delaying tactic that makes you lose map control and 3) still clearable by grenades/Sturmpios (all for a unit that costs 240 mp), you have no business whatsoever questionning anyone's skill unless you show your own playercard.

Same thing i need to do when confronting maxims and i still win

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Oct 2014, 16:37 PMwillyto
The fact that you need to spend fuel to get a counter to Kubel which only costs 240MP it's just hilarious.

As USF Fighting positions work by throwing nades at kubel but if they rush you with Sturmpioneers you're done anyway. It only works in some maps as Semoisky so they don't wire the bridge.

Same thing again. some units you need to use fuel or ammo to deal with.
12 Oct 2014, 17:01 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Some interesting replies, which could fit well in the various strategy sections of this board - I commend them to you :)

But a lot of this discussion is now kilometres away from Balance, and so time to move on
PAGES (6)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS