russian armor

Will they ever fix the kubel?

• This thread is locked
PAGES (6)down
7 Oct 2014, 14:01 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Another outbreak of kubelitis? :S

Just a pleasant reminder that if anybody else feels inspired to start a new thread about kubelwagens, they should first look back through the last 2 weeks of threads, where they will find several kubel fruits to chew on. :)
7 Oct 2014, 14:03 PM

I just stopped playing. I'm waiting for eSport balance to arrive and whatever if it never does. I think it's time we all start thinking about (not necessarily doing but thinking) moving on.
7 Oct 2014, 14:35 PM

I still think the suppression makes the unit very strong. Before the buffs, I did not see the unit in significant numbers, and no one built more than one early game.

It is a very fast unit and it suppresses very fast. It can zoom to a choke point in the early game and lock it down.

Heck I would be okay with it if it had its September prenerf damage back if it did not supress
7 Oct 2014, 14:55 PM

I still think the suppression makes the unit very strong. Before the buffs, I did not see the unit in significant numbers, and no one built more than one early game.

It is a very fast unit and it suppresses very fast. It can zoom to a choke point in the early game and lock it down.

Heck I would be okay with it if it had its September prenerf damage back if it did not supress

Well, your playcard says you play only 4v4 soviets, how hard is to counter Kubel as Soviets? M3 rapes it (at least I am doing when i play Soviets vs OKW) .. Seriously, you are like on Balance Crusade in almost every topic, but without even trying to play Germans?
7 Oct 2014, 15:05 PM

'Rapes' is a bit of a stretch. It forces the the Soviet to go T1 which costs fuel and MP, than additional fuel and MP to get the scout car. The OKW has already won the economy war. The real fun begins when/if the OKW player goes for a flack AA/Puma/Luch. The Soviet player will more than likely have to go T2 which will further delay teching to armor.

A resounding OKW victory in the economy and teching progression front.

If it is going to continue to perform as it is, it needs to cost 5 fuel.
7 Oct 2014, 15:06 PM

Ive played Ost but I do not own WFA. In 4v4, the Kubel is very strong since those maps have very nasty chokepoints. With multiple OKW, kubels can lockdown most of the fuel and VPs. This is very difficult for the Allies who need to have a good early game in order to compete later on.

M3 is decent counter but you have to tech in order to get it while the Kubel can be spawned right away.

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Oct 2014, 15:05 PMNapalm
'Rapes' is a bit of a stretch. It forces the the Soviet to go T1 which costs fuel and MP, than additional fuel and MP to get the scout car. The OKW has already won the economy war. The real fun begins when/if the OKW player goes for a flack AA/Puma/Luch. The Soviet player will more than likely have to go T2 which will further delay teching to armor.

Good post Napalm, especially about the economical side of things. Going T1 means you are open to armor from OKW. Saving for T3 or T4 is pricey so as Soviets, you go T2 for the AT gun or Guards doctrines for the light AT. This makes your force very immobile because you'll be relying on infantry and AT guns to do your dirty work until the call-ins arrive
7 Oct 2014, 15:27 PM
Donator 11

This Issue is all ready in the Issue Tracker https://trello.com/b/n9Gdhc9f/coh2-issue-tracker

u can sign in and put your vote or any other bug or balance issue u have :) JOIN! :)
7 Oct 2014, 22:28 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I love how now the Unit is overpowered since birth :D Does nobody remember the time where it was a driving cart made out of cardbox?

Because we had a low health 35 range with HUGE pathfinding problems. You couldn't drag a proper conclusion when you didn't have control over the unit.

Once they fixed the pathfinding, only ONE change should had been done. Either HP increase, range or supression, not all of them.

AND i'm still surprises no ones talks about it's vet 1 ability which i'm gonna make a new thread now.
7 Oct 2014, 22:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Oct 2014, 15:05 PMNapalm

Yeah, Soviets can counter it but it's not like it's a significant investment for OKW. The thing costs no fuel at all, if you get any economical advantage out of it it hs already paid for itself.

Against US, it's just ridiculous. Unless the OKW player derps massively and lets you flank, you literally cannot do anything but sit in green cover/garrison until the M20 arrives. For a 240 MP investment, it's absurdly effective. And which faction happens to have the best garrison-clearing early game unit again? Yep...

Vaz
7 Oct 2014, 23:22 PM

The kubel was already fixed with the last patch. There are no problems now with it locking players in their base at the start of the match or suppressing on the move.
8 Oct 2014, 02:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Oct 2014, 23:22 PMVaz
The kubel was already fixed with the last patch. There are no problems now with it locking players in their base at the start of the match or suppressing on the move.

wait not sure if.... (hits report button)
8 Oct 2014, 05:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Oct 2014, 23:22 PMVaz

Of course there are no problems locking USF in base.

That part of overbuff wasn't reverted and it does it just as well as it did.
8 Oct 2014, 05:42 AM

i usually use rifle company to get a vet 1 rifle out for AT nades. But I don't think any of you would want to do that. Maybe try exploiting tank traps.
8 Oct 2014, 05:48 AM

That is no units able to hunt snipers that much like in COH1 because COH2 doesn't have target table.

You cannot drive a 221 into a sniper and it is dead in 2 seconds.
And sniper team making this problem worse.
8 Oct 2014, 05:58 AM

That is no units able to hunt snipers that much like in COH1 because COH2 doesn't have target table.

You cannot drive a 221 into a sniper and it is dead in 2 seconds.
And sniper team making this problem worse.

I actually liked the kubel for killing snipers when it had 0.5 burst fire/accuracy/whatever on the move last when it was buffed. It really was able to chase snipers and kill them. Now it has 0.1 on the move, and remains a suppressing monster machine. Id rather it have weak suppression, but be good at chasing units on the move (specifically snipers, i mean, cant there simply be a modifier just for killing snipers better with some units?) Its not like the kubel is needed later in the game for its suppression, if at all. Its rather redundant to bother arguing for kubel suppression. It doesnt scale, and simply overkills USF because USF doesnt start with anything to counter it (amazing design that had a year to be thought out).
8 Oct 2014, 10:04 AM

Nerf RE ability to suppress in early game because it's gamebreaking and forcing Axis to retreat.
Give OKW Kubel which suppress for free which push Allies to retreat or even lock them in base.

Balance!
9 Oct 2014, 06:13 AM

Nerf RE ability to suppress in early game because it's gamebreaking and forcing Axis to retreat.
Give OKW Kubel which suppress for free which push Allies to retreat or even lock them in base.

Balance!

Did Relic insult German players whining about volley?

I mean, I get the issue with the ability, but you'd think it'd come hand in hand with buffs for RES. The price disparity between them, combat engineers and pioneers doesn't bear out in terms of combat viability.
9 Oct 2014, 08:32 AM
Patrion 27

Why haven't the M3 and M5 been reverted to their old penetration values which were nerfed specifically to favor the Kubelwagon? Relic will change all kinds of things in the game then revert one of them back and pay zero attention to the other changes. GENIUSES
PAGES (6)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS