Login

russian armor

Will they ever fix the kubel?

• This thread is locked
PAGES (6)down
9 Oct 2014, 11:58 AM

Another outbreak of kubelitis? :S

Just a pleasant reminder that if anybody else feels inspired to start a new thread about kubelwagens, they should first look back through the last 2 weeks of threads, where they will find several kubel fruits to chew on. :)

I should make a thread just for people to brag about slapping around Kubels...
9 Oct 2014, 12:09 PM

honestly, i really never have a problem with them, esp going as usa since i have plenty of units early on to perform a proper flank. remember the arc is very narrow and for the most part can only suppress once its been stationary for 1-2 seconds.
9 Oct 2014, 12:19 PM

I only have a problem with them on maps that have bad choke points. Minsk pocket being the one that caused me to make this thread. Its one that I always veto now.
9 Oct 2014, 12:28 PM

While i sympathise with you. I have to say that minsk pocket is prob the easiest map to flank a kubel on so many pathing issues on that map for vehicles not too mention the number of trees on that map.
9 Oct 2014, 13:47 PM

The problem is once again relic not sticking to their design principles. All vehicles cost fuel, and this should be no exemption from that rule. It needs a fuel cost for how good it is, around 10 should suffice.

The kubel is defeatable - on SOME maps. Adding a fuel cost will not alleviate this problem since it is the very nature of the unit being a motorized suppression platform that causes the problem.

They can tweak the suppression and damage modifiers, but the main thing is that it NEEDS a fuel cost. Stick to the fundamental rules you put in place in this game. Does the unit have an engine? Yes? -> make it cost fuel.

9 Oct 2014, 13:51 PM

The problem is once again relic not sticking to their design principles. All vehicles cost fuel, and this should be no exemption from that rule. It needs a fuel cost for how good it is, around 10 should suffice.

The kubel is defeatable - on SOME maps. Adding a fuel cost will not alleviate this problem since it is the very nature of the unit being a motorized suppression platform that causes the problem.

They can tweak the suppression and damage modifiers, but the main thing is that it NEEDS a fuel cost. Stick to the fundamental rules you put in place in this game. Does the unit have an engine? Yes? -> make it cost fuel.

10 fuel sounds like a good idea. maybe the player might be more cautious with it
9 Oct 2014, 14:00 PM

Well I'd say 15 fuel but either way, fuel slows down OKW tech which gives the M20 longer to lay havoc on the Kubels
9 Oct 2014, 14:03 PM

Well I'd say 15 fuel but either way, fuel slows down OKW tech which gives the M20 longer to lay havoc on the Kubels

^^ this sounds fantastic
9 Oct 2014, 14:16 PM

Remember that OKW starts out with 15 or so more fuel than the other factions.

So the kubel being super early game should be as much or more than scout car.

Otherwise OKW can still pop out 3 and make sure you never get enough fuel for m20 anyway
9 Oct 2014, 14:38 PM

I don't understand why the kubel ever needed to suppress.
9 Oct 2014, 14:41 PM

It's role is a suppression unit.
9 Oct 2014, 14:43 PM

It would be interesting if they swapped Kubel and MG34, making Kubel 1CP call-in with same cost as now (no fuel).
9 Oct 2014, 14:52 PM

Every vehicle should have a fuel cost, end of story.

I think it'd be better if the gunner could shoot 360 degrees and maybe make the suppression an activated muni ability. Might make it more interesting for harassment purposes and be similar to the COH1 jeep with some more utility.
9 Oct 2014, 14:56 PM

Axis player logic

"Allies are OP early game make it equal make it equal!!"
"No don't nerf Axis late game it's designed to be OP!!!"

Every vehicle should have a fuel cost, end of story.

I think it'd be better if the gunner could shoot 360 degrees and maybe make the suppression an activated muni ability. Might make it more interesting for harassment purposes and be similar to the COH1 jeep with some more utility.

This gives me a painfully strong erection
9 Oct 2014, 14:59 PM

Permanently Banned
It would be interesting if they swapped Kubel and MG34, making Kubel 1CP call-in with same cost as now (no fuel).

I agree. Yet, it would feel like a "copy and paste" solution..
9 Oct 2014, 15:10 PM

I shudder at the notion of a T0 MG for the OKW way more than a balanced kubel. OKW would really be able to smoke up USF while simultaneously being horrible vulnerable to Soviet snipers

Kubel is also a sniper killer for Sov guys
9 Oct 2014, 15:11 PM

It's role is a suppression unit.

Alright, I'll clarify: I don't understand why the kubel ever needed to fill the role of a suppression unit.

The only units I can even think of in the CoH franchise that could suppress on the move is the... wirbelwind? Panzer Elite Scout Cars had to first get an upgrade and then use an immobilizing lockdown ability with a cooldown to get suppression. Bren carriers could suppress eventually, but they'd wipe a squad long before they'd pin a unit, iirc. BAR suppression is the only ability I can think of, but I am almost positive that they needed to be stationary for the ability to actively fire. Still, that required the fuel investment for BARs and then a muni ability.

A fuel-free scout unit with the ability to spray some bullets and soften up advancing forces for the cost of some repairs is an EXCELLENT role for an early game unit. In fact, it's been a unit archetype that's been strangely omitted from CoH2.

But since snipers are half uncounterable and half useless, there hasn't been a call for it.
9 Oct 2014, 15:18 PM

Maybe they can slow down the rate at which a unit gets suppressed? Right now it seems that as soon as you enter the cone, you get suppressed.
9 Oct 2014, 18:35 PM

Maybe they can slow down the rate at which a unit gets suppressed? Right now it seems that as soon as you enter the cone, you get suppressed.

If its not suppressing its worthless. And in my opinion every single mg should instantly suppress.
And to be honest the kubel is not really much of a problem.
9 Oct 2014, 18:59 PM

I've started to use T2 as soviets in 2v2, so i can get a early halftrack and penals. The 50 cal on the halftrack can destroy the kubelwagon in 2-3 bursts and penals imo are amazing.
PAGES (6)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS