Login

russian armor

Will they ever fix the kubel?

• This thread is locked
PAGES (6)down
9 Oct 2014, 19:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Oct 2014, 18:35 PMJaigen

If its not suppressing its worthless. And in my opinion every single mg should instantly suppress.
And to be honest the kubel is not really much of a problem.

Axis logic, lets give our MG's a huge buff with no regard for the fact that it'd be the Maxim that'd benefit the most.

Instant suppression only worked in COH1 because the US and Commonwealth Forces got comparable cheese in the form of abilities like Fire Up!

Well, that and that silly bug where if your told an MG crew to attack a target inside it's cone of fire it'd pack the MG up, face the enemy, unpack, and THEN start firing.

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Oct 2014, 11:10 AMJaigen

oh ffs acosn is here . well their goes the forums last shred of decency

Well the Relic Forums have brought in some folks who just censor comments they don't like and took hyper-sensitivity training so you can't say that COH2 has so many problems that you don't even know where to begin- in a thread where they specifically asked for feed back.

Since last I checked the game replays board is deader than dead, and Relic News ain't really my uh. thing, this was inevitable, really.
9 Oct 2014, 19:15 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Oct 2014, 11:10 AMJaigen

oh ffs acosn is here . well their goes the forums last shred of decency

If your comment had not been repeated,I would have invised this gratuitous piece of libel.

For the record, I have posted with Acosn for 3/4 years intermittently-I may not always agree with a few of his conclusions, but what he writes is generally well-considered - and polite.

9 Oct 2014, 19:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Oct 2014, 19:01 PMacosn

Axis logic, lets give our MG's a huge buff with no regard for the fact that it'd be the Maxim that'd benefit the most.

If your comment had not been repeated,I would have invised this gratuitous piece of libel.

For the record, I have posted with Acosn for 3/4 years intermittently-I may not always agree with a few of his conclusions, but what he writes is generally well-considered - and polite.

This is the problem. if you dont agree with him he instantly label you as a fanboy causing clusterfucks wherever he goes. And the sad things is that he does make good points from time to time.

And as i said before i have no issue with the maxim instantly suppressing. nor do i have an issue that the maxim can be a bitch to flank in the hands of a good player. what my issue is with the maxim is its 6 man team and thus durability.
9 Oct 2014, 20:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Oct 2014, 19:27 PMJaigen

This is the problem. if you dont agree with him he instantly label you as a fanboy causing clusterfucks wherever he goes. And the sad things is that he does make good points from time to time.

And as i said before i have no issue with the maxim instantly suppressing. nor do i have an issue that the maxim can be a bitch to flank in the hands of a good player. what my issue is with the maxim is its 6 man team and thus durability.

The 6 man crew gives it less durability than you might think. You don't turbo-gib it with sniper crews but that's about it. Ivan1 through Ivan6 are huddled together so things that are traditionally MG busters like mortars and grenades are every bit as effective.

And I've never used the term "fan boy." I think you just don't like me.
9 Oct 2014, 20:13 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post9 Oct 2014, 09:51 AMacosn

Relic's behavior demonstrates an overt interest in having more German players.

They move heaven and earth to nerf assault pioneers, but have enough time to hop into games and insult players before giving a lip service nerf to Kubelwagons.

Well take the overbuff they received out of the equation and just compare what they were before the patch to what they are now, and you will find they are much better. Assault engineers are pretty good, and I've seen many good players utilize their demo charges effectively.
9 Oct 2014, 22:18 PM

Well take the overbuff they received out of the equation and just compare what they were before the patch to what they are now, and you will find they are much better. Assault engineers are pretty good, and I've seen many good players utilize their demo charges effectively.

Oh, I've single handedly won games with demo charges because a German player over committed to obvious bait, but I don't think the ability should be in the game and I don't think that the ability in itself excuses the current state of ass engineers. I don't think there's an easier unit in the game except maybe RES to kill in a retreat.
11 Oct 2014, 02:46 AM

Hypothetical here, what if Kubel production was restricted till after the planting of your first truck? The majority of the problem I see with the Kugel is that unlike other MGs it can race to your opponents cutoffs and prevent them from capping/harass your capping in the first place. Furthermore it can come at as your first produced unit, and though it may lose vs many squads, it has a unique ability to solo any single squad and render them useless, forcing you to send over a unit to attack the kubel or retreat from it; either way the kubel has "won" the engagement and though it is one less capping unit for OKW, it can shut down any one of your capping units so it makes a capping loss due to one less infantry unit a moot point.

By far though the biggest single advantage of the kubel is it lets you, against
USF anyway, choose EXACTLY where you want to plant your first truck as it can secure an early game territory advantage if you want it and this ability to put your first truck where you want it means from then on you can dictate the flow of the battle, which given OKWs strong 8-14 minute mark abilities and available units, it just creates a snowball effect from hell. This is most apparent in team games lacking Soviet players and honestly 2v2 with double USF versus a competent kubel user is a death sentence in most senses of the word, with the only hope coming from luck or the veteran riflemen commander ability allowing for an early at riflenade. If the kubel was restricted to your first truck there would be at least a small window in which USF could maneuver and cap before the suppression machine arrives and OKW would have to choose whether they wanted fast truck for fast kubel or wait until they got a better position secured to place their truck. (If it were personally up to me I would suggest restricting it to requiring the med truck rather than just the first truck as this would slow the puma or overs if only slightly, plus it would make it far more of a strategic choice as the location of your med truck matters far more than the mechanized headquarters truck).

This is of course just a pipedream idea of mine, but personally I feel the majority of "imbalances" in this game stem solely from the arrival times of units and abilities being far too compressed in COH2 as opposed to COH 1 and I think the patch where they changed teching to increase the fighting time of infantry was a huge step in the right direction, but the arrival of OKW and USF kinda threw a wrench in the system that has yet to be fixed and rather than sledgehammer changes, the arrival times should be looked at first.
11 Oct 2014, 06:08 AM

Yeah, Soviets can counter it but it's not like it's a significant investment for OKW. The thing costs no fuel at all, if you get any economical advantage out of it it hs already paid for itself.

Against US, it's just ridiculous. Unless the OKW player derps massively and lets you flank, you literally cannot do anything but sit in green cover/garrison until the M20 arrives. For a 240 MP investment, it's absurdly effective. And which faction happens to have the best garrison-clearing early game unit again? Yep...

What OKW early game unit is he referring to?

Seriously I have real trouble clearing garrisoned buildings as OKW, especially soviet HMG garrisons.

Any tips would be much appreciated.
11 Oct 2014, 07:30 AM

Seriously I have real trouble clearing garrisoned buildings as OKW, especially soviet HMG garrisons.

stuka I think.
11 Oct 2014, 08:58 AM

Stuka isn't early unit and it costs 100 fuel
11 Oct 2014, 09:17 AM

Stuka isn't early unit and it costs 100 fuel

What do you consider "early"?
Because Stuka can hit the field by 8th minute.
11 Oct 2014, 18:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Oct 2014, 09:17 AMKatitof

What do you consider "early"?
Because Stuka can hit the field by 8th minute.

Shhh, we're dealing with German Math here.

Not that the Stuka is an excuse for not having something like a flamethrower early game. If an Allied player wants to building hump early game the OKW is in trouble, or at least severely annoyed.
11 Oct 2014, 18:33 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Oct 2014, 18:14 PMacosn

Shhh, we're dealing with German Math here.

Not that the Stuka is an excuse for not having something like a flamethrower early game. If an Allied player wants to building hump early game the OKW is in trouble, or at least severely annoyed.

"hump"? :S I'm confused,sorry!
11 Oct 2014, 20:27 PM

"hump"? :S I'm confused,sorry!

In
Out
In
Out

dodging all them nades
11 Oct 2014, 21:01 PM

Sturmpios, actually, thanks to their high DPS they don't need a grenade or ability to seriously fuck up anything inside of a building if they get up close. If it's an HMG, even easier, just circle around the building at regular intervals, they won,t be able to fire at you.

Albeit Volks grenades and, if you wanna take the risk, Stukas also work.
11 Oct 2014, 21:14 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Oct 2014, 20:27 PMKatitof

In
Out
In
Out

dodging all them nades

kk Thnx :)
11 Oct 2014, 21:29 PM

Yeah multiple garrisoned maxims are tough to deal with as early OKW, and it's been like that since alpha for me.

Sturmpios, actually, thanks to their high DPS they don't need a grenade or ability to seriously fuck up anything inside of a building if they get up close. If it's an HMG, even easier, just circle around the building at regular intervals, they won,t be able to fire at you.

Albeit Volks grenades and, if you wanna take the risk, Stukas also work.

With the lack of smoke for OKW it can be hard to find a safe approach. Both of the above can work, especially if used together, but it's not so easy when there are 3 or 4 maxims to fight. Pretty map-dependent though.

But anyway, any hints to possible kubel changes in the test build?
12 Oct 2014, 02:34 AM

Permanently Banned
All they would have to do is increase time to suppress to 4 seconds from 3 and perhaps buff Hp to 200-220.
12 Oct 2014, 11:09 AM

Isn't the problem that a Kübel, unlike any other mg team that is flanked, can drive backwards, and fullfil his role like nothing happened. A man based mg cant do that. You get flanked, your done. To me loosing that ability would require a longer set up time for the supression dude, thats about all to make this unit balanced in the early game. Easy math behind it, gets faster to a new spot. But takes longer to deploy. Same effectivness achieved.
12 Oct 2014, 11:33 AM

Isn't the problem that a Kübel, unlike any other mg team that is flanked, can drive backwards, and fullfil his role like nothing happened. A man based mg cant do that. You get flanked, your done. To me loosing that ability would require a longer set up time for the supression dude, thats about all to make this unit balanced in the early game. Easy math behind it, gets faster to a new spot. But takes longer to deploy. Same effectivness achieved.

If we do that it may as well just be a stationary MG34.

You know, like it should have been in the first place? Possibly in T1?

We had cars in CoH1. You will note that none of them could suppress infantry, and none of us wished that they could.
PAGES (6)down
3 users are browsing this thread: 3 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS