Login

russian armor

I don't get the NDA

3 Oct 2014, 15:51 PM

See, when I heard about WFA, I thought it was finally an admission of guilt and Relic was releasing effective clones of the American and Wehrmacht armies from vCoH. I figured they gave it a shot with the Eastern Front, but they were playing it safe and trying to recoup the community.

Then I saw lol Nazi Brits, rolled my eyes, and played Path of Exile for a month.
3 Oct 2014, 16:18 PM
Benefactor 115

A NDA has it place. What's the saying about tasting a soup when the cook is only part way thru the cooking process?

Alpha/beta/early project development/working the bugs out NDA = good
Close to release NDA = void of information = bad marketing
3 Oct 2014, 16:40 PM
Donator 11

Im sure some form of NDA is ok. I feel like they need to release more snippits of information. The PR of relic is unfortunately rather bad and I know they are a smell dev team but I feel like COH 2 needs all the hype it can get. I love the game but it needs new people in here
Vaz
3 Oct 2014, 17:05 PM

NDA has been distorted into an abomination over time. The good use of it is to gather feedback on design in progress. The point where the design can still radically change based on the feedback. The way Relic uses it is not a good way and likely hurts sales. They did trailers for Ardennes Assault, but it just lookes like a cinematic of the game and really doesn't highlight anything to get excited over.
3 Oct 2014, 18:12 PM

+1.

The NDA just frustrates me at this point. The fact that I can't talk about even the most minor things just kills enthusiasm and hype
5 Oct 2014, 21:12 PM

I somewhat understand it. I played the open beta of CoH2 after playing the first game and the beta destroyed me interest in it completely. I've heard lots of other people bailed on their pre-orders after playing the beta? Not sure how true that is, but it reflects my experience.
5 Oct 2014, 21:21 PM

I think The NDA serves two purposes

1. It allows for Relic to give exclusive press releases to gaming news sites and magazines, creating more publicity for the game that way by saving their content to get it out there to a broader audience(one not already associated with COH2)

2. It allows them to test and develop things at their own pace and later present these developements how they want them to be seen. It will remove criticism of some questionable decisions on unfinished ideas and designs

Still this doesn't necessarily make it a good policy it has its negatives as well and as far as im aware Noun didn't like the NDA either
5 Oct 2014, 21:34 PM

I somewhat understand it. I played the open beta of CoH2 after playing the first game and the beta destroyed me interest in it completely. I've heard lots of other people bailed on their pre-orders after playing the beta? Not sure how true that is, but it reflects my experience.

The beta was really bad though, it had worse balance than most third-party mods did.
5 Oct 2014, 21:42 PM

The beta was really bad though, it had worse balance than most third-party mods did.

1 P4 could take on 5 T34/76 and win.

PTRS had greater AT potential then T34/76 and T34/85.

Panther was Elephant with turret.

251 flame HT with damage potential of old KV-8, if you haven't got guards by the time it came out, you could quit.

Stock elephant, doctrinal ISU.

SU-76 being useful and used

Mad times.

But these were the first steps. At this time it makes little sense to keep EVERYTHING under NDA, unless they want to buttrape balance even more and crush our hopes at next balance patch.
5 Oct 2014, 21:56 PM

I know, but I think that experience spooked them.

edit

Spooked Relic into keeping everything secret, I mean.
6 Oct 2014, 07:09 AM
Patrion 27

I am less bothered by the secrecy related to Alpha and NDA and much more annoyed at Relic's secrecy about unit statistics, bulletins stacking and other assorted "features" (MG reload speed affects garrison window switching time etc...)

I used to defend them staunchly but at this point I honestly think they don't give a rat's ass about their community or their game.
6 Oct 2014, 07:41 AM
Patrion 14

I assume the NDA exists because of the fear that certain people might not praise the up coming DLC / Add On /new Commanders / whatever (which would be good) but talk about problems and issues instead (which would be bad).
6 Oct 2014, 07:51 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Mad times.

Don't forget-
The dirt-cheap T34s that made elefants, tigers, and just about every piece of vetted armor worthless because of 1000 penetration gun-destroying and immobilizing rams,
M3 flamers were the equal of any flamer halftrack right out the gate,
Snipers and guards rolling around in cars laughing at the 222 with its 0 damage machine-gun,
6 minute T70s and the paks that couldn't hit them (or anything else),
And worst of all, the soviet wire field of maximum annoyance on Pripyat Summer :P
6 Oct 2014, 13:06 PM

I would really, really appreciate if Relic could comment on this topic, at least consider lifting the NDA for balance patches.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 37
France 2
New Zealand 26

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak