Login

russian armor

why no sniper in us army ?

1 Oct 2014, 11:49 AM

..... Why OKW doesn't have a sniper? ....
See?

Though, maybe it would be a good idea instead of kubel wich is hated to the bone.

And thereby I present you the Light Jeager Infantry AKA 4 man sniper squad.
1 Oct 2014, 12:28 PM

DLC's commander of Heroes ..:nahnah:
1 Oct 2014, 12:43 PM

And thereby I present you the Light Jeager Infantry AKA 4 man sniper squad.

You have no idea what you are talking about. Or the guy who named Obersoldaten "snipers", or any sort of G43. German units have better accuracy at distance. G43 is a verry accurate distance rifle. But none of these aren't snipers. Exageration to prove your frustrations related to some OKW units won't do.
1 Oct 2014, 14:14 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

You have no idea what you are talking about. Or the guy who named Obersoldaten "snipers", or any sort of G43. German units have better accuracy at distance. G43 is a verry accurate distance rifle. But none of these aren't snipers. Exageration to prove your frustrations related to some OKW units won't do.

JLI
-Squad now equipped with one G43 sniper rifle; instantly kill entities at or below 75% health on hit
-Vet2 they cloak
-Vet4 they get +5 range.
-They have increase LOS

I guess they are sort of snipers :P

Obersoldaten:
LMG34 at far range kills a model every 4s.
Vaz
1 Oct 2014, 19:05 PM

Don't mind him, he trolls so much that he's on auto-troll. It's out of anyone's control at this point. Just laugh a little and move on.
1 Oct 2014, 19:20 PM

CoH1 flat out made shit up though, CoH2 not so much.

I know you really believe that, so bursting your bubble might cause psychological harm.
1 Oct 2014, 19:28 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Robust replies accepted.....don''t go deep down and dirty though. Just sayin' ;)
1 Oct 2014, 19:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Oct 2014, 19:20 PMAvNY
I know you really believe that, so bursting your bubble might cause psychological harm.

Independent snipers in the US Army?
Squads of high-ranking Officers with Assault Rifles?
Vampire Half-Tracks that siphon resources from the ground?
T17 Armoured Cars in the US Army?
US Army using Teller Mines?
Panzer Elite's secret Mega Mines?
The entire British Army design?

Hell the T17 is used twice as an American unit and a British unit, it has a different name and paint job (T17 for Americans and Staghound for Brits) and completely different stats.
1 Oct 2014, 20:31 PM

Independent snipers in the US Army?
Squads of high-ranking Officers with Assault Rifles?
Vampire Half-Tracks that siphon resources from the ground?
T17 Armoured Cars in the US Army?
US Army using Teller Mines?
Panzer Elite's secret Mega Mines?
The entire British Army design?

Hell the T17 is used twice as an American unit and a British unit, it has a different name and paint job (T17 for Americans and Staghound for Brits) and completely different stats.

I guess you missed my point.

My point being that COH2 is full of fantasy as well.

As to the T17 - 1500 were contracted to be built by the US Army but in midst of this contract they decided to standardize around the smaller m8. Some 250 had been built. That is more, I should point out, than the Ostwind (40), Elefant (65), 20mm Puma (200), 50mm Puma (100), or Sturmtiger (10). The brits called this model the Deerhound.

4000 of the T17E1 were used by the brits. This was the model called the Staghound.

As to the Brit army design... it was, in the style of the new powers-that-be i Relic, designed to be "different", just as the PE with their shared vet (and the ability to choose whether it was defensive or offensive) was designed to be different. And isn't the new OKW teching design similar? With the added bonus one of the trucks gets its own gun.

As was mentioned before, the US squads had designated marksmen within each squad or platoon. A scoped rifle was a part of the TO&E. And the many parts of the US had and have a long tradition of marksmanship so there wasn't a lack of good marksmen even if they didn't have trained snipers.

COH isn't and has never been a good model of WWII. That goes for COH2 as well as COH1.
1 Oct 2014, 20:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Oct 2014, 20:31 PMAvNY
I guess you missed my point.

My point being that COH2 is full of fantasy as well.

Maybe we're not on the same page. CoH2 isn't completely realistic, but CoH1 was far more outlandish. The depiction of various units etc may not be historically accurate but it's certainly grounded. On the other hand, 3 high ranking Officers with Knight's Crosses pinned to their chest and Assault Rifles in their hands are most definitely a fantasy unit with no grounding in reality.

As to the T17 - 1500 were contracted to be built by the US Army but in midst of this contract they decided to standardize around the smaller m8. Some 250 had been built. That is more, I should point out, than the Ostwind (40), Elefant (65), 20mm Puma (200), 50mm Puma (100), or Sturmtiger (10). The brits called this model the Deerhound.

4000 of the T17E1 were used by the brits. This was the model called the Staghound.

The Americans produced them, but they never used them. We prefered the M8, and the T17's were given to Britain and used by various Commonwealth forces.

As to the Brit army design... it was, in the style of the new powers-that-be i Relic, designed to be "different", just as the PE with their shared vet (and the ability to choose whether it was defensive or offensive) was designed to be different. And isn't the new OKW teching design similar? With the added bonus one of the trucks gets its own gun.

The British Army was an offensive force like the Americans, so their depiction as a very campy force with almost no offensive capability was very odd.

As was mentioned before, the US squads had designated marksmen within each squad or platoon. A scoped rifle was a part of the TO&E. And the many parts of the US had and have a long tradition of marksmanship so there wasn't a lack of good marksmen even if they didn't have trained snipers.

Exactly, a US Sniper would work more like low-health crit kill system with Pathfinders and JLI, and otherwise have very good accuracy. Maybe a snipe ability.

COH isn't and has never been a good model of WWII. That goes for COH2 as well as COH1.

True, but CoH2 is a bit more grounded than CoH1 was, for the most part.
1 Oct 2014, 21:08 PM

True, but CoH2 is a bit more grounded than CoH1 was, for the most part.

And yet, COH1 generally plays more like a WWII simulator, with lots of infantry combat, combined arms, flanking, less cheese and not every game devolves into swarms of supertanks rolling over everything. (Yeah, that sometimes happened with vet3 Wehr armor, but it wasn't a given and it didn't show up at the 20 minute mark).

If that wasn't the case, why are so many complaining about the gameplay in COH2?
1 Oct 2014, 21:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Oct 2014, 21:08 PMAvNY
And yet, COH1 generally plays more like a WWII simulator, with lots of infantry combat, combined arms, flanking, less cheese and not every game devolves into swarms of supertanks rolling over everything. (Yeah, that sometimes happened with vet3 Wehr armor, but it wasn't a given and it didn't show up at the 20 minute mark).

If that wasn't the case, why are so many complaining about the gameplay in COH2?

Only if it was US vs WM. PE vs British could be pallet swapped from Elves vs Trolls with how erratic and unusual their gameplay is.

That aside, I believe Soviet needs a rework, USF, needs heavy tweaking, OKW late-game needs tweaked, and heavy tanks across the board need tweaking.
1 Oct 2014, 22:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Oct 2014, 11:13 AMVaz
OKW has snipers, best kind too. Obersoldaten, they have automatic sniper rifles too, quite amazing.

rekt
1 Oct 2014, 22:47 PM

pathfinders dont have a chance to crit. they execute soldiers with less than 40 hp. Most useless concept of sniping ever as a soldier with 40 hp was about to just be killed by any old small arms fire.

i wish pathfinders atleast had an aimed shot ability like the brits had in coh1.
2 Oct 2014, 01:24 AM

pathfinders dont have a chance to crit. they execute soldiers with less than 40 hp. Most useless concept of sniping ever as a soldier with 40 hp was about to just be killed by any old small arms fire.

i wish pathfinders atleast had an aimed shot ability like the brits had in coh1.

in the lack of a true sniper unit , Recon Support is for me the only way to play with the USF in 2vs2 and 1vs1 , but in 3vs3 and 4vs4 is a diferent story .

Pathfinders , i really like these guys

Veterancy Levels

Rank 1: Recon training increases field awareness, increasing the sight of the Pathfinder squad.
Rank 2: Combat expertise increases squad survivability and weapon control while under fire.
Rank 3: Extensive rifle training enables the squad to fire with greater accuracy and range.

2 Oct 2014, 14:24 PM
Patrion 14

I believe Soviet needs a rework.

Rework? Just fix the useless units and they are fine :) Penals, SU76, TD
3 Oct 2014, 11:23 AM

Rework? Just fix the useless units and they are fine :) Penals, SU76, TD

Penals aren't broke, they're just under used.

German units have better accuracy at distance. G43 is a verry accurate distance rifle. But none of these aren't snipers. Exageration to prove your frustrations related to some OKW units won't do.

So Axis troops are just better at distance than their USF counterparts now too ... I thought the whole point of USF (and Soviets to some exctent for that matter) was the dominance early game and flexible infantry, which is supposed to be superior to the Axis infantry at distance at the very least (as we all know Axis infantry is far superior close range generally anyway).

So now the Axis (or at least OKW) are supposed to be greater at long range too? So where exactly are any of the Allied factions supposed to excel? Late game (lol)? For me all you have done is underlined WHY USF could do with an effective sniper/marksman/distance infantry unit to at least counter the superior axis infantry at all distances.
5 Oct 2014, 08:19 AM

I honestly don't get why Penals are called bad units. I played against some heavy Penal strats and they are no fun to play against especially as Ost. Penals became some kind of durable and do very good damage especially with flamers.
5 Oct 2014, 08:22 AM

I honestly don't get why Penals are called bad units. I played against some heavy Penal strats and they are no fun to play against especially as Ost. Penals became some kind of durable and do very good damage especially with flamers.

I don't get it too, Penals are good, able to own Grens, Volks in early game, can win Sturmpio if they have flamer, and they are quite scale-able.
5 Oct 2014, 09:57 AM

I don't get it too, Penals are good, able to own Grens, Volks in early game, can win Sturmpio if they have flamer, and they are quite scale-able.

+1
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 3
unknown 2
unknown 48
United States 35
unknown 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W