Login

russian armor

why no sniper in us army ?

8 Dec 2014, 08:46 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Oct 2014, 20:31 PMAvNY

I guess you missed my point.

My point being that COH2 is full of fantasy as well.

As to the T17 - 1500 were contracted to be built by the US Army but in midst of this contract they decided to standardize around the smaller m8. Some 250 had been built. That is more, I should point out, than the Ostwind (40), Elefant (65), 20mm Puma (200), 50mm Puma (100), or Sturmtiger (10). The brits called this model the Deerhound.

4000 of the T17E1 were used by the brits. This was the model called the Staghound.

As to the Brit army design... it was, in the style of the new powers-that-be i Relic, designed to be "different", just as the PE with their shared vet (and the ability to choose whether it was defensive or offensive) was designed to be different. And isn't the new OKW teching design similar? With the added bonus one of the trucks gets its own gun.

As was mentioned before, the US squads had designated marksmen within each squad or platoon. A scoped rifle was a part of the TO&E. And the many parts of the US had and have a long tradition of marksmanship so there wasn't a lack of good marksmen even if they didn't have trained snipers.

COH isn't and has never been a good model of WWII. That goes for COH2 as well as COH1.

If you try to go into this, you might as well use the real numbers, as 100 Elefant were built (still not much, i agree).
9 Dec 2014, 17:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Sep 2014, 18:48 PMKatitof

There actually is a thread on official forums about it since some axis players decided its boring to sit 20 mins waiting for que.

I will quit coh2 if mirror matches are enabled....

Im already close due to this chat moderation
9 Dec 2014, 19:12 PM

Pretty funny that people are soooooo butthurt about chat moderation that they threaten to leave. Woe is me, I can't throw a tantrum when I lose. Really why the hell does anyone care? Personally I enjoy not being repeatedly insulted every other game, it's quite nice.
9 Dec 2014, 21:18 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

GIVE PATHFINDERS ASSASINATE ABILITY FROM AA CAMPAIGN PLEASE
10 Dec 2014, 00:58 AM

Actually US Snipers were trained only in accurate long-range shooting, no stealth or camouflage tactics unlike British, German, and Soviet Snipers. They were more similar to the modern Designated Marksman role, and operated among Riflemen squads. The main difference between a Rifleman and a Sniper was that they were the most precise shooter in the squad and had a scoped bolt-action rifle.

In-game I'd imagine they'd be an upgrade to a Riflesquad that would give one squad-member a rifle like the JLI or Pathfinders and the "Snipe Model" ability of British Recon Squads.

If I remember good Brit infantry in CoH1 had marksman, it could snipe 1 enemy unit model for ammo.
10 Dec 2014, 08:18 AM
Patrion 28

no please. it would make the sturm office useless and let them face roll MGs.
10 Dec 2014, 09:20 AM

Why?

Because of balance. You think one player having 2-4 sniper teams in a team game is annoying? Now, add some USF players to the team and give them snipers. Congratulations, you now face a sniper blob.

As much as I'd love having OKW snipers, I hope this will never happen.
11 Dec 2014, 19:27 PM

GIVE PATHFINDERS ASSASINATE ABILITY FROM AA CAMPAIGN PLEASE

Yea Pathfinders should have a "snipe" ability with either cool down or small muni price.
11 Dec 2014, 19:42 PM

Permanently Banned

Yea Pathfinders should have a "snipe" ability with either cool down or small muni price.

It would be nice for an ability similar to British Recon Section from CoH1, but then you could spam pathfinder for how cheap they are, get 4 of them and one-shot Obersoldaten lol
11 Dec 2014, 20:55 PM

It would be nice for an ability similar to British Recon Section from CoH1, but then you could spam pathfinder for how cheap they are, get 4 of them and one-shot Obersoldaten lol

It will be a VERY NICE pay back for all the pathfinders they have slaughtered till this day lol, still spending more MP to beat 1 squad tho.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★