Login

russian armor

Is OKW the strongest faction currently?

22 Sep 2014, 21:46 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Sep 2014, 21:40 PMEsxile
Let's see the next patch, they're probably thinking hard on it at this time!
:lolol:
22 Sep 2014, 21:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Sep 2014, 21:46 PMRomeo

yes I remember when they took off the munitions penalty. What was it, 66 percent back to normal? I thought that was a significant change!
22 Sep 2014, 22:54 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

3v3+: 100% the best faction
2v2: if you are facing americans it has a HUGE edge. Against soviets they have to either spam maxims or M3s+Snipers to deal with Kubel early game.
Double OKW can just get one Kubel each to deal with the M3.
1v1: destroys USF with Kubel + Push + T3. On a similar fashion against soviets, you should either spam maxims or get an M3 early to deal with the truck push to cutoff.

If we add that there are several maps which favours axis in comparison to allies, yep OKW is the strongest faction ATM.

22 Sep 2014, 23:22 PM

A big problem with OKW being so strong is that it outshines Ostheer to the point that when people shout: "AXIS IS OP" they actually mean OKW.
22 Sep 2014, 23:28 PM

A big problem with OKW being so strong is that it outshines Ostheer to the point that when people shout: "AXIS IS OP" they actually mean OKW.

Correction: They mean OKW and also the Tiger Ace / Elite Troops in general.
22 Sep 2014, 23:47 PM

Correction: They mean OKW and also the Tiger Ace / Elite Troops in general.

The Tiger Ace is nowhere near what it was when the DLC was available for purchase for the first time. The JT/KT still outshines the TA in my opinion, considering all the other things you have on the field as OKW.
22 Sep 2014, 23:52 PM

My experience in 2v2 with OKW is a strong opening, then a weak midgame followed by a strong late game. The lack of mediums really hurts the mid-game.
23 Sep 2014, 00:00 AM

My experience in 2v2 with OKW is a strong opening, then a weak midgame followed by a strong late game. The lack of mediums really hurts the mid-game.

Puma and elite infantry makes up for it I find.

But yes, I suppose no medium tanks is a bit of a weakness. Not a very big one in the current call-in centric meta, however.
23 Sep 2014, 01:01 AM

I'm admittedly not amazing at OKW, our Axis team floats around rank 2200-2800 depending on how good our week has been. But if the allied team floods us with mediums it is a *real* pain to deal with. Pak's can't be everwhere and if I've only got a puma and 1 Pshreck to act as mobile AT, they really can bring a world of pain to any isolated units you have and swarm your defences sometimes. We've started getting Stugs from the OH player to get faster tanks - then stall for Tiger.

I need some pro replays to model our team play after but I don't have that much gaming time these days so it's hard to dedicate time to practising and learning :(

23 Sep 2014, 01:24 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Sep 2014, 13:31 PMJohnnyB
With OKW you cannot overextend by capping teritory the way you can do it while playing with allied.
Yes, you certailnly can, because those sturmpios can shred those cons 1v1 if encountered. And if something went wrong, you just can retreat and it won't be that punishing, because there are forward base truck nearby.

A vehicle loss for OKW is hugely punnishing compared to an allied vehicle loss.So you have to be extra-carefull with your light or heavy vehicles, and tides can turn verry quickly.

Of course it is, if you compare loss of Panther to loss of T-34-85 just because Panther costs more. But they perform better and have better armor.

And if you're talikng about early light vehicles like Luchs - they are harder to lose too, because Allies have very weak AT infantry.

And you have to be "extra-carefull with your light or heavy vehicles" no matter which faction you play. Don't pretend that only your beloved OKW faction have these problems. I think Allies should be more carefull with those Jacksons than OKW with Panthers, don't you think?

If you wiped 2+ squads of cons for instance, this is not so punnishing for a soviet player. All my soviet games showed me that punishment for squad loss is somewhat low.

If you lost 2 squads of volks that cost you even less MP. So what? Manpower income is the same. How it is "not so punishing"? It is, but for both factions.

Sure, OKW have it's own problems:
- lack of cheap mortar-like indirect fire unit (ISG just don't cut it for it's price)
- lack of moderately costed medium tank with potent AI capabilities
- abscence of non-doctrinal HMG
and other.
But not those you've listed.

Maybe it is even harder to play than other factions. But in hands of well exiperienced player they shine.

By the way - I'm speaking as mostly 4v4 player.
23 Sep 2014, 06:05 AM

Well, I now understand that the problems with this faction are:

1. People don't understand its architecture, therefore feel frustrated being blinded by facts as "they have the best units",being incapable to evaluate its handicaps;
2. It has alot of haters;
3. The majority of people who whine about OKW didn't play it or played no more than 2-3 games, probably against AI.

Its real problem it's reduced to one word: Kubelwagen. Fix that and everything will be fine.

Well I am indeed curious how OKW will look if/after suggestions on this site would be implemented.
Let's summarize:
1. Nurf JLIs;
2. Nurf kubel;
3. Make OKW pay for their light weapons upgrades (as lmg for instance);
4. Increase fuel costs for truck deployement (aka tear progressing);
5. Bring back OKW to 66% amo income;
6. Nurf Fallschirms;
7. Nurf Puma (hey, it's too god, wtf?!);
8. Nurf KT;
9. Nurf JagdTiger

I am realy curious how much cheesee will become to fight against it. It will probably be an allied tank fest with tens of tanks chasing infantry as rabbits, but I want to see that. And OKW will have then probably 5 players. Meaning top 5 which will still be able to win 50% of their engagements. :)
23 Sep 2014, 06:16 AM

My experience in 2v2 with OKW is a strong opening, then a weak midgame followed by a strong end game. The lack of mediums really hurts the mid-game.

I "bolded" your only mistake from this statement, because when OKW heavies hit the field, the game is already won or lost, and they rarely can realy turn the tides. Another thing that people don't understand. If is to compare, the effort you invest to bring a KT, it makes KT look UP.
23 Sep 2014, 06:21 AM

The thing with OKW is that they simply have no reliable counters to things like maxim spam or snipers. Especially to snipers... or M3 flamers when they have no at out.
These things are Soviet units or choices. US needs to be very overwhelming at the start, doing some good rifle play.
23 Sep 2014, 06:58 AM

I will never understand how people can actually have problems against maxims with OKW. Just spam volks until you have enough fuel to start spamming obers and you'll win, it really is that easy.

Snipers are pretty much the one single non-fuel unit for soviets that OKW have a harder time against than ostheer, which is why every single decent allied player is now going T1 start with 2 or 3 snipers --> T2 --> ZiS --> callins, usually with guards for extra protection because Luchs can easily flank even two ZiS due to their shitty fire rate.
23 Sep 2014, 07:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Sep 2014, 21:46 PMRomeo

Don't laugh at my optimistic moments!!! That's make me sad panda with the hangover :(

Relic tried to balance OKW with Soviet start, not USF. I would say they didn't give a shit to USF last patch. What they want to accomplish is OKW + Ostheer to be balanced with Soviet.

USF is already not that bad balanced with Ostheer.

When they'll be happy with this 3 factions balance, they'll probably thing about how to include USF one's on the line.
23 Sep 2014, 07:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Sep 2014, 06:05 AMJohnnyB
Well I am indeed curious how OKW will look if/after suggestions on this site would be implemented.
Let's summarize:
1. Nurf JLIs;
2. Nurf kubel;
3. Make OKW pay for their light weapons upgrades (as lmg for instance);
4. Increase fuel costs for truck deployement (aka tear progressing);
5. Bring back OKW to 66% amo income;
6. Nurf Fallschirms;
7. Nurf Puma (hey, it's too god, wtf?!);
8. Nurf KT;
9. Nurf JagdTiger

I am realy curious how much cheesee will become to fight against it. It will probably be an allied tank fest with tens of tanks chasing infantry as rabbits, but I want to see that. And OKW will have then probably 5 players. Meaning top 5 which will still be able to win 50% of their engagements. :)

Let's correct you:

1. Buff Pathfinders when compared to JLI
2. Nerf Kubel so hard, yes
3. Absolutely. They got a munitions income buff, time to adjust some things with that in mind
4. I don't think anybody has suggested this, but feel free to provide me with links to prove me wrong
5. This is the alternative to 3, not an additional. Reducing it back and adjusting some prices is essentially the same as upping various costs
6. Absolutely need to spawn without LMG's, yes.
7. Who the hell said that?
8. Seriously who
9. Where are you getting this from. Goofy plz.

I'm really curious how long axis players will be able to cling to the 'oh it's just because they're cool!' reason for continuous 70%+ searching as Axis. As if somehow CoH2 is a unique special snowflake in all of human behavior, and every game ever won't have players gravitate (as a majority) towards the path of least resistance and the easiest army to play and win with.
23 Sep 2014, 07:50 AM

I may be a little bit late, but here my opinions.

OKW is by design OP in teamgames.
In 1vs1 OKW is balanced. I can win with it, I can beat it.
OKW and Soviets have many units that are not used, but the remaining units are strong enough that they can beat the other factions.
Kubel is OP currently. My Problem with it is the combination of speed and supression, like a maxim on wheels. Personaly I would make him like the COH1 Jeep, no supression but good damage.
Many of the other units (Panzerfüsiliers, Puma...) may need some tweaking but aren`t really OP or UP.

23 Sep 2014, 08:31 AM
Patrion 15

- Kubelwagon (Right now it's OP with it's movement and suppression. It doesn't cost fuel (Relic!!!) Also it kills models fast now)
- Panzerschreck (The cheapest of the Infantry AT package and the most powerful. Bazookas can't event compare with this, they're just useless)
- Raketenwerfer (You can retreat it, you can put it in houses, does good damages to USF tanks)
- Puma (I don't see any problem with it but it have too many perks like that Smoke that can save it from the AT Gun too easily.)
- Luchs (Anihilates infantry)
- Flak Half-Track (It is ok but it gives suppression)
- Fallschirmjager (Spawn from a building and already have upgraded weapons...)
- Jaeger Light Infantry (Spawn from a building and already have upgraded weapons...)
- Headquarters FLAK (It's f*cking OP with it's range, suppression, damage to medium tanks(!!!!))
- Jagdtiger (A Heavy tank that can shoot trough buildings!)
- Stuka (Best mobile Arty in the game)
- Kingtiger
- Panther

They just have too many good things together and some of them in my opinion are just plain OP. They are the AT faction that can just run around with Panzerschreck in every Volksgrenadier and melt your tanks, they have heavy tanks that requirefrom you a lot of micro, AT Guns and tanks to kill them and you can lose to them really easy because they never go alone.

So every faction have bunkers and here we are with OKW having FLAK at base that damages medium tanks and light vehicles. Really fair and smart from Relic.

You can wipe their squads, kill their buildings and they can still recover. Once they build the FLAK HQ you're fucked for some time. They just have to plant that thing and protect a whole sector without even looking at the screen, that's not fair at all when you sttruggle to fight versus Sturmpioneers, Kubelwagons, Puma, Luchs, Obersoldaten... so you just add a building that suppress units inmediately and kills them really fast.

Volksgrenadiers can throw Grenades(Only costs ammo), upgrade to Panzerschrek (Only costs ammo)and they even get infiltration grenades. Meanwhile the USF have to spend resources and fuel plus ammo for useless upgrades right now and not cost effective at all.

They really did a good job at the balance team. There's so much wrong with this faction.

Can someone confirm if they receive bonus in team games from the fuel caches? If they do that would explain a lot of things that happen in team games.
23 Sep 2014, 08:55 AM

Of course they receive bonus from fuel caches. And this is as it should be. Say thanks that they eliminated the opel truck income share.
T4 can be easilly annihilated by balistic weapons. Didn't you know?

To conclude, let's change OKW faction entirely. "Balance" (aka "nurf") its units and give back the normal fuel income + ability to build caches. You all do realise you cannot have a mass nerf without that, or you want to roll your units like at parade and feel victorious? And let's see what it gives. My opinion is that you won't be satisfied in that case eather, because whiners are whiners.
23 Sep 2014, 11:46 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Sep 2014, 08:31 AMwillyto
-
- Headquarters FLAK (It's f*cking OP with it's range, suppression, damage to medium tanks(!!!!))

Mortars, Katusha - they will kill it easy as soviets,

Single Jackson will do the job for USA.

I dont understand how you can have problem with that.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★