Login

russian armor

Is OKW the strongest faction currently?

23 Sep 2014, 19:14 PM

If the barrage costed 40muni...

i'd spam it till the day is done

The barrage is free now though? A muni cost would further devalue the unit. Are you thinking of the Zis barrage? That costs 60 munis.

I say - decrease fuel to 50-60 (70 is too high) and make it a little better at hitting infantry with its normal attack, e.g. a larger splash on the shot. Make the barrage a little more accurate. too.

Alternately, make the main gun do a little better against medium tanks?
23 Sep 2014, 19:15 PM

If the barrage costed 40muni...

i'd spam it till the day is done

SU-76 barrage is free.
23 Sep 2014, 19:40 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

A colleague invised two earlier posts here a couple of hours ago. But y'all seemed to have righted yourselves, so carry on, please! :) (cleanly, natch ;))
23 Sep 2014, 20:11 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post23 Sep 2014, 19:15 PMKatitof

SU-76 barrage is free.

WHAT!?!

23 Sep 2014, 20:21 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post23 Sep 2014, 11:46 AMsabra

Mortars, Katusha - they will kill it easy as soviets,

Single Jackson will do the job for USA.

I dont understand how you can have problem with that.

Single Jackson? Rofl

Until it gets flanked by the shreck blob and gets oneshotted

Mortars wont ever kill it if theirs a sturmpio healing it

and OKW laughs at Katyusha rockets
23 Sep 2014, 20:28 PM

Single Jackson? Rofl

I do see the flaktruck as a problem when it camps the VP/fuel, especially early. It is going to take a long time to take out, especially if there are units defending it. The frustrating thing is, that flak cannon puts the hurt on medium tanks too!
23 Sep 2014, 20:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Sep 2014, 20:28 PMNinjaWJ

I do see the flaktruck as a problem when it camps the VP/fuel, especially early. It is going to take a long time to take out, especially if there are units defending it. The frustrating thing is, that flak cannon puts the hurt on medium tanks too!

Lowering its range and penetration seems like it'd be a good idea to me
23 Sep 2014, 20:45 PM

Single Jackson? Rofl

Sturmpio repair kit laughs at all your feeble early attempts to destroy the Flaktruck! Seriously I just sat there with Sturms and a repair kit while a Zis I couldnt deal with plucked away and Kats fired at my truck. I could out repair the damage every time.

23 Sep 2014, 22:00 PM

Uh...soviets can get their T1 or T2 up at start. Ostheer can build T1 immidietly

Ostheer doesn't have a fully combat effective tier in their HQ like OKW and (supposedly) USF do.

Soviets start with enough fuel to get both Conscript upgrades, so they start with enough fuel to either get a free tier, or both Conscript upgrades and use their T0 as a "fully effective" tier.
24 Sep 2014, 08:21 AM

Well, lets' put it like this: OKW is the strongest faction from AXIS side. Why? Because Ostheer is simply crap right now. Why am I saying this about Ostheer?

Because (taking examples from latest patches):
1. First, they nerfed Tiger;
2. Secondly, they increase fuel price for PZIV and through that, reduced the Ostheer middle game to stugs and maybe Ostwinds. Yeah, sure, they adjust the scatter ad distance but this is nothing compared to the fuel price increase. If you build PZIVs you will find that your tanks are not enough to stop the allied tanks avallanche. Apropos, did anyone see that snicky change to Ostwind (it performs worst now)? I'm curious...
3. "Le coup de grace" they simply made fun of grenadiers wich currently are more shitty than they ever were, and I'm not talking just about the lmg.

In my opinion Ostheer has a weak startgame, a weak middle game (because of point 2 above) and a strong late game (because of panther and brumbar buff), but who cares about the late game if you cannot keep the pace and are overwhelmed in all game stages before?
24 Sep 2014, 08:39 AM

I always thought that OKW was OP, since few days I was bored playing as Soviets so I bought WFA at low price to try those OP things

Actually I'm doing pretty fine, still think they are too strong, But need more time to confirm.

The things a bit too strong I've noticed atm are... Kubel on fuel arras, panzerfusillier blob + leader bonus, cheap panzerschreck, non doctrinal Tiger B, Flak HQ area denial.

To be continued.

24 Sep 2014, 09:07 AM

lol? Katyusha murders OKW infantry
24 Sep 2014, 09:54 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2014, 08:21 AMJohnnyB
Well, lets' put it like this: OKW is the strongest faction from AXIS side. Why? Because Ostheer is simply crap right now. Why am I saying this about Ostheer?

In my opinion Ostheer has a weak startgame, a weak middle game (because of point 2 above) and a strong late game (because of panther and brumbar buff), but who cares about the late game if you cannot keep the pace and are overwhelmed in all game stages before?

Weak start game is map dependent

Weak mid game? hell no!

Strong late game. You damn right!

Its getting to the point where ever time i see you. i cant resist the urge to tell you to "learn to play"

Osth, is not as ez as OKW this patch. seriously though, camp, camp, and CAMP. over arching mg42's, pak wall,lmg grens,fausts,p4 spam, tiger, WHAT ELSE DO U NEED?

Honestly, If you are having trouble with EZ mode axis this patch. Learn how to play.
24 Sep 2014, 10:28 AM

Weak start game is map dependent

Weak mid game? hell no!

Strong late game. You damn right!

Its getting to the point where ever time i see you. i cant resist the urge to tell you to "learn to play"

Osth, is not as ez as OKW this patch. seriously though, camp, camp, and CAMP. over arching mg42's, pak wall,lmg grens,fausts,p4 spam, tiger, WHAT ELSE DO U NEED?

Honestly, If you are having trouble with EZ mode axis this patch. Learn how to play.

Well I L2P 6-7 years in coh1 and in coh2 since beginning. You sound like everything bothers your easy spaming soviet mode it's not balanced. If you say Axis is "EZ" mode, I can figure it out what your Axis experience may be.
24 Sep 2014, 10:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2014, 08:21 AMJohnnyB

Because (taking examples from latest patches):
[...]
2. Secondly, they increase fuel price for PZIV and through that, reduced the Ostheer middle game to stugs and maybe Ostwinds. Yeah, sure, they adjust the scatter ad distance but this is nothing compared to the fuel price increase. If you build PZIVs you will find that your tanks are not enough to stop the allied tanks avallanche.
[...]

For 600 fuel you can build 6 T-34 or 5 Pz.IV.
"avallanche"? "eazy spamming soviet mode"?
24 Sep 2014, 15:09 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2014, 10:28 AMJohnnyB

Well I L2P 6-7 years in coh1 and in coh2 since beginning. You sound like everything bothers your easy spaming soviet mode it's not balanced. If you say Axis is "EZ" mode, I can figure it out what your Axis experience may be.

"easy spamming soviet mode?"

24 Sep 2014, 15:30 PM

I will give him credit, his belief that he's right is completely unwavering despite the fact that almost no one agrees with him. He's also good at pointing out specific numbers and facts when they support his argument; otherwise he glosses over, and makes vague blanket statements ("If you build PZIVs you will find that your tanks are not enough to stop the allied tanks avallanche." even though it's 5 P4's for same fuel as 6 T34's). He'd make a great propaganda minister.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★