Login

russian armor

There needs to be a penalty for quitting early

19 Jul 2014, 03:42 AM

The amount of times people leave a game I've seen are astronomical. Usually it's because they get beat early and decide they can't make a comeback or their teammates don't want to surrender so they quit.

Obviously they won't get their "valuable" War Spoil, but there has to be something else in place to punish people for quitting early too often. For example, quitting 5 games in a row before the surrender option becomes available will punish you by not letting you auto match for 1 hour.

What do you guys think is in order to help diminish the amount of quitting early?
19 Jul 2014, 03:52 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

People usually don't quit once you're pretty high rank, in my experience. If you absolutely can't stand it, there's always 1v1.

I really like the idea of having to reconnect to your old match until it ends before you can start a new one, similar to Dota 2 and LoL, but I also really like the idea of having a million dollars.
19 Jul 2014, 04:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jul 2014, 03:52 AMRomeo
I really like the idea of having to reconnect to your old match until it ends before you can start a new one, similar to Dota 2 and LoL, but I also really like the idea of having a million dollars.

The quitter isn't always the problem though. Sometimes you just get that team that's been basepinned for 10 minutes and is outnumbered 5 - 1 but just will not surrender.
19 Jul 2014, 04:19 AM
Senior Caster Badge

Maybe they could make it so that if you quit a game you get a loss on your record so your ladder rank is hurt.
19 Jul 2014, 04:49 AM

Not really a problem 1v1. I assume you're talking team games?
19 Jul 2014, 05:11 AM

Solution play 1v1

For team play games, the problem currently is with the latest patch there is an influx of noobs. OKW is very difficult to play against Soviets so a lot of players quit once they see no chance of victory.

A quick game is a good game and the war spoils aren't worth the waste of time.
19 Jul 2014, 05:25 AM

Maybe they could make it so that if you quit a game you get a loss on your record so your ladder rank is hurt.

This would be a step in the right direction.
19 Jul 2014, 05:59 AM

No thanks. There is always this one guy who doesn't want to surrender even when there are 10 tanks in his base.
19 Jul 2014, 06:16 AM

And I hate being saddled with a clueless teammate. If we're losing but my teammates are effective, fine, but if I look over and see all he has is a mortar, then forget it...

I'd honestly rather get onto a more interesting game then waste my time. Life's too short.
19 Jul 2014, 07:48 AM

Eh...so you dont get a loss at the moment if you quit?
19 Jul 2014, 07:50 AM
Honorary Member Badge

oh wait in team games. the biggest problem i see in team games. (as pertinent to this thread)

• is that some people don't want to surrender and others do. why when there is 5 tanks in your base and you can't afford a tiger you still stay in the game until every cp is expended

• then there is the crowd that loses first engagement and quits because if you loose the first engagement youlose the game.

so what you get is people quitting becuase there is no universal time on when to quit. (ever try to get more than one person to agree on somthing its fucking hard man.) the problem is its unavoidable its just a fact of life can't really change it. You just can't force someone to play somthing they don't want to.

slightly offtopic:
though i do purpose adding the surrender button to escape menu along side its in game location to many players I've seen don't seem to know where it is. that little obscure button by the mini map id never guess it was there unless i was told. though this will mostly help with 1v1s.
19 Jul 2014, 08:19 AM

No. It's wrong to punish people cause they don't want to play.
Maybe 2v2,3v3,4v4 yes but player should not be punished for leaving 1v1.
19 Jul 2014, 09:25 AM

Since WFA patch my game has started to run not well. I've changed graphics to minimum and still loading takes more time than before and sometimes I'm even delayed 30-60 sec. Usually I quit after the start.
Also I've experienced few times other bug that didn't allow me move the screen with mouse, I could only watch my base, what forced me to quit too.
So that's bad idea because of technical issues.
19 Jul 2014, 10:57 AM

There is already some kind of penalty, if you leave the match, the time played does not count for your next war spoil.
19 Jul 2014, 11:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jul 2014, 08:19 AMVIPUKS
No. It's wrong to punish people cause they don't want to play.
Maybe 2v2,3v3,4v4 yes but player should not be punished for leaving 1v1.

Oh, I so do hope you are kidding
19 Jul 2014, 11:18 AM

It's a double edged sword, this one.
I understand reasoning behind punishing people who leave, on the other hand I leave games often because I don't want to wait for 15 minutes while some noob is fighting Tigers with Pios until VP ticks out.

If I was forced to play, I would most likely chose not to play the game at all.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★