Login

russian armor

What is it about the Luchs that makes it suck?

13 Jul 2014, 15:02 PM

I think it needs a little more armour and it'll be fine. It's a tier 4 light tank but it can get fucked by a tier 2 halftrack, doesn't seem right to me.
13 Jul 2014, 15:16 PM

It's more survivable, cheaper, and less expensive than a T70. If it is going to be as deadly as a T70, it needs to be more expensive than a T70.
13 Jul 2014, 16:03 PM

The Luchs is like a mini-ostwind to me..? It's overall better than the 20mm HT.

Then it must be a bug? Maybe it cant target at close range? Not kidding blob of STs it did nothing...was on moscow outskirts too so the map is pretty flat.

Would you mind saving me a good replay of you using it well next? Saying getting around 20 kills in short order against blobs? Something easily done with a T70 for example.

13 Jul 2014, 16:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jul 2014, 03:18 AMVulture
OKW tiers and units are pretty FUBAR right now. Who would ever want a Luchs so late in the game when you are desperately trying to save fuel for panthers / tigers to fight enemy armor?

If they put that in the first or second buildings it might actually get used before getting blobbed to death by bazookas.

I agree
I believe that the Luchs is in the wrong Tier. It does not fit in with the overall theme and style of tier4. It has heavy, elite units like Sturmtiger and Obersoldaten, yet it also holds the tiny cute Luchs --> not right.
13 Jul 2014, 18:43 PM

It needs to stand still to fire with some accuracy (and burst length), else it will constantly miss infantry. Besides that the gun seems to have a dead zone in close range, as it will constantly overshoot the enemy. Try not moving too close. I found it can deal massive damage if it's shooting at targets in 15 to 20 range when standing still.
In general I'm not that sure about the tank. Yes, it's useful, but it's main role as an infantry kiting and killing tank gets kind of negated by the fact it's so bad on the move :/
13 Jul 2014, 19:16 PM

I'd rather if they gave Luchs more accuracy then HP.
13 Jul 2014, 20:29 PM

What the hell are you talking about. The luchs wasn't nerfed because of any complaints. It was just a victim of the last second OKW revamp. It used to come more sooner, but when they changed around the unit compisition there was no place for it in the innitial OKW buildings and it got put in the one it's in now, which comes a bit late for a light tank.

It probably had stat changes between the end of Alpha and Launch, a lot of units have, as rifles were not as good as they are now at the end of Alpha, Sturmtiger was a lot better too.
13 Jul 2014, 20:38 PM

It's unsettling that Relic had such an alpha, then as soon as it was over discarded feedback and made changes nobody asked for. I heard balance was near perfect, then the game comes out and suddenly M15's and rifle blobs.
13 Jul 2014, 20:47 PM

It's unsettling that Relic had such an alpha, then as soon as it was over discarded feedback and made changes nobody asked for. I heard balance was near perfect, then the game comes out and suddenly M15's and rifle blobs.

It's so true about Relic, screwing up when not far from the goal.
14 Jul 2014, 01:30 AM

It needs to stand still to fire with some accuracy (and burst length), else it will constantly miss infantry. Besides that the gun seems to have a dead zone in close range, as it will constantly overshoot the enemy. Try not moving too close. I found it can deal massive damage if it's shooting at targets in 15 to 20 range when standing still.
In general I'm not that sure about the tank. Yes, it's useful, but it's main role as an infantry kiting and killing tank gets kind of negated by the fact it's so bad on the move :/

Yes and this appears to be a known issue. As the Blob of STs I was talking about were just running up all over the thing. Resulting in me getting 0 kills. If they want it to fight at range it must have 0 accuracy penalty on the move for it to be worth it.

I used it the same way I would use a T70. Shoot and scoot. Sit still and fire yet since it was pointblank it didnt matter.

Is this something that is intended? Or lazyness/Oversight. As it appears to fire the same way the crappy flak emplacement fires. Same animation and everything. Did relic just get lazy and plop that emplament on tracks and call it a Luchs? Sure seems like it.
nee
14 Jul 2014, 01:38 AM

I took the Luchs to be a heavy recon vehicle that is suited to anti infantry role vs the Puma, which is light AT. Although I think the Luch's fighting power vs infantry is worse than the flaktrack, whose only drawback is that it has to set up and tear down before firing or moving.
That said, I hardly ever use the Luchs. If I wanted anti-infantry I go flaktrack, despite the weaknesses. The flaktrack can suppress/pin as well, so I might as well use it like a heavy-duty HMG unit.
14 Jul 2014, 01:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jul 2014, 01:38 AMnee
I took the Luchs to be a heavy recon vehicle that is suited to anti infantry role vs the Puma, which is light AT. Although I think the Luch's fighting power vs infantry is worse than the flaktrack, whose only drawback is that it has to set up and tear down before firing or moving.
That said, I hardly ever use the Luchs. If I wanted anti-infantry I go flaktrack, despite the weaknesses. The flaktrack can suppress/pin as well, so I might as well use it like a heavy-duty HMG unit.

My thoughts on it are since it was originally an early vehicle its role was to chase M3s and light vehicles like a 222. But since its in T4 this doesnt work. Because its not really a huge threat to Infantry similarly to a 222. It can pick at them but threat it is not. It really needs to be buffed or moved to T0/T1.

If this is true its just always going to be a disappointment :*(
14 Jul 2014, 02:01 AM

Putting this baby tank in T4 is a death sentence.

I was like "Dafug Relic smoking again" when I see they put PII in that highest tier truck in Alpha.
14 Jul 2014, 02:15 AM
Donator 11

it needs to be moved out of T4, if they buff it to be useful at that stage its just gonna be a new kv-8 situation.
14 Jul 2014, 02:34 AM

It certainly doesn't belong in T4. Replace it with the infrared halftrack?... The convenience of the luchs needs to come much earlier, and all the infrared halftrack is is support. The Schwerer Panzer HQ is heavy tank "support" and the likes anyways...
14 Jul 2014, 17:39 PM

I agree, it needs an accuracy buff or something. A move to T1 would not go amiss either.
14 Jul 2014, 17:47 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jul 2014, 19:16 PMKatitof
I'd rather if they gave Luchs more accuracy then HP.

Yep. Its main problem is the accuracy. Doesn`t hit well cons in no cover and in front of it. The rest shouldn´t be touched.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★