Login

russian armor

How to get enemies out of buildings as US?

6 Jul 2014, 05:18 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

I can't seem to find a good reliable way to get bad guys out of buildings. The only mortar and flamethrower US has are commander-specific, and for some reason grenades are just terrible vs garrisoned units. I'd really like to see a boost to grenade damage vs units in buildings, personally.
6 Jul 2014, 05:21 AM

Research Grenades -> pop an M23 smoke grenade -> run up and pineapple nuke the occupants into submission.

Or ask really really nicely and offer up some apple pie and freedom.
6 Jul 2014, 05:37 AM

grenades currently have a 50% damage penalty against units in garrison, so they are not an effective solution to infantry in building.

Most decent player will be able to dodge grenade anyway. It's not a reliable solution.
raw
6 Jul 2014, 06:26 AM

grenades are terrible, don't do it.
6 Jul 2014, 07:07 AM

Clearing buildings is a weakness of the americans that I can live with, but it would be nice if they made their grenades a tad bit better vs garrison.
6 Jul 2014, 07:13 AM

Smoke to approach (if necessary) and stack the short side of the building with as many rifle squads as required. Or go one of the commanders with the flamethrower.

I dunno if it makes sense for nades to have a penalty against buildings though.
6 Jul 2014, 07:37 AM

If you go for the (underperforming) armor commander, you at least can get assault engineers with a flamethrower.

Of course those squads are pretty ineffective generally for their 280 manpower. Rifle commander, one of the rare drops, allows you to upgrade riflemen with flamers. If the stars are aligned correctly and I ever get access to that, I'll let you know if it works well.

You could consider going Tier 3, and investing 480 manpower in the worst indirect fire unit in the whole game.
6 Jul 2014, 08:46 AM

Barrage the building with the Pack Howi. I find it to be quite effective.
6 Jul 2014, 08:49 AM

honestly, i think that grenades should do MORE damage to buildings... Not less.
6 Jul 2014, 09:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jul 2014, 08:46 AMKhan
Barrage the building with the Pack Howi. I find it to be quite effective.

"Shit those Sturmpios again!! Its just 2 mins and hes house camping my fuel! Quickly, rush T3!! 80 fuel? Can live with that! And im just floating anyway, 480mp and actual combat units is nothing! DIE STURMPIOS"
6 Jul 2014, 09:49 AM

Actually OKW and Wehr also have a hard time with garrisoned units. Wehr CAN get a flamethrower but with soviet mines still so dangerous, they really have to get a sweeper.

I'd say:
Avoid the garrison where possible
Try to find cover around it
Try to get to garrisons first.

I agree it's a pain, all you can do is go elsewhere or try to get to the building first if it's an important position.
6 Jul 2014, 09:56 AM

Combat engineers are best bet, then place a demo charge on the building as they will always try to re garrison.
6 Jul 2014, 10:35 AM

OKW have a really hard time too.
6 Jul 2014, 10:51 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Blob up and walk right up to the building and just start hosing it down,in the first 3-4 minutes. if its like a double garrison avoid it..
Then RUSH an AA Halftrack. 37mm absoulutely shreds buildings. Careful of Puppychens and Shreks.
6 Jul 2014, 11:45 AM

I find riflemen just nuking buildings already do a shitload of dmg to the unit inside.
6 Jul 2014, 19:06 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Green cover > Garrison
Shoot from the side with no or less windows
Use grenades when houses are small or units are bunch up to one of the sides.
AIM where you throw the nades.
If it´s an MG, you can just run around the house, that the MG won´t have the time to redeploy to shoot.
7 Jul 2014, 01:11 AM

OKW:
leIG to destroy buildings, Infiltration Tactics Grenade to kill garrisons, StG44 Obersoldaten.

Besides that nothing special. Green cover fire vs buildings or go close with Sturmpios at the side with the least windows.

US:
Riflemen similar to Sturmpios. .30 cal (outranges, deals good dmg), mortar HT, Pack howitzer to destroy the building.

Both new factions have problems.
7 Jul 2014, 01:39 AM

Assault eng equipped with flame thrower approaches from side with a troop attracting attention in front. Just 60 ammo upgrade only. Also effective against mg garrisoned building.
7 Jul 2014, 10:38 AM

It's a bit roundabout how to do it as US. You could use our SturmpiosLite(Assault Engineers) and get Flamethrowers. You could spam grenades, which 9/10 times doesn't work and is heavy on munitions. You could mortar it into submission. You could just dps them out.

But in the early game all you can do is avoid them or tank them while you capture points.
7 Jul 2014, 15:03 PM

Mortar HT works well. Flamers do too, but Armor company sucks balls so don't use them. Riles in green cover are a good solution too. AA HT is cheese but works.

Whatever you do, don,t ever get grenades. They completely suck against garrison for some reason.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 5

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight