Login

russian armor

Infantry Blobs

• This thread is locked
PAGES (11)down
14 Jul 2014, 19:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jul 2014, 19:39 PMKatitof

You're commenting one aspect, ignoring quite a few others directly connected to it, which made that one aspect you've chosen to comment how it was in the first place. Suppression seemed better in CoH1, but there was also immense amount of things that hardcountered suppression with 1 skill less click.

I see noone here arguing that "charged up" etc. should be added to COH2, do you?
14 Jul 2014, 19:49 PM

I see noone here arguing that "charged up" etc. should be added to COH2, do you?

I see someone arguing CoH1 levels of suppression would be good here without thinking of its side effects and why it was like that back then.
14 Jul 2014, 19:50 PM

Take vCOH MG mechanics + COH2's removal of "insta-sprint" = Winning.

It's that simple.

The problem with COH2 is that they changed things for the sake of change rather than to improve the game - MG mechanics was simply something they had fine tuned in vCOH that you'd think they didn't need to mess with it.

But common sense and COH2 design....we know how that story goes.
14 Jul 2014, 20:07 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

You mean like if 2 (say) Shocks attacked a MG from different angles and beat it? Because that's a perfectly valid counter. MGs are supposed to suppress one squad or several very blobbed one, not to act as a forcefield against any and all infantry in their arc. They do that job well, I find.

No, i´m talking about high long range dps units which can use craters (generated during gameplay) to frontally blob rush an MG.
Even early game, a lucky crit from 2 riflemen can cause an mg to get wipe (cause of slow remanning and targetting).

I'm still at a loss as to why the maxim is so much better than the mg42 and yet they are both priced the same. Atleast I think they're priced the same.

They are priced the same. MG42 is better at controlling blobs, maxim is better on 1v1 situations.
14 Jul 2014, 20:48 PM

Take vCOH MG mechanics + COH2's removal of "insta-sprint" = Winning.

vCOH MG mechanics + None of the suppression breaking effects = most boring game ever in the entire universe.

MG creep is already super dull, we don't need to make it any worse.
14 Jul 2014, 22:10 PM

vCOH MG mechanics + None of the suppression breaking effects = most boring game ever in the entire universe.

Oh - so you mean something like say - COMBINED ARMS - where a player has to use say a mortar or other unit rather than just roll say - A LARGE BLOB OF INFANTRY - to take that MG out? That's what would make a good game?

Sure - I like that.

Unless of course you don't think the current meta of of blob creep is "super dull"...

The current blob vs blob meta experienced in anything greater than the 1 v 1 game is a joke - it's like watching an under 10's soccer match where the large blob just follows the ball.

1 V 1 the US is certainly broken - as depicted by the current pro tournament result - 5-0 USF.

The blob is bad and goes against the whole "Combined Arms" BS that the Relic designers have been claiming as the core of the gameplay since day 1.

Why anybody would say the current state of the game is good is beyond me - unless of course they're one of those that just likes to blob of course....as always, a win is a win..
14 Jul 2014, 22:27 PM

1 V 1 the US is certainly broken - as depicted by the current pro tournament result - 5-0 USF.

This has nothing to do with blobs.

You did watch those fights, right? I'm guessing no.
14 Jul 2014, 22:31 PM

This has nothing to do with blobs.

You did watch those fights, right? I'm guessing no.

Great way to avoid the discussion - I really should have saved that for a different thread.

And I did watch those - they were more so a fight of who could get a half track up first.

Again - another broken mechanic.

Now - back to the point - BLOBS ARE BROKEN.
14 Jul 2014, 22:34 PM

MG creep is super dull, but +6 squad rifleball rolling around the map is super interesting!
14 Jul 2014, 22:59 PM
Honorary Member Badge

And I did watch those - they were more so a fight of who could get a half track up first.

Again - another broken mechanic.

that would be the definition of a overpowered unit not broken mechanic. there is a difference, a large differeence.

Now - back to the point - BLOBS ARE BROKEN.

because nothing helps get the point across by reapeating yourself over and over in ALL CAPS.

my opinion on topic:

is that blobbing is a problem. Fixing it I feel shouldn't be about making special rules just for blobs thats taking the band-aid approach sure it fixes it for now but it also can cause other problems or the problems may return because they were never really fixed in the fisrt place. I think the things that should be looked at our the units blobbed (rifles, grens, volks, etc..), and there counters (suppression, artillery, ai vesicles, etc...). After you have looked at these you can start to find where the real problem is. Maybe the problem isn't that blobs are to powerful but there counters are to weak or the units themselves are to strong. then after you've looked at and implemented these things and you havne't found a solution then and only then do you start looking into a new tool (feature) to fix the problem.
14 Jul 2014, 23:05 PM

Permanently Banned
Blobs are not broken. Just US force Melting everything in path blob

You will seldom see a OKW blob of Obersoldaden due to cost and the need for them to spend resources elsewhere.

Blobbing volks is useless and will get massacred

Gren blob for OH is useless and will get mowed down via maxims and soviet support items

Sov Con blob and oorah passed MG42 or MG34 so is somewhat very effective.

In summary, US blob way OP.
14 Jul 2014, 23:06 PM

Blobs are not broken. Just US force Melting everything in path blob

You will seldom see a OKW blob of Obersoldaden due to cost and the need for them to spend resources elsewhere.

Gren blob for OH is useless and will get mowed down via maxims and soviet support items

Both factions blob and both are terrible to deal with - this discussion is more focused on the WF and not the standard factions.

There's little difference between a BAR blob or a G43 blob - same difference really.
14 Jul 2014, 23:52 PM

There will always be blobbing. It's a crutch that bad players use to obtain success, just like all-in openings in Starcraft II. You will never truly get rid of it.

But as I said, counters exist and they work. The only blob I have problems against is the Volks + Obers one as US, since it has solid AT and also immense AI potential. But I usually win by spamming Stuart howies or HE shermans. As Soviets, blobs are usually very manageable. Demo charges are a lovely thing.
15 Jul 2014, 00:20 AM

There will always be blobbing. It's a crutch that bad players use to obtain success, just like all-in openings in Starcraft II. You will never truly get rid of it.

But as I said, counters exist and they work. The only blob I have problems against is the Volks + Obers one as US, since it has solid AT and also immense AI potential. But I usually win by spamming Stuart howies or HE shermans. As Soviets, blobs are usually very manageable. Demo charges are a lovely thing.

So you beat a blob also by blobbing? How shocking.

Also, this doesn't respond to the issue of how to deal with blobs early game, especially as OKW.
15 Jul 2014, 00:29 AM

Blobs are not broken, just US force Melting everything in path blob

1: all factions blobs are equally OP
2: USF core unit are riflemen and usf are unable build any other unit untill at least 3-4mins, so expect 3-4 riflemen at the start!!!Its not that hard
3: No care what you think because you are biast and keep posting toxic bullshite
15 Jul 2014, 00:45 AM

If you can't counter an infantry blob, you need to learn how to use artillery and suppression tools properly.

There's nothing to fix other than your shitty play.

i would like to say that's ur using the blobs and thats why u are angry
15 Jul 2014, 01:17 AM

As WiFiDI mentioned - make the counters really counter blobs. Make MG42 and 34 a real crowd control weapons. MG42 should be buffed and MG34 should be at the level of current MG42 maybe slightly weaker.
Maxim is a decent crowd control weapon already and US got different ways of dealing with weapon platforms.
As I said I don't have problems with 2 infantry squads flanking my HMG, it's only when they just walk straight into it, up front, in the middle of firing arc and they still are able to overwhelm it, despite being suppressed. This shouldn't have happened.
Same goes for OKW Kubelwagon. It's still too fragile, despite recent HP buff. Dies too easily when focused and suppression doesn't matter as it's a large target.

I get that Relic is from Canada but it is time to have a balanced game and currently we are far from it. US have such an advantage early game it's nearly impossible to came on top. EVERY single game I won against them was with my VP points dropping bellow 100 and if I managed to work may way back I was able to push them back and win the game. I don't know if it was intended this way or not but I don't like it at all because despite common opinion US late game isn't that bad. In fact M36 can deal with everything Germany can field. It is fragile but it delivers a punch. The only problem could be a Tiger but M36 + few Shermans should be enough.
15 Jul 2014, 01:53 AM

How about make all hmg support units get a slight suppression buff when blobbed squads (maybe 3 or more squads) are in it arc of fire?
15 Jul 2014, 01:55 AM

i would like to say that's ur using the blobs and thats why u are angry

Au Contraire, here's an example of a game where I deliberately don't blob (except in like one instance of using cover with two squads selected) and counter an opponent who does nothing but blob up veteran volks, sturms and obers.

I'm thinking about doing a detailed VOD that breaks this game down to explain all the decisions I made and the decisions my opponent made.
15 Jul 2014, 02:11 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jul 2014, 00:20 AMVulture

So you beat a blob also by blobbing? How shocking.

Also, this doesn't respond to the issue of how to deal with blobs early game, especially as OKW.

What's with the hostility? I build 2 M8A1s and 1 sherman. That's not blobbing, it's building counters to a blob of grens and PGrens my opponent was using.

I don't play OKW much, but the buffed Kubel helps, as do well used Sturmpios thanks to their big DPS. A bit later, the infantry support gun on some map is really powerful.

Plus, blobs early game = your opponent is giving up map control unless it's a team game. Cap around him until you get the counters, smash his blob, gg.

Look, me and others have given several tips all over the thread. You can consider some of them and try to improve your play, or stay on the forums and wait for everything you don't like to be nerfed. But only the first option will improve your chance to win.
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS