Login

russian armor

OKW Economy.

29 Jun 2014, 01:47 AM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Well guys I just don't understand why OKW still has 2/3 resource income compare to the rest of the factions. In Alpha the trucks gave more resource when locked down now they don't so it doesn't see to make any sense that they should still have 2/3 resources. Discuss.
29 Jun 2014, 01:50 AM
Patrion 14

they used to have 1/3 resource income when the trucks gave bonuses no?
29 Jun 2014, 01:51 AM

The resource allocation has everything to do with it. Also considering that Westheer has very powerful units available in the opening tiers, the lower resource income serves as a pacing buffer to prevent inevitable "unit rushing" schemes.
29 Jun 2014, 01:52 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 11

The trucks giving bonuses was removed, and they changed it from 1/3 resources to 2/3.
29 Jun 2014, 01:52 AM
Patrion 27

I liked it when trucks gave a boost to the economy just not the locking down of points and the requirement to be in connected sectors. Choosing where and when to convert the trucks had more tactical and strategic implications.

I think a mix of the old system and the new would be nice. "X%" resource income but the trucks grant small resource bonuses on any points held like a Cache or Opel Blitz Truck would.
29 Jun 2014, 01:56 AM

Well guys I just don't understand why OKW still has 2/3 resource income compare to the rest of the factions. In Alpha the trucks gave more resource when locked down now they don't so it doesn't see to make any sense that they should still have 2/3 resources. Discuss.

Does it matter when their units/abilities/vehicles etc are balanced around it? Let's not go changing it if it ain't broke.
29 Jun 2014, 02:27 AM

I like the disability.

OKW is loaded with elite infantry, elite abilities, and elite armor units.

However, to me the design problem is not the economy. It's impractical vehicle units. The Luchs, rocket HT, Sturmtiger, King Tiger, IR halftrack, and JagdTiger are rarely built.

Only the 20mm HT, Puma, Jagdpanzer IV, and Panther are built on a regular basis.

Also, the infantry gun doesn't see much action. So OKW is much about elite infantry.

Come to think of it, I really should build the IR halftrack more.
29 Jun 2014, 05:14 AM

IR HT is quite OP in teamgames, especially in blizzard, and sometimes it bugs out and reveal the whole map like a true maphack. :lol:
29 Jun 2014, 05:45 AM
Senior Caster Badge

OKW have less economy because all of their units are very cost efficient, if OKW get a regular economy they need to have every single unit nerfed or price increased to compensate.
29 Jun 2014, 05:52 AM

I'm going to use it in my next few OKW games. That, and I think I'll try the Infantry gun with it (use targeted fire) and see how it goes.

Also, IR HT + Jagdpanzer

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jun 2014, 05:14 AMPorygon
IR HT is quite OP in teamgames, especially in blizzard, and sometimes it bugs out and reveal the whole map like a true maphack. :lol:
29 Jun 2014, 06:40 AM

im fine with a weaker economy of okw, the real problem are some underperforming units in the early ( volks ) and some limited tech choises ( med truck tech in the early isnt rewarding - maybe moving the lynx to it would be worth debating )
on a side note giving trucks some role would be rly cool right now those are mostly good for early scouting and then your stuck with those sitting at your base
29 Jun 2014, 07:31 AM

I don't like the OKW resources system eather, but I guess PewnageMachine it's right, unfortunately. I woudn't say "the most cost effective" though, I would say "probably the best units" in the game.
What OKW lacks, it's a good old medium tank. Every faction has it unless okw. Puma can't be counted in this cathegory, even if it's efficient against vehicles.
It's true that a resources secure + boost system for trucks would be interesting but I guess it would be also OP.
One thing I must say though. Makes no sense to be able to deploy your truck anywhere on the map in friendly territory and the plot of land where it seats not being locked against enemy caping. It must be locked, even if this will not provide a resources boost.
29 Jun 2014, 07:46 AM

I agree with Heini, I was really hoping they would have a Panzer IV Ausf. H as their medium tank, that's what the pre-release screenshots made it look like.

Instead it turned out to be a J (apparently modeled after an H) that's only doctrinal, and only in a rare doctrine.
29 Jun 2014, 07:51 AM

For such an elite army it sure is funny how they can't deal with a few russians in a building.
29 Jun 2014, 08:03 AM

@Hans

You do know about the resource conversion truck?

The one that allows you normal fuel income at the cost of muni?

OKWs economy resolves around that truck and managing it.

Also, you can get fuel boosts from wrecks(even still some neutral work) and team weapons, which I never see you scavenge.
29 Jun 2014, 08:21 AM

Didn't play alpha, but it sounds like they did adjust the resources after the lockdown change.

Also, if it's balanced then I don't think it's an issue.

I'm glad some of the suggestions earlier in this thread haven't been taken up. I really don't want to see Brits in CoH2.
29 Jun 2014, 08:35 AM

Didn't play alpha, but it sounds like they did adjust the resources after the lockdown change.

Also, if it's balanced then I don't think it's an issue.

I'm glad some of the suggestions earlier in this thread haven't been taken up. I really don't want to see Brits in CoH2.

Back in alpha trucks boosted income of points to normal 100% level, but all other points gave only 1/3.

This led to extremely boring and cheap meta of locking down 3 sectors, being incredibly campy, ignoring all the map and going constantly for opponents cut off.

The change and system we have now makes map control as important for OKW as for other factions, so camping is not as rewarding anymore and you can still manage your resource by the conversion truck.

In short, what we have now is incomparably better then what we had in alpha.
29 Jun 2014, 08:40 AM

What's odd to me is that after the changes from the Alpha, why they didn't just scale up the fuel costs of everything and let them have normal resource income to correspond to that. The only difference between that and now is that now if you have an Ostheer player who can give fuel to you with their doctrine (LW supply or whatever), the fuel they give you is proportionally more valuable.
29 Jun 2014, 08:47 AM

What's odd to me is that after the changes from the Alpha, why they didn't just scale up the fuel costs of everything and let them have normal resource income to correspond to that. The only difference between that and now is that now if you have an Ostheer player who can give fuel to you with their doctrine (LW supply or whatever), the fuel they give you is proportionally more valuable.

It always was more profitable to use luftwaffe drops.

On average, with old and with new systems on half map you got the same amount of income as with the new one(actually new system is slightly more rewarding).

Difference is, as I've said, in old system it was all about campfest and with new, its important to have map control.
29 Jun 2014, 09:13 AM

1. OKW is meant to be ressource starved it's how they are designed.

2. Tech costs are much lower compared to other factions -> Even with reduced income. Your 1st tank e.g. JP4 comes at the same time as a t34. (if you don't waste fuel on other stuff)

3. As OKW you will have overall less vehicles, but they can reach 5 levels of veterancy to compensate this, so unit preservation is very important.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★