Login

russian armor

Gameplay changes not mentioned

28 Jun 2014, 20:14 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

So there are a couple of nice changes to the game that havent been mentioned in the changelog.
If you notice a new one be sure to post them here!

- Obviously support weapons now have a HP bar
- Suppressed units can't recrew any support weapons anymore
- Retreating mortars survive with 1 man (GREAT)
- he vet1 tracking on Soviet atguns and assault guns now finally works as the description says; it only extends the view on the minimap, it doesnt extend normal LoS anymore.
28 Jun 2014, 20:40 PM

MG 42 seems to suppress better but it could just be me.
28 Jun 2014, 20:54 PM
Patrion 14

nice catch! sounds good
28 Jun 2014, 20:58 PM

Laser Guidance system has been added to the Ostheer Mortar it seems.
28 Jun 2014, 22:05 PM

No changes have been made. to the German mortar. but just to help you see why you are eeing things wrongly:

Your stats:

Soviets:
W 364 L 368

Germans:
W 49
L 42

it's just you. Try the other faction, build a mortar, see how "laser-guided" it is.
28 Jun 2014, 22:59 PM

veteran training for mortar
28 Jun 2014, 23:21 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

On the other hand, 120mm scatter on barrage is better now ?
28 Jun 2014, 23:37 PM

No changes have been made. to the German mortar. but just to help you see why you are eeing things wrongly:

Your stats:

Soviets:
W 364 L 368

Germans:
W 49
L 42

it's just you. Try the other faction, build a mortar, see how "laser-guided" it is.

Which means I have about as many games as Ost as you. Whats your point? Try playing more games and using it more...

I am noticing this with the Americans because I haven't yet played a game with the Soviets since the patch came out.
28 Jun 2014, 23:50 PM

So there are a couple of nice changes to the game that havent been mentioned in the changelog.
If you notice a new one be sure to post them here!

- Obviously support weapons now have a HP bar
- Suppressed units can't recrew any support weapons anymore
- Retreating mortars survive with 1 man (GREAT)

what do you mean of first one?
28 Jun 2014, 23:52 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 11

The Wehrmacht mortar isn't any more accurate than ever, it has the same mind-bending property it has always had. It fires quickly, and has a higher chance to randomly slam squads you think are "spread out" because it has less accuracy than the soviet mortar. Its an illusion of laser-guidance.
28 Jun 2014, 23:59 PM

new running animations for all units
29 Jun 2014, 00:03 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jun 2014, 23:52 PMOhme
The Wehrmacht mortar isn't any more accurate than ever, it has the same mind-bending property it has always had. It fires quickly, and has a higher chance to randomly slam squads you think are "spread out" because it has less accuracy than the soviet mortar. Its an illusion of laser-guidance.

Then I just have had a bad case of RNG lately while on the receiving end of it. And a case of it not really doing much in all my Soviet games. Every hit has slammed dead center mass in my Riflemen again and again.

I figured they fucked with it since they made the US indirect fire so good. Did you confirm no changes were made in the game files?
29 Jun 2014, 00:17 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

120 mortars and nondoctrinal soviet mortars are definetly more accurate on range now. If you select the barrage on the 120 at max range its just a bit bigger than the okw buildings (which makes it perfect at killing units at the fhq)
I don't know how it is for german mortars since matchmaking always has way more axis than allies players when we're searching.

@nwglfls Under the HP of the men crewing support units there is now a thin white line indicating the HP of the weapon itself.

I found another thing. The vet1 tracking on Soviet atguns and assault guns now finally works as the description says; it only extends the view on the minimap, it doesnt extend normal LoS anymore.
29 Jun 2014, 00:34 AM
Patrion 14

wrong. they had it all along.

many times as soviet (10~20 times), i built my own 82mm and stole enemies' 81mm. almost always (except in 1 game) the german mortar got vet faster while 82mm just sat there try to catch up.
29 Jun 2014, 00:49 AM

Then I just have had a bad case of RNG lately while on the receiving end of it. And a case of it not really doing much in all my Soviet games. Every hit has slammed dead center mass in my Riflemen again and again.

I figured they fucked with it since they made the US indirect fire so good. Did you confirm no changes were made in the game files?

there's a mortar bulletin for that, yup, mortar with that are pretty accurate.
29 Jun 2014, 00:53 AM

120 mortars and nondoctrinal soviet mortars are definetly more accurate on range now. If you select the barrage on the 120 at max range its just a bit bigger than the okw buildings (which makes it perfect at killing units at the fhq)
I don't know how it is for german mortars since matchmaking always has way more axis than allies players when we're searching.

@nwglfls Under the HP of the men crewing support units there is now a thin white line indicating the HP of the weapon itself.

I found another thing. The vet1 tracking on Soviet atguns and assault guns now finally works as the description says; it only extends the view on the minimap, it doesnt extend normal LoS anymore.

See I figured they stealth buffed indirect fire overall. Can anyone confirm any changes in the game files?

If you notice how accurate and devastating both OKW and US indirects are I figured they did something to compensate the others and didnt mention it.

Edit: Oh lordy I hope someone looks and finds out its correct. So I can serve up some HUMBLE PIE...

Edit Again: Yep the 120MM reticle seems smaller and I was able to get 15 kills with it in a short short game. Thats alot for me I never have any luck with this thing...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 35
Germany 3
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak