Login

russian armor

Let's talk Coh2 - Community

• This thread is locked
PAGES (6)down
13 Jun 2014, 00:46 AM

I dont get this thread. The OP asks for people to be nicer towards each other when playing, because it would make the game much more enjoyable and interesting, and some people start critizising him for being sensitive?

Chances are the critics are the same assholes that shit up the game ;)
13 Jun 2014, 05:00 AM

I'd say the best community I've been in was the CS:GO competitive-mode community, it has a fairly equal share of good and bad people.

In CoH2 most people either never talk, or insult you, even if you try to be nice. This thread shows the true colours of the people here, most of them acting like immature jerks because someone thinks we should be polite to each other (a scary and foreign concept, I know!)

Good for you, in CS:GO competitive, I get the worst of the bunch every single game. Now I barely play competitive because of those guys not working together. Fail 1v3 = kick. Succeed 1v3 = said to be lucky.
13 Jun 2014, 05:04 AM

100% this. Its a maturity thing and a cultural thing I believe. And it seems to drop off the smaller the game mode and the higher you climb the ladder I have found. Thats not always the case nobodys perfect but in General it has been my observation.

I had a player with a very Arian screen name call me a bunch of racial slurs because I beat his ass.

The internet is like booze. Instant courage. There is no "He may punch me in the face" risk.

If you were playing with people from Asia (mainly China and Southeast Asia(Not saying everybody is the same)),(I always end up playing with people from US and Europe.) then I can say that it is normal to be insulted. Hang around in Southeast Asia long enough and you can see people competing to be the "jerk of the month"
13 Jun 2014, 06:02 AM

I was playing WorldBuilder, and my opponent kept harassing me till I slammed my keyboard and mouse and shut the computer down...I told her I would do the dishes 6 month's ago, when she asked the first time....

Some people...

Awsome! :lolol:
13 Jun 2014, 06:27 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

I am so badly tempted to edit Tristan's posts because I have power and can be arbitrary and capricious and there's nothing he could do about it!
But I won't, because I'm a good guy :snfPeter:

Anyway. Next time you're getting BMed in a game, start telling the other player that you love him and see where that leads.
13 Jun 2014, 06:29 AM
Patrion 14

Its just sad how many use the internet to blow off there steam. Something they would probably never do in the real live. Such people understand the internet as a place where, thanks to their anonymity, social rules must not be considered. You don´t need to like everyone but you can be respectful at least.
13 Jun 2014, 09:46 AM

Permanently Banned
I dont get this thread. The OP asks for people to be nicer towards each other when playing, because it would make the game much more enjoyable and interesting, and some people start critizising him for being sensitive?

Im sure he has no problem playing against these people, and I cant see him saying he is verry offended or that it ruins his day. Hes simply saying that games would be much more enjoyable if less people acted that way. I fully agree.

This.

I'm really disgusted about some opinions here, where people claim that an enjoyable way of conversation is equal to being a pussy. I want to see you Rambo guys in real life, I bet you wrote this while getting some sandwiches from your mother.

No seriously, like someone already said before, some people show their real colour here in this thread X_X . I never said I would kill me (lol) when people aren't nice to me.

We as a gaming community are responsible for our selfes. You wonder why there are so few new players? Mhhh, certainly not due to the aggressive way of conversation happening in game these days.
13 Jun 2014, 11:39 AM

Ladies and gentlemen. The Internet:

13 Jun 2014, 12:19 PM

Having a sense of respect and morals makes you a pussy? That's a new one to me. Geeze ... I must be getting old.
13 Jun 2014, 12:39 PM

Having a sense of respect and morals makes you a pussy? That's a new one to me. Geeze ... I must be getting old.

You and me both...
13 Jun 2014, 13:21 PM

It's not that everybody doesn't agree that things would be better if everybody was happy, cheerful, and kind all of the time. I'm sure you would have a very hard time finding someone who disagrees with that notion.

The problem here is that it's the internet, Seriously what did you actually expect? When given anonymity, some people will behave in an anti-social way just because they can without consequence. It's 2014 and if you haven't learned that by now, I'm not sure you will ever "get it."

To take it a step further, the reason you are being called a pussy isn't because of your moral high ground, It's because you seem to actually think that if you complain about it on the internet, the problem will somehow be fixed.

Just ignore it.
13 Jun 2014, 13:37 PM

Chat lobby in CoH1 was probably the worst I've ever seen. It looked like 9 year olds trying troll. I can't be the only one remembering this?
13 Jun 2014, 14:29 PM

This.

I'm really disgusted about some opinions here, where people claim that an enjoyable way of conversation is equal to being a pussy. I want to see you Rambo guys in real life, I bet you wrote this while getting some sandwiches from your mother.

No seriously, like someone already said before, some people show their real colour here in this thread X_X . I never said I would kill me (lol) when people aren't nice to me.

We as a gaming community are responsible for our selfes. You wonder why there are so few new players? Mhhh, certainly not due to the aggressive way of conversation happening in game these days.

Nobody said acting civilized makes you a pussy (not even Tristan), but rather you may be one if you can't handle it when someone is a dbag. IRL a kid cracking a your mom joke that badly would get laughed all the way down a middle school hallway so why are you taking offense to something said by someone that socially inept? I don't think anybody is saying they want people to act like that, but when they do just laugh it off instead of getting so upset. This isn't just an internet thing, some people act like this in real life too, and those people are generally the biggest losers. So why would you care what they have to say?

PS: player behavior probably has zero impact on the amount of players since some of the most played games out there have the highest % of retards playing them
13 Jun 2014, 14:44 PM
Patrion 14

^ Because, Basilone, trash talk puts people off online gaming.

You can take the position, "well I'm a gunslinging 1st amendment d00d and I don't wanna play with pussies!!!" (like too many people on this forum).

My concern with that, as someone who is fairly troll-proof but appreciates good in-game manners, is that games like CoH2 will remain a small cesspit full of halfwits rather than a more mainstream game capable of growing.

Just my two pence.
13 Jun 2014, 15:05 PM

I hardly witness something like this. Maybe like every 6th-7th match. I usually keep than quiet and simply don't feed the troll, however a victory feels even sweeter in that case.
Funnily the worst encounter I remember concerning this I had in a 2on2 against a team with the players Mösewicht & FrikadelleXXL, the ingame chat was spammed with things like 'haha noobs' after b4 howitzer hit e.g.
Or something like 'hahahaha noobs give up already' I won in this 2on2 in the end, which made it even more funny. I think it was exclusively done by Mösewicht, so nothing against you Frikadelle.
13 Jun 2014, 15:21 PM

I want to see you Rambo guys in real life, I bet you wrote this while getting some sandwiches from your mother.

You're complaining about other people trolling (which to be honest we could all do without) but look at what you wrote. Accusing other posters of lacking manliness and bringing their mothers into the conversation. Glass houses, stones, etc.

Of all the people on the forum, I notice your posts are the most aggressive. You fill them with smileys to mask it but your message is always "lol, fanboy, deal with it :)"

I think it's likely you're somehow provoking the other players either by what you say or by abusing the most annoying units.

If this isn't the case, just ignore them. If they're raging when they lost fair and square, why even bother reading it?

on another point you made about no new players entering the game, I think it's more likely it's because of retarded units like ISU, Elefant, m3 halftracks, etc. I would never recommend this ame to a friend just because of the annoying gameplay. But if they fixed those issues I would recommend it to any friend who plays games.
13 Jun 2014, 15:22 PM

I am so badly tempted to edit Tristan's posts because I have power and can be arbitrary and capricious and there's nothing he could do about it!
But I won't, because I'm a good guy :snfPeter:

Anyway. Next time you're getting BMed in a game, start telling the other player that you love him and see where that leads.

Then why bring it up? Oh to show you have "the powaaa" lol. Interneters are a funny bunch.

Oh yes and thank you for reading carefully Basilone. People see what they want to see on these forums.
13 Jun 2014, 15:32 PM

Permanently Banned

You're complaining about other people trolling (which to be honest we could all do without) but look at what you wrote. Accusing other posters of lacking manliness and bringing their mothers into the conversation. Glass houses, stones, etc.

Of all the people on the forum, I notice your posts are the most aggressive. You fill them with smileys to mask it but your message is always "lol, fanboy, deal with it :)"

I think it's likely you're somehow provoking the other players either by what you say or by abusing the most annoying units.

If this isn't the case, just ignore them. If they're raging when they lost fair and square, why even bother reading it?

on another point you made about no new players entering the game, I think it's more likely it's because of retarded units like ISU, Elefant, m3 halftracks, etc. I would never recommend this ame to a friend just because of the annoying gameplay. But if they fixed those issues I would recommend it to any friend who plays games.

I agree with you that things must be changed so you can recommend the game to your friends without heavily regreting it.

The reason why you may find my posts aggressive is, that there are too many fanboys (both sides) on this forum and it's just senseless to discuss with them in an objective way. But this is only my perception.

Additionally, am I not allowed to defend myself? If people say I'm to sensitive they get some counter, so what? This is something else than getting senselessly insulted ingame.
13 Jun 2014, 15:35 PM

One question,when watching replays can u see what the enemy team were talking about?
13 Jun 2014, 15:38 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

Then why bring it up? Oh to show you have "the powaaa" lol. Interneters are a funny bunch.

I guess to say that although it is possible to be pointlessly cruel on the internet, it's not like we have to submit to our impulses.
Also, man, COH1 lobbies were so much worse than anything I've seen in COH2.
PAGES (6)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 50
Russian Federation 19
United States 5

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %