Login

russian armor

Let's talk Coh2 - Community

• This thread is locked
PAGES (6)down
12 Jun 2014, 21:30 PM

The world isn't goin to take it easy on you.. How do these type of people fair when they get out into it? You think they will do well once they get criticized at a job? Take insults from a boss/stranger? No these people are pitiful and will just fall apart. People really need to thicken up. I may seem "harsh" or "mean" but hell I'm a realist. And I'm sick of people making excuses for them.
12 Jun 2014, 21:45 PM

And this is why you can't have a nice community anymore. Being an asshole is widely encouraged and anything less gets you called a pussy. Shame.
12 Jun 2014, 21:47 PM

The world isn't goin to take it easy on you.. How do these type of people fair when they get out into it? You think they will do well once they get criticized at a job? Take insults from a boss/stranger? No these people are pitiful and will just fall apart. People really need to thicken up. I may seem "harsh" or "mean" but hell I'm a realist. And I'm sick of people making excuses for them.

Realism doesn't prevent you from not being a dickhead
12 Jun 2014, 21:48 PM

It's getting off topic. I am talking about people who KILL THEMSELVES from getting insulted on the internet... Really?? Come on guys... Your willing to defend these people? Sigh... No wonder...
12 Jun 2014, 21:52 PM

Yeah, I really thought the people of CoH2.org would be above that.
12 Jun 2014, 21:53 PM

It's getting off topic. I am talking about people who KILL THEMSELVES from getting insulted on the internet... Really?? Come on guys... Your willing to defend these people? Sigh... No wonder...

There are people with an extreme sensibility, without the popular trend of being an asshole none of them would have killed themselves...
12 Jun 2014, 22:02 PM

There are assholes everywhere. You learn to deal with it. It's not all sugar canes and lollipops if your "over sensitive".
12 Jun 2014, 22:03 PM

There are assholes everywhere. You learn to deal with it. It's not all sugar canes and lollipops if your "over sensitive".

It shows how humans are broken
12 Jun 2014, 22:19 PM

Furthermore people answer on the usual "GL / HF" with "fuck your mom"

12 Jun 2014, 22:20 PM

Why is it so hard for people to understand that if everyone was nicer, everyone would be happier?

Yes, those people who killed themselves are pussies... do you think the people who insulted them were happy when they died? Of course not, they felt like shit, and they already felt like shit or they wouldn't have been assholes.

Let me put it another way: I have never met a happy, well-adjusted person who insulted other people. All any of you are doing by being assholes (on the internet or not) is perpetuating unpleasantness. I think a lot of you also mix up being brutally honest with being a dick for no reason.

Let me qualify my posts also by saying that I am an asshole.
12 Jun 2014, 22:29 PM

Both stances seem ridiculous to me.

Yeah, some people may kill themselves after random insults from strangers on the internet, but that will have other, deeper lying issues which are the real cause. The insult will be just the last small link of a longer chain of events.

Sure, the rest will take the insult and not die from it, and we sure all have already suffered a lot worse throughout life, so we could just not care I guess.

But a lot of people see how things could be better than they are, and I don't see a reason why one cannot discuss the topic at least.
12 Jun 2014, 22:41 PM

I haven't had this problem. 99% of people seem cool. If you REALLY want to, save the replay and send it to relic and they will give them a warning or suspension.

12 Jun 2014, 22:54 PM

I was playing WorldBuilder, and my opponent kept harassing me till I slammed my keyboard and mouse and shut the computer down...I told her I would do the dishes 6 month's ago, when she asked the first time....

Some people...
12 Jun 2014, 22:58 PM

I was playing WorldBuilder, and my opponent kept harassing me till I slammed my keyboard and mouse and shut the computer down...I told her I would do the dishes 6 month's ago, when she asked the first time....

Some people...
its ok marinez breaks his mouse and keyboard when he losses
12 Jun 2014, 23:07 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jun 2014, 12:36 PMKatitof
That is the problem of "modern gamer generation".
Instant gratifications, "I always win or you HAX" attitude and so on.

+

Well, there is also this "all bark no bite" feat that goes with most low end players who are simply bad and will scream, blame and flame everything but themselves.

Should you care about what they say ingame? Nope. Infact, if you can´t ignore them you should encourage them, answer them with kind words, cause when backfire be sure someone will be raging on the other side.

I can understand people "raging" while playing, things gets "worrying" when they get into the forums when you are supposed to be more mind free.
12 Jun 2014, 23:24 PM

I know a 45 year old doctor who destroyed a ps3 controller because he lost a FIFA game against his 12 year old son. Just accept that some people are sore losers and ignore their bad behaviour. Actually I don't experience that much bm in coh2. Most people stay calm, some behave like 10 year olds and others are really nice and well mannered.
12 Jun 2014, 23:31 PM

I'd say the best community I've been in was the CS:GO competitive-mode community, it has a fairly equal share of good and bad people.

In CoH2 most people either never talk, or insult you, even if you try to be nice. This thread shows the true colours of the people here, most of them acting like immature jerks because someone thinks we should be polite to each other (a scary and foreign concept, I know!)
12 Jun 2014, 23:52 PM
Patrion 27

COH2 has a unique quality of being a grindy and mentally taxing affair every single match and when you lose, often times it is horrible and exhausting.

Maintaining a chipper attitude can be tough when this happens but hey it's just a game!

The more people get on the coh2.org mumble and friend eachother when they play people and have good matches and use a mic during team games, the faster this game can get better by having high player counts and epic matches.
13 Jun 2014, 00:11 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jun 2014, 17:39 PMDanielD
@ the OP: I agree. I think there is a real disconnect for a lot of people, and they treat their opponents way worse than they would treat anyone in real life. It's lame to be sure, and I posted about it once on gamereplays and got much the same sort of replies you got. The attitude seems to be "too bad lol its the internet deal with it", which is dumb. The internet is becoming more and more a part of our daily lives, and folk need to learn to treat each other like human beings online.

Some people are better than others at not getting offended. I don't have trouble sleeping if someone hates me on the internet, but people have literally killed themselves over mean things said online. I don't see why everyone isn't jumping over themselves to agree with OP... do you all really want to play against a bunch of assholes? I enjoy my coh games much more when I respect my opponent.

100% this. Its a maturity thing and a cultural thing I believe. And it seems to drop off the smaller the game mode and the higher you climb the ladder I have found. Thats not always the case nobodys perfect but in General it has been my observation.

I had a player with a very Arian screen name call me a bunch of racial slurs because I beat his ass.

The internet is like booze. Instant courage. There is no "He may punch me in the face" risk.
13 Jun 2014, 00:25 AM

I dont get this thread. The OP asks for people to be nicer towards each other when playing, because it would make the game much more enjoyable and interesting, and some people start critizising him for being sensitive?

Im sure he has no problem playing against these people, and I cant see him saying he is verry offended or that it ruins his day. Hes simply saying that games would be much more enjoyable if less people acted that way. I fully agree.
PAGES (6)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS