Login

russian armor

Artilleries

8 Jun 2014, 16:17 PM

As you all probably know by now, the howitzers (LeichteFeldhaubitze 18 and ML-20) are too weak. Last patch they were very powerful. Right now, the only time I build them is in bot matches. Even then, I needed to build 4 ML-20s to actually be called effective. I propose that howitzers should have the same firepower and AoE of March Deployment patch but fire 25% less shells. Let's face it, these 2 howitzers are just glorified mortars. They're more accurate at close range than mortars because of the low angle shots but why call them a howitzer. Pre Elbe-day patch the LeFh fired 12 shells. They could have reduced it to 8 shells. The ML-20 will fire 8 pre patch and should have been reduced to 6 instead. This way, howitzers are not really crappy. Before I forget, the B4 203mm seem to be working fine. The rockets launchers (Katyushas and Panzerwerfers) have become fireworks launcher. Actually, I think fireworks are more dangerous since both these rocket artys have 0 AoE (taken from COH2Stats). The mortars, the early game arty. The only good thing that comes out of that tube is the lucky shell or the smoke shell. Pre Elbe day state was better. Instead of nerfing the mortars. Should have just buffed the soviet mortar RoF to the same as the GrW34. It does not make sense that the Soviet mortar should be 5 seconds slower. If the GrW34 is more accurate I'm fine since german mortar crews were better trained IRL. Right now it seems that all artys except mortar (for smoke and that lucky shell) serve no purpose in the game.

The other option of course is to make all artys the same as March Deployment era arty but buff soviet mortar RoF.
8 Jun 2014, 16:23 PM

8 Jun 2014, 17:20 PM

Hey I burned my hand on a firecracker once! They are dangerous! I would say thats about how good arty is in game too...Poor Grens get boo boos and need band aids after it shoots.....
8 Jun 2014, 17:50 PM

All arty is junk and I do not believe Relic has it anywhere near on their radar to address.
8 Jun 2014, 20:21 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post8 Jun 2014, 17:50 PMNapalm
All arty is junk and I do not believe Relic has it anywhere near on their radar to address.

But buffing isu to one shot elephant is #1 on their priority since soviet whiners are crying about the only German unit to dare counter their precious toy,

Expect to see elephant with 30 range 50 penentration and cost increased.
8 Jun 2014, 20:32 PM

But buffing isu to one shot elephant is #1 on their priority since soviet whiners are crying about the only German unit to dare counter their precious toy,

My god, all I ever see you posting about is "Everyone is a soviet fanboy, ostheer suck, soviet OP." Give it a rest. You remind me of Nullist.
8 Jun 2014, 22:54 PM
Honorary Member Badge

No, Nullist was sometimes amusing
8 Jun 2014, 23:45 PM

sad to see such an integral part of the warfare in those days to be so rare on the battlefield. For immersion, gameplay and realism sake i hope its adressed and we start to see howitzers on the battlefield again
8 Jun 2014, 23:50 PM

Did you know that people are more likely agreeing with you if you are less agressive? Try that please. Trust me, it works wonders.
9 Jun 2014, 00:05 AM

The problem with howitzers is 2 fold. First, they are not very effective for 600 mp. The second problem is that building howitzers puts you in a terrible spot against no-tech call-in tanks. It's hard enough to compete with no-tech call-in tanks with regular units; it's downright impossible to both field enough tanks/AT guns against the call-in tanks AND have enough MP left for a howitzer.
9 Jun 2014, 02:33 AM
Developer Relic Badge

They should give howies a fuel cost and tone the manpower down, though maybe WFA will change that and their effectiveness.

Gun could also use more HP to survive being one-shotted by off-maps or maybe they could allow the crew to jump off and allow them to get another gun for cheaper price IF the gun they were previously on blows up. Given that the Americans can get out of their vehicles I don't see why howies can't change. I doubt anyone would send their squishy three man arty crew to try and cap the map unless their desperate.
9 Jun 2014, 04:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Jun 2014, 23:45 PMMackie
sad to see such an integral part of the warfare in those days to be so rare on the battlefield. For immersion, gameplay and realism sake i hope its adressed and we start to see howitzers on the battlefield again
I agree right now if anybody builds howitzer it has to be the b4 203mm. It seems that only the soviets have a viable howitzer. Let's hope that wfa comes with a howitzer fix. Hard to even do counter battery fire with no useful howitzer.
9 Jun 2014, 04:36 AM

They should give howies a fuel cost and tone the manpower down, though maybe WFA will change that and their effectiveness.

Gun could also use more HP to survive being one-shotted by off-maps or maybe they could allow the crew to jump off and allow them to get another gun for cheaper price IF the gun they were previously on blows up. Given that the Americans can get out of their vehicles I don't see why howies can't change. I doubt anyone would send their squishy three man arty crew to try and cap the map unless their desperate.
Good idea. This way stuka dive bombing isn't 100% useful against howitzers.
9 Jun 2014, 04:38 AM

Hey I burned my hand on a firecracker once! They are dangerous! I would say thats about how good arty is in game too...Poor Grens get boo boos and need band aids after it shoots.....
Lol good one. The thing I do if someone barrages me with katyusha or pwerfer is just stay there.
9 Jun 2014, 04:48 AM

I had an idea once where if the gun's HP reaches 0, there'll be a chance for it to instead get a " critical damage" critical and you'll be able to repair it back to full health, recrew it, and fire.

Alternative, combine it with the decrew idea. Say the crew hops off, the gun instead gets the critical instead of destruction, the crew can repair it back to operational health, then get back on and fire.
9 Jun 2014, 04:59 AM

I had an idea once where if the gun's HP reaches 0, there'll be a chance for it to instead get a " critical damage" critical and you'll be able to repair it back to full health, recrew it, and fire.

Alternative, combine it with the decrew idea. Say the crew hops off, the gun instead gets the critical instead of destruction, the crew can repair it back to operational health, then get back on and fire.
I don't think the crew should know how to repair. Leave the repairs to the engineers. I don't mind if the tankmen repair their machine though since they need to know how to irl.
9 Jun 2014, 07:04 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Or ditch all on map artillery and make it all come from call ins...
9 Jun 2014, 07:15 AM
Donator 11

You never see them in 1v1s since they are too expensive and take up to much popcap. If they reduced the cost to maybe 450 and lowered the popcap a bit more ppl would use it.
9 Jun 2014, 07:20 AM

I'd like to see a faster reload on howitzers. Because they took away 50% of shots but reduced reload time by only like 25%
9 Jun 2014, 07:37 AM

You never see them in 1v1s since they are too expensive and take up to much popcap. If they reduced the cost to maybe 450 and lowered the popcap a bit more ppl would use it.

We've seen them in CEVO tournament last night. Barton for example got one.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★