Login

russian armor

OKW Unit list

8 Jun 2014, 14:47 PM

Hey i found a full unit list in the other Forum for the OKW:

Command Headquarters
1.Sturmpioneers
2.Kubelwagen
3.Volksgrenadiers (thanks to braciszek for pointing that out)

Battlegroup Headquarters
1.75mm infantry support gun
2.Panzer II Luchs light tank
3.SdKfz 251/20 Infrared Halftrack
4.PzKpfw V Panther

Mechanized Regiment Headquarters
1.SdKfz 234 Puma
2.SdKfz 251/17 Flak Halftrack
3.SdKfz 251 Stuka zu Fuss aka Walking Stuka Rocket Halftrack
4.Jagdpanzer IV/70V

Schwerer Panzer Headquarters
1.Obersoldaten
2.PzKpfw VI Königstiger aka King Tiger
3.Sturmtiger

I don t know if its correct but some things and Units still might get changed because the game is still in Alpha.

http://community.companyofheroes.com/forum/company-of-heroes-2/company-of-heroes-2-general-discussion/56782-sweet-sturmpioneer-has-salvage-operation-ability/page3
8 Jun 2014, 14:53 PM
Honorary Member Badge

i wouldn't be surprised if things change ;).
8 Jun 2014, 15:03 PM

The 'puppchen' (raketenwerfer 43) is built on Tier 1.

At the end of the shoutcast:

8 Jun 2014, 17:07 PM

Obersaoldaten?! That's a very strange, unhistorical and ugly name for these troops...
8 Jun 2014, 17:09 PM

^
They could have called the Waffen SS panzergrenadiers they are but that'll invite controversies..
8 Jun 2014, 17:27 PM

^
They could have called the Waffen SS panzergrenadiers they are but that'll invite controversies..

Well Sturmgrenadier, Waffengrenadier or something would have been much better than "Obersoldaten"....

Translated it means Uppersoldier and "Ober" also means waiter in German ^^
8 Jun 2014, 17:47 PM

Well Sturmgrenadier, Waffengrenadier or something would have been much better than "Obersoldaten"....

Yeah that I found as an odd name too. Why not UBERSOLDATEN!

8 Jun 2014, 17:57 PM

What do you think of all those SS ranks then?

Obersturmfuhrer, Obersturmbannfuhrer,Oberfuhrer, etc.?

8 Jun 2014, 18:06 PM

I don't want to turn this into a history discussion or something, but I generally find it problematic to display Waffen-SS/SS terminology ingame. I'm okay if they make up some fanatsy name as long as it doesn't sound retarded or doesen't make sense at all.
8 Jun 2014, 18:07 PM

Obersoldaten?! That's a very strange, unhistorical and ugly name for these troops...

I asked a German friend to explain it to me in his words. He told me there was no direct English translation, but that "Obersoldaten" meant "high ranking soldiers" or that they were "more important soldiers". Our closest English equivalent would probably be "Veteran Soldiers". So with that in mind, Obersoldaten doesn't sound like such a strange choice.
8 Jun 2014, 18:13 PM

I asked a German friend to explain it to me in his words. He told me there was no direct English translation, but that "Obersoldaten" meant "high ranking soldiers" or that they were "more important soldiers". Our closest English equivalent would probably be "Veteran Soldiers". So with that in mind, Obersoldaten doesn't sound like such a strange choice.

In figurative sense your friend is right because it means "Supersoldiers" which often are veterans :). But as a description for a military unit it is awkward and unfitting.
8 Jun 2014, 18:21 PM

Please a mod with real SS names... Who the hell is going to turn nazi one morning because he saw this in a game.
8 Jun 2014, 18:24 PM

Please a mod with real SS names... Who the hell is going to turn nazi one morning because he saw this in a game.

As many as the ones who become plumbers looking for gold in sewers after playing Super Mario.

Also, its not about that.
Its about anything SS related(including "just names") is banned in half of europe countries as well as Australia, which would result in game ban in these countries.

You know, I can play sniper elite in gemrans, but I can't play sniper elite nazi zombie army due to ban because of ss/nazi in the title.

Its not like Relic never went creative when it comes to units or names in the past(hell, they were allowed to create a whole new unit for Warhammer 40k Dawn of War 1&2 because it suited the game better then what original IP offered, I'm talking Force Commander here).
8 Jun 2014, 18:25 PM

As many as the ones who become plumbers looking for gold in sewers after playing Super Mario.

Also, its not about that.
Its about anything SS related(including "just names") is banned in half of europe countries as well as Australia, which would result in game ban in these countries.

You know, I can play sniper elite in gemrans, but I can't play sniper elite nazi zombie army due to ban because of ss/nazi in the title.

I know that it's not the relic fault, but it's those stupid laws i'm criticizing.
8 Jun 2014, 18:58 PM

In figurative sense your friend is right because it means "Supersoldiers" which often are veterans :). But as a description for a military unit it is awkward and unfitting.

It was even more awkward in CoH1, Knights Cross Holders anyone?
9 Jun 2014, 08:01 AM
Patrion 14

AFAIK, "Obersoldat" is a German rank roughly akin to Lance Corporal given to experienced soldiers that had no leadership potential and thus were not eligible to be promoted to the Gefreiter ranks.

Which doesn't really explain why they named these veterans such, but at least the name itself is not complete fantasy.
9 Jun 2014, 13:19 PM

It was even more awkward in CoH1, Knights Cross Holders anyone?

Not really, the Knight's Cross can be awarded to any soldier, irregardless of army section. It has no reference to the Waffen-SS specifically.

The very same holds for "Obersoldat". It is an acknowledged (WW2) Wehrmacht rank as well as Waffen-SS rank, thereby not necessarily related to the Waffen-SS.
9 Jun 2014, 16:34 PM

I asked my other German friend :P

She told me that Obersoldaten was a word and that it meant "Super Soldiers".

Not really, the Knight's Cross can be awarded to any soldier, irregardless of army section. It has no reference to the Waffen-SS specifically.

I know what a Knights Cross is. I was talking about the CoH1 unit though:

9 Jun 2014, 16:36 PM

I asked my other German friend :P

She told me that Obersoldaten was a word and that it meant "Super Soldiers".

Super Soldiers.......I hope you got a 3rd german friend to ask.:S
9 Jun 2014, 16:38 PM

Ubersoldaten also means Super Soldiers, she tried to tell me that's the word I was looking for before I explained why I asked.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★