Login

russian armor

OKW Unit list

10 Jun 2014, 22:06 PM

StoBtrupp, simple
10 Jun 2014, 22:45 PM

11 Jun 2014, 01:15 AM

Maybe "Elite Landsers" would have worked?

Elite is self explanatory and Landser just meant "German Soldier" afaik.
11 Jun 2014, 01:57 AM

the name simply means ober soldiers or soldiers with the rank of Ober. It's really no different then the knights cross holders, it just sounds more Germany.
11 Jun 2014, 07:20 AM

Why did they not call them "Waffen SS"? What's the big deal? You have NKVD tactics and NKVD commissars and things like this at soviets. It's in the past, it's history. Waffen SS were combat troops. Why invent names? They took part in the war and these camo are resembling to those wore by them.
11 Jun 2014, 07:54 AM

Why did they not call them "Waffen SS"? What's the big deal? You have NKVD tactics and NKVD commissars and things like this at soviets. It's in the past, it's history. Waffen SS were combat troops. Why invent names? They took part in the war and these camo are resembling to those wore by them.

This has been discussed back and forth. Certain Nazi insignias (Swastika, SS-Runes etc. ) are banned in large parts of Europe and some overseas countries. That aside, I'm pretty sure it would attract the wrong bunch of people.

Back on topic;

It seems that I was wrong. The rank "Obersoldat" actually existed in the German Army but was pretty rare. I speak fluent german and have read a lot about WWII but that rank never occurred to me.
11 Jun 2014, 08:00 AM

This has been discussed back and forth. Certain Nazi insignias (Swastika, SS-Runes etc. ) are banned in large parts of Europe and some overseas countries. That aside, I'm pretty sure it would attract the wrong bunch of people.

I can see. The laws must be respected, I agree. Though "Obersoldaten" sounds kind of silly even if it does not mean "Ubersoldaten". As "knight cross holders" sounded silly. I would change it like this:

var1 - replace pzgrenadiers name with "schutze" or anithing else and call these guys Pzgrenadiers.
var2 - call them Stosstruppen or Stormtruppen as i was in vCOh.
11 Jun 2014, 08:02 AM

I can see. The laws must be respected, I agree. Though "Obersoldaten" sounds kind of silly even if it does not mean "Ubersoldaten". As "knight cross holders" sounded silly. I would change it like this:

var1 - replace pzgrenadiers name with "schutze" or anithing else and call these guys Pzgrenadiers.

Both variants sound reasonable.

I think the term "Schütze" fits the "new" Pgren role better ;)
11 Jun 2014, 16:48 PM

My problem with those is you cannot just change a core unit from another faction suddenly like that. And real Stormtroopers were WW1 rather than WW2.
12 Jun 2014, 02:03 AM
Benefactor 340

Do OKW get a panzer 4 or was the ones in the trailer belonging to a team mate? it seems as if they lack a medium tank as the luchs wont take on heavy and medium tanks and the panther might be a little expensive
12 Jun 2014, 02:12 AM

Do OKW get a panzer 4 or was the ones in the trailer belonging to a team mate? it seems as if they lack a medium tank as the luchs wont take on heavy and medium tanks and the panther might be a little expensive

They get a pair like t-34/85 call in at 9 cp from one of the commanders i think.

Ur medium tank is the jagdpanzer 4.Other than that panther and king tiger.
AT will be puppchen AT gun which available from first building and can be camoflaged,plus basic volks squad can get 1 shreck.

Some others may be revealed with release.
12 Jun 2014, 02:12 AM

I'll be happy if i get 1 unit profile each day.The daily fix so to speak.
12 Jun 2014, 02:14 AM

I want a Panzer IV profile, but that won't happen because it's not a stock unit :(

A Jagdpanzer IV profile would be nice too, those are sexy!
12 Jun 2014, 02:17 AM

I just hope jagdpanzer 4 is not some stug and can actually go toe to toe with su-85.Otherwise that building will have no lategame AT and be underused,save for the possibly epic stuka halftrack.
12 Jun 2014, 03:15 AM
Benefactor 340

Also i heard one of casters from relic saying during the demo that the cost of OKW heavy tanks were cheaper compared to their Ostheer counterparts, is that the case

and yeah jagdpanzer IV will be significantly more formidable than a stug since the stug is based on the panzer III chassis and Jagd is based on panzer 4 chassis, Jagd IV also has far more armor and a much more powerful gun
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★