Login

russian armor

Hands on Western Fronts Armies

PAGES (75)down
2 Jun 2014, 12:24 PM

I agree with you. But:

1. In germany every nazi symbol is forbidden.
2. They don´t want a "nazi" army. Because nobody wants to play a cruel "nazi" army.

This game has some historical accurate. Therefore I would wanna see the real symbols. If you will forbid the symbols that mean so many killed people, u should forbid every symbol releated to any armies including USA Forces.

Whenever there will be a mod, I will use it and change them real symbols..
2 Jun 2014, 12:42 PM

if the game featured swastikas, the game would be banned in a whole bunch of coutries all across europe.

Sadly people still haven't gotten over the fact that a symbol is just a symbol and a symbol in a game for the sake of historical accuracy is a good thing.
2 Jun 2014, 13:12 PM

This isn´t a bout swastikas. This is about the Balkenkreuz - a symbol that´s used by the German army. Currently the OST vehicles have it - or at least something resembling it quite good.

The new symbols are way to comic style. Now that I see the US one also, I can´t help but laughing. Though I hope it´s just the loading screen symbol and not on every vehicle for them. What´s so hard about making an Allied star, or if it has to be different from the Soviet star a simple US flag. Everything is better than this sword.

That motor-cycle gang emblem however seems to be on every OKW vehicle so far. Keep riding into the sunset, boys.
Hux
2 Jun 2014, 13:15 PM
Patrion 14

The US shield emblem and OKW cross are the emblems used in the game lobby... not in game.

I think you'll find that the Soviet star and Ost Crosses also have their own exclusive menu type that is different from what is painted on their units in game. I dont get what your complaining about?
2 Jun 2014, 13:17 PM
Donator 22

and more premium commander? Found some pics, with some of the new commander ("premium item") but maybe I'm wrong :)(
2 Jun 2014, 13:40 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Jun 2014, 13:15 PMHux
The US shield emblem and OKW cross are the emblems used in the game lobby... not in game.

I think you'll find that the Soviet star and Ost Crosses also have their own exclusive menu type that is different from what is painted on their units in game. I dont get what your complaining about?

Indeed, i also saw in the twitch video Relic made the US vehicles just have stars like in CoH1. Not the symbol you guys posted.

But its kinda dumb swastikas are forbidden, while the hammer and sickle is not a problem to show everywhere..

I agree with you. But:

1. In germany every nazi symbol is forbidden.
2. They don´t want a "nazi" army. Because nobody wants to play a cruel "nazi" army.

Cruel nazi army? And everybody likes to play as a cruel Soviet army?
Cruel :p Makes me laugh ;)
2 Jun 2014, 14:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Jun 2014, 10:17 AMTri86
bulldozer 105mm sherman looks badass. can't wait to see it in action!

I agree. I like the brummbar, and a bit less potent brummbar but a turret sounds even better..plus it's a call in.

Let's get the hype train going:

Armor combos:

Sherman 105 + M36..
2 Jun 2014, 14:50 PM

Hello all ! First post ! ..of a long time CoH1 and BKmod (mediocre) veteran ;O
Since I've always been a sucker for lategame supercats, and admittingly a KT whore ;D
I was wondering if any of the Alpha testers could tell something more about the KT..
As, how does it's armor and health feel in comparison to Tiger I for instance, and what about it's damage/penetration and range (subjectively)!?! Since we know how the two "PAK 43 units" play out within OstHeer !

Thank you for your time and input !

B)
2 Jun 2014, 15:08 PM

Common guys don't derail the thread over the motility of different armies again before it ends closed again.

Swastikas are banned and offend a huge amount of people, weather you understand that or not at least respect it.

Let's get back on topic.
2 Jun 2014, 15:29 PM

Some good alpha tester could post here the okw commanders? :3
2 Jun 2014, 15:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Jun 2014, 15:29 PMJawohl
Some good alpha tester could post here the okw commanders? :3

No, because they are under NDA.
Wait for next relic stream and they might show them just like they did with USA ones.
2 Jun 2014, 15:38 PM

No, because they are under NDA.
Wait for next relic stream and they might show them just like they did with USA ones.

Also via pm :guyokay:, anyway i don't get the deal with stalin censureship at 3 weeks from release
2 Jun 2014, 15:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Jun 2014, 14:50 PM$nuffy
Hello all ! First post ! ..of a long time CoH1 and BKmod (mediocre) veteran ;O
Since I've always been a sucker for lategame supercats, and admittingly a KT whore ;D
I was wondering if any of the Alpha testers could tell something more about the KT..
As, how does it's armor and health feel in comparison to Tiger I for instance, and what about it's damage/penetration and range (subjectively)!?! Since we know how the two "PAK 43 units" play out within OstHeer !

Thank you for your time and input !

B)

the king tiger is slow but powerful, i havent used it much as its very hard to afford it, but i killed it once using a combo of riflemen abilities, like smoke and at nade along with a flanking sherman and some other at. Obviously it looks different to the normal tiger and will play a different role. It seemed to do good damage against vehicles and infantry.
2 Jun 2014, 15:51 PM

^^
If the KT is so expensive, then I can largely see Jagdpanzer IVs to be more practical and affordable.

How are they? like SU-85?
2 Jun 2014, 15:56 PM

^^
If the KT is so expensive, then I can largely see Jagdpanzer IVs to be more practical and affordable.

How are they? like SU-85?

Thats also under NDA :P
2 Jun 2014, 16:03 PM

Im looking forward to OKW army more than US. Us was my least favorite in coh1 and PE my most.
2 Jun 2014, 16:31 PM

If KT is so costly, then that means that the Panther is not easy to obtain for mid-late game. It isn't even that easy to obtain with the more resource plentiful Ostheer, either. The Jagdpanzer IV would presumably be 70% of the Panther's fuel price (based on the relation b/w Stug III G and P4).

My guess is that the Jagdpanzer IV is the core late game armor.
2 Jun 2014, 16:32 PM

Am I the only one who thinks the "crosses" on OKW units are shit? This isn´t the Balkenkreuz, this is a motorcycle gang emblem.

It´s like adding that to every US tank.

It's just a stylized variant of the Iron Cross. The usage of the Iron Cross by Bikers and such stem from Germany anyway since after the war, it was associated with toughness (Germany was difficult to bring down). Regardless the Iron Cross is still the official emblem of the Deutsches Heer.

2 Jun 2014, 16:48 PM

If KT is so costly, then that means that the Panther is not easy to obtain for mid-late game. It isn't even that easy to obtain with the more resource plentiful Ostheer, either. The Jagdpanzer IV would presumably be 70% of the Panther's fuel price (based on the relation b/w Stug III G and P4).

My guess is that the Jagdpanzer IV is the core late game armor.

Youre really, really excited bout the Jagdpanzer dontya
2 Jun 2014, 17:03 PM
Patrion 14

The next Relic stream will most likely show the OBW faction, untill then, it's all speculations and assumptions as the NDA for the OBW isn't lifted :)
PAGES (75)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS