Login

russian armor

Mines against Ost; Too efficient

22 May 2014, 03:01 AM

30 some munis = 340 mp pz gren squad. Don't need to say anything more.
22 May 2014, 03:02 AM

The new AoE profile has screwed up mines, significantly increasing their effectiveness. I can't imagine that this wouldn't get fixed in the near future, but... you never know.

22 May 2014, 03:15 AM

Permanently Banned
Relic logic is logic. Comrade stalin must of threatened the the relic team before the implemented the latest patch
22 May 2014, 03:20 AM

Just saying that the Relic Video at the start of the game has a giant mine in it... :O)
22 May 2014, 03:44 AM

And they will balance it by putting this mine into Westheer, I bet. :P

I don't know why it is so hard copy & paste the vCOH mines.
22 May 2014, 04:03 AM

That reminds me I should check to see if the wp alpha has got a fix for mines. Not that I could tell you if it did :P
22 May 2014, 04:38 AM

Agreed. Way too strong.
22 May 2014, 06:13 AM

yes, if relic want's to keep it at its current form they should increase its cost to 45 for example
22 May 2014, 06:21 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

Just saying that the Relic Video at the start of the game has a giant mine in it... :O)

:snfQuinn: "They're on to us!"
22 May 2014, 07:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 May 2014, 06:13 AMAbdul
yes, if relic want's to keep it at its current form they should increase its cost to 45 for example

more like 100. It wipes a squad more often than not. If they really playtested this patch for 2 weeks, how could they have missed something like this, along with the ISU-152 etc...
22 May 2014, 12:38 PM

You would have hoped this was worthy of a hotfix a wee while ago, but no dice :(

Soviet mines pre the AOE change were already very good for 30 munitions (German infantry AI does not help here either. Now, they are broken, so make sure to bring your minesweepers with you as Ostheer and get them early. (And ofc, keep an eye on where soviet engineers are on the map as much as possible, as that'll generally be where the mines are.)
22 May 2014, 12:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 May 2014, 07:58 AMTNrg

more like 100. It wipes a squad more often than not. If they really playtested this patch for 2 weeks, how could they have missed something like this, along with the ISU-152 etc...

Seriously?????????

Missed assgrens, Tiger Ace, Gren + G43, Shock troops, Kv8, Panzer IV, Blitzkrieg, various call in abilities, etc.......

Which were all a lot worse problem then mines at some point after various patches down the line.

Here is my theory: There are 2 testers only, and one is a lot better player then the other.

They switch sides for every patch test :jk:
22 May 2014, 13:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 May 2014, 06:13 AMAbdul

This would also force soviet players to budget how they spend munitions. As things stand atm soviets generally have excess munitions allowing for mols to be thrown indiscriminately, mines to be spammed at every choke point and still have change for at nades, buttoning, weapon upgrades etc. Prepatch I would have said soviets needed excess munitions to control pgren spam and ost armour but recent changes give sov the advantage in those areas. Strategy requires decision making and thats not the case with soviets. There shouldn't be free access to every upgrade/ability in the game.

That being said, mine detectors should be the first upgrade for every ost player. Period. If the ost player wants to play aggressive like sov and opt for nades, lmg, scout car upgrade then they have to wear the risk. Just a matter of changing playstyles tbh.

As previously stated watch the engineers and anticipate......
22 May 2014, 14:28 PM

I think 45 would be fair for current performance. Although grass is greener syndrome leaves me wanting area denial when I am not playing Ost so I would like a 60 Muni Smine field :D

Always want what you dont have...
22 May 2014, 14:37 PM

Relic logic is logic. Comrade stalin must of threatened the the relic team before the implemented the latest patch

22 May 2014, 16:22 PM

This would also force soviet players to budget how they spend munitions. As things stand atm soviets generally have excess munitions allowing for mols to be thrown indiscriminately, mines to be spammed at every choke point and still have change for at nades, buttoning, weapon upgrades etc. Prepatch I would have said soviets needed excess munitions to control pgren spam and ost armour but recent changes give sov the advantage in those areas. Strategy requires decision making and thats not the case with soviets. There shouldn't be free access to every upgrade/ability in the game.

That being said, mine detectors should be the first upgrade for every ost player. Period. If the ost player wants to play aggressive like sov and opt for nades, lmg, scout car upgrade then they have to wear the risk. Just a matter of changing playstyles tbh.

As previously stated watch the engineers and anticipate......

exactly, and reduce mine spam which has gone out of control
22 May 2014, 19:38 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Mines win games, they wipe squads :D
Rollback to prepatch effectiveness (almost no wipe) or go vcoh style and give them supression.
22 May 2014, 20:08 PM

Permanently Banned
And the mines have alien tecnology, that dont doo friendly fire...

LOL!
22 May 2014, 21:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 May 2014, 20:08 PMBravus
And the mines have alien tecnology, that dont doo friendly fire...

LOL!

I agree! German mine fields should wipe pioneers the second they finish building :loco:
22 May 2014, 21:15 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post22 May 2014, 21:01 PMKatitof

I agree! German mine fields should wipe pioneers the second they finish building :loco:

Shouldn't this guy be banned already ? He injects every single thread with his fanboism and hate.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 36

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight