Login

russian armor

Relic: "Every battle tells a story"

18 May 2014, 23:03 PM

Simple then, play 2v2 as soviets and don't use ISU.

It's not like Eli is any stronger than it has always been , and you can just play hyper aggressive soviets (earlier armour) in which case if they do manage to field an Elefant, it will be in less favourable circumstances.

SNF 2v2 casts clearly show its not really possible against equal opponent, because ost can and will hold off half of the map with some back and forth.
19 May 2014, 02:18 AM

I'd be in favour of more moderation on this site. Just reply to one of the current topics on the issue. The revolving door of negative topics saps my enthusiasm for this site and community. Just my opinion.

OT: They do need to be looked at. I suspect they are being looked at.

I'd be in favor of less people trying to censor fair criticisms. Theres no need to sugar coat things, the relatively abysmal tournament viewer count speaks for itself.
19 May 2014, 03:16 AM

Relative to what, exactly? 200-400 people is pretty good turnout for such a small community.
19 May 2014, 03:53 AM

SNF season 4 got over 2k viewers almost every week. Later CoH1 tournament casts got 700-1000 viewers. CoH2 beta SNF 2v2 cast had a really good turnout, don't remember the numbers but it was possibly a record breaker. SNF5 got around 500-800 viewers. Now the tournaments get around 200-300 viewers....meanwhile Xcom is just automatching CoH1 with almost 100 viewers.

200-400 people is pretty good turnout for such a small community.

Maybe it is a good turnout per capita of CoH2 community, but then that begs the question why is the CoH2 community so small? Don't say "because its a new game and will pass CoH1 with time" because its a sequel which doesn't need to completely re-establish itself, its already piggy backing off the franchise name. You don't see the new CoD, Battlefield, or even another niche PC rts like Wargame taking months or years to build up its it playerbase, its pretty much as good as it gets shortly after release. This didn't apply to CoH1 because it was a fairly unknown game at the time, and the free weekends and big sales happening late in its lifespan brought it a lot of spotlight. CoH2 has already had the publicity, free weekends and huge sales, so it likely already peaked. Maybe the game will get much, much better in the future and a lot of people will come out of the woodwork and start playing again, but thats highly unlikely. That terrible metacritic user rating definitely isn't helping either.
19 May 2014, 15:52 PM

Well CoH2 had a really rocky launch. CoH1's wasn't great either, but it had the benefit of being an unknown game at the time, so virtually nobody remembers that.

As for the metacritic score, I blame the design direction. They didn't give the Soviets a 'soldier' unit, which Barton stated yesterday in an interview was one of the reasons he left, he doesn't like the portrayal of "prisoner and civilian army". Plus making the main character a 'free thinker', which obviously leads to him being persecuted, also upset a lot of people.

Unfortunately as far as that goes, the damage is done, and in Russia CoH2 is still known as the "nazi game". Their only options are major damage control, remaking parts of the game, which is way too late now. Or move forward, which they've clearly chosen with WFA coming around the corner.
22 May 2014, 07:49 AM

Maybe it is a good turnout per capita of CoH2 community, but then that begs the question why is the CoH2 community so small? Don't say "because its a new game and will pass CoH1 with time"

6 years later "CoH2 is a new game and will pass CoH1 with time"
22 May 2014, 07:53 AM

Every battle tells a story?
True... This time my Elefant killed the ISU from the front while the ISU online wiped out 67 squads of mine...
22 May 2014, 08:22 AM

SNF season 4 got over 2k viewers almost every week. Later CoH1 tournament casts got 700-1000 viewers. CoH2 beta SNF 2v2 cast had a really good turnout, don't remember the numbers but it was possibly a record breaker. SNF5 got around 500-800 viewers. Now the tournaments get around 200-300 viewers....meanwhile Xcom is just automatching CoH1 with almost 100 viewers.

Maybe it is a good turnout per capita of CoH2 community, but then that begs the question why is the CoH2 community so small? Don't say "because its a new game and will pass CoH1 with time" because its a sequel which doesn't need to completely re-establish itself, its already piggy backing off the franchise name. You don't see the new CoD, Battlefield, or even another niche PC rts like Wargame taking months or years to build up its it playerbase, its pretty much as good as it gets shortly after release. This didn't apply to CoH1 because it was a fairly unknown game at the time, and the free weekends and big sales happening late in its lifespan brought it a lot of spotlight. CoH2 has already had the publicity, free weekends and huge sales, so it likely already peaked. Maybe the game will get much, much better in the future and a lot of people will come out of the woodwork and start playing again, but thats highly unlikely. That terrible metacritic user rating definitely isn't helping either.

In SNF5's average viewership was roughly between 800 - 1500 per broadcast, I think at its peak it hit 2000.
23 May 2014, 14:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 May 2014, 08:22 AMwuff

In SNF5's average viewership was roughly between 800 - 1500 per broadcast, I think at its peak it hit 2000.

i highly doubt that the average ever went over 1k... i'd be amazed if the peaks ever went significantly over 1.5k. got any numbers to back that up?

coh2 has peaks of between 5k and 7k players any given month (disregarding f2p weekends), just as a reference.
23 May 2014, 14:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 May 2014, 14:29 PMcr4wler

i highly doubt that the average ever went over 1k... i'd be amazed if the peaks ever went significantly over 1.5k. got any numbers to back that up?

coh2 has peaks of between 5k and 7k players any given month (disregarding f2p weekends), just as a reference.

I watched pretty much every broadcast.
23 May 2014, 18:32 PM

I've watched the 2 most recent :P

I've missed all the others due to a sleeping disorder which meant I couldn't sleep at night, only day, but it's fixed now!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★