Login

russian armor

Honest opinions about Balance - Soviet adv

PAGES (21)down
18 May 2014, 18:24 PM

Jesus , just reading the original post sends chills down my spine....

I hope relic SERIOUSLY knows what they are doing.
18 May 2014, 18:48 PM

If the Germans are to have their old super panther back, then the Soviets should get the Kv-85/IS-1 or even IS-2 at T4.

Already the German T4 has the effective Brummbar.
18 May 2014, 22:59 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post18 May 2014, 18:24 PMBurts
Jesus , just reading the original post sends chills down my spine....

I hope relic SERIOUSLY knows what they are doing.

+1

The amount of forum theorycrafter warriors is getting too damn high.
19 May 2014, 02:09 AM

I find that most "theorycrafter warriors" are often too busy defending their own factions at least. "ISU-152 isn't OP, you can kill it if you load 2 Panzergrens with Panzerschrecks into a 251 and drive it around back while a Panzer IV distracts it."
19 May 2014, 03:59 AM

Permanently Banned
The biggest lie by relic is how they said grens are superior to cons at long range. At best they are equal. Seems they are making some russian coin making soviets op. Just like war thunder.
19 May 2014, 04:57 AM

Have you even played the game? Grens easily win against Cons long range. Do you always put your units in negative cover for the speed bonus or something??
19 May 2014, 06:25 AM

The biggest lie by relic is how they said grens are superior to cons at long range. At best they are equal.

A.... sorry but no. In equal conditions, green cover to green cover, long range, grens should win the most of the engagements and they do.
19 May 2014, 08:13 AM

Have you even played the game? Grens easily win against Cons long range. Do you always put your units in negative cover for the speed bonus or something??

He uninstalled quite some time ago, which he proudly announced back then at official forums.

Of course the statement was followed by "nurf sovit you communist reric" wall of text rant.
19 May 2014, 09:11 AM

^^ So he's basically clueless.... right...
19 May 2014, 09:11 AM
19 May 2014, 15:32 PM
Patrion 14

You don´t only have a nerfed, more expensive Panther without a useful ability, but also the Russians have better vehicles now. That´s too much.
This doesn't tell us anything, except that Panther is now in a worse position than it used to be. Our perceptions what it should do are painted by what it USED to do.

Look at it from a perspective of someone who never played previous patches, who is just now entering CoH2 gameplay. Someone who never used the old Vet2 panther with the old Turboblitz. What would they say : is the Panther good enough for cost in THAT context?

It costs ~30% more than other mediums and requires T4. For that, you get:
- unparallelled antitank capabilities
- weakest anti infantry of all the mediums, (the top mounted MG does mitigate that somewhat)
- longest range on a turreted tank
- still highly mobile (very good cross-country capabilities)
- high frontal armour value (reliably bounces shells unless flanked)

All this against a faction that doesn't have good infantry based AT.
19 May 2014, 17:04 PM

VetLoLcake is absolutely clueless and a forum troll, There is to much evidence that disputes his already unsupported claims.... He could not rally anyone to his cause on the official so he came here. No one should take him seriously especially after on the official forums he claimed the march deployment made Soviets even more broken. I only wish his threads would have 0 replies so he will actually leave and play the game.
19 May 2014, 17:47 PM

I only really struggle against a few things when fighting against soviets(German is not my preference, I'm not really good at them frankly, nor do I enjoy their playstyle) I believe the problem is not a result of my lack of skill in the case of 1. Well managed snipers, 2. the bloody ISU-152(unholy freaking disgusting), 3. Squad wiping mines.

Some changes I feel are absolutely critical to soviet balance from the perspective of germans are:

1. Soviet snipers should have a combined survivability of the single german sniper, this still prevents coh1 style sniper duels but gives each sniper equal footing against regular infantry fire or other forms of damage. The models of the sov sniper team should always be REALLY close to each other, such that they are essentially ONE model when it comes to targeting distances and AOE damage.

2. reduce range and stop squad wiping.

3. Limit the mines in some fashion so they can't wipe.

That's all I can say right now that is obviously and without doubt OP for the soviets.
20 May 2014, 04:07 AM

Some changes I feel are absolutely critical to soviet balance from the perspective of germans are:

1. Soviet snipers should have a combined survivability of the single german sniper, this still prevents coh1 style sniper duels but gives each sniper equal footing against regular infantry fire or other forms of damage. The models of the sov sniper team should always be REALLY close to each other, such that they are essentially ONE model when it comes to targeting distances and AOE damage.

2. reduce range and stop squad wiping.

3. Limit the mines in some fashion so they can't wipe.

That's all I can say right now that is obviously and without doubt OP for the soviets.

agreed with 2 and 3, but snipers. incendiary rounds can 1 shot soviet snipers and german snipers shoot faster and is more difficult to counter snipe with faster camoflague values. honestly, a well microed german sniper has alot more potential than a well microed soviet one.
20 May 2014, 06:07 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 May 2014, 04:07 AMwongtp

agreed with 2 and 3, but snipers. incendiary rounds can 1 shot soviet snipers and german snipers shoot faster and is more difficult to counter snipe with faster camoflague values. honestly, a well microed german sniper has alot more potential than a well microed soviet one.

I've never tried incendiary rounds, but snipe on snipe battles aren't really my concern, more so the soviet sniper getting away from regular soldiers even though you caught him with his pants down or he was being too aggressive. I wasn't aware of the faster shooting/camo.
20 May 2014, 09:10 AM

Permanently Banned
Pro soviet scum obviously trying to defend all their buffs and clearly happy with the state in the game. Trying every trick in the book to say soviets are not OP atm. LOL. i laugh at you.

Katitifuckoff go back to the original forums and stay there mate. Like i said get out of my thread and make your own arguments. I made mine.

Sorry. L2P doesnt cut it you need to get more detailed mate.
20 May 2014, 09:36 AM

Pro soviet scum obviously trying to defend all their buffs and clearly happy with the state in the game. Trying every trick in the book to say soviets are not OP atm. LOL. i laugh at you.

Katitifuckoff go back to the original forums and stay there mate. Like i said get out of my thread and make your own arguments. I made mine.

Sorry. L2P doesnt cut it you need to get more detailed mate.

And why exactly anyone would listen to such cry baby as yourself?

http://community.companyofheroes.com/forum/company-of-heroes-2/coh-2-balance-feedback/47552-dont-understand-relic-logic-waster-60

http://community.companyofheroes.com/forum/company-of-heroes-2/coh-2-balance-feedback/46825-lol-mini-patch-just-to-add-insult-to-injury-more-german-nerfs-and-soviet-buffs

http://community.companyofheroes.com/forum/company-of-heroes-2/coh-2-balance-feedback/43800-deleted-the-game-game-was-fine-germans-short-changed-its-over

Here, let everyone who still don't think you're lil whining shit without any spine have their doubts cleared.

You are on this forums only because moderation here do not exists, which is a reason why toxic shits like you can roam here free, spreading idiocy over all threads they come in contact with.

And you calling someone scum and accusing of defending the faction? You're like the biggest fucking hypocrite these boards have seen since wiking the retard and you have already surpassed your master in idiocy.
20 May 2014, 09:58 AM

This doesn't tell us anything, except that Panther is now in a worse position than it used to be. Our perceptions what it should do are painted by what it USED to do.

Look at it from a perspective of someone who never played previous patches, who is just now entering CoH2 gameplay. Someone who never used the old Vet2 panther with the old Turboblitz. What would they say : is the Panther good enough for cost in THAT context?
Okay, let´s just look at its state today.

It costs ~30% more than other mediums and requires T4. For that, you get:
- unparallelled antitank capabilities
I disagree. First, the cost is immense. It is the most expensive non doctrinal tank in the game to get. Its anti tank is okayish. Elefant and ISU-152 have unparalleled AT-capabilities. Tiger and IS-2 are also stronger than the Panther. Last but not least the SU-85 imo is a lot more useful than the Panther in a fight, that´s not a vacuum. Simply because of the range. So I disagree with that unparalleled AT-capability.

- weakest anti infantry of all the mediums, (the top mounted MG does mitigate that somewhat)
Dito. Weakest anti infantry on a medium tank. For Okayish anti tank and highest fuel and teching cost.

- longest range on a turreted tank
Still less than a SU-85. Also the range isn´t as helpful as with self spotting vehicles. Only with doctrinal scopes and when being static the range becomes a real advantage. Btw. spotting squads will get wiped in the current state of the game.

- still highly mobile (very good cross-country capabilities)
Those are okay.

- high frontal armour value (reliably bounces shells unless flanked)
I strongly disagree here. Someone on the official forums posted a chart about it. Turns out AT guns and SU-85s have a very high chance of 2/3 to go through its armor.

http://community.companyofheroes.com/forum/company-of-heroes-2/coh-2-balance-feedback/51728-panther

All this against a faction that doesn't have good infantry based AT.
Guards can button, At nades do well against the Panthers side and rear. Omni-purpose mines and AT-Partisans in another doctrine. Finally Schrecks are dropped way more than before (PGs having no survivability that is). The Panther isn´t that scary vs tanks anyways.
20 May 2014, 11:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 May 2014, 09:36 AMKatitof

And why exactly anyone would listen to such cry baby as yourself?

http://community.companyofheroes.com/forum/company-of-heroes-2/coh-2-balance-feedback/47552-dont-understand-relic-logic-waster-60

http://community.companyofheroes.com/forum/company-of-heroes-2/coh-2-balance-feedback/46825-lol-mini-patch-just-to-add-insult-to-injury-more-german-nerfs-and-soviet-buffs

http://community.companyofheroes.com/forum/company-of-heroes-2/coh-2-balance-feedback/43800-deleted-the-game-game-was-fine-germans-short-changed-its-over

Here, let everyone who still don't think you're lil whining shit without any spine have their doubts cleared.

You are on this forums only because moderation here do not exists, which is a reason why toxic shits like you can roam here free, spreading idiocy over all threads they come in contact with.

And you calling someone scum and accusing of defending the faction? You're like the biggest fucking hypocrite these boards have seen since wiking the retard and you have already surpassed your master in idiocy.

Truth.
20 May 2014, 12:33 PM

The biggest lie by relic is how they said grens are superior to cons at long range. At best they are equal. Seems they are making some russian coin making soviets op. Just like war thunder.

No, like PGrens in vcoh, u need pairs/several to do grouped dmg and focus firing because their DPS is strong but they lack bodies (6 vs 4 men). Even one on one, with equal cover, they will do better at mid-long.
PAGES (21)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS