Honest opinions about Balance - Soviet adv

PAGES (21)down
10 May 2014, 00:50 AM

DEATH MATCH!!!!!!!!

Thunderdome.
10 May 2014, 02:27 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

FIGHT! FIGHT! BLOOD! BLOOD!

BTW did we had discussions like this when Nullist was still alive?
10 May 2014, 03:38 AM

Just a theory: It looks like Katip 'studies' hard by using the forums, and then uses his knowledge to perhaps test a few strats with AI, and then plays a real game. Meticulous.. that is why his win/lose ratio is so high.

You spend more time posting on here than actually playing the game. In fact you have over 7x the amount of posts here as games played.
10 May 2014, 04:04 AM

My bad, I feel terrible. I actually thought Katitof was Nullist, just new account?
10 May 2014, 04:32 AM

Just a theory: It looks like Katip 'studies' hard by using the forums, and then uses his knowledge to perhaps test a few strats with AI, and then plays a real game. Meticulous.. that is why his win/lose ratio is so high.

Does anyone hear a loud smooching sound?
10 May 2014, 09:20 AM

My bad, I feel terrible. I actually thought Katitof was Nullist, just new account?

For this insult, I will not stand still.

10 May 2014, 11:56 AM

I've just had a couple of 2v2s as Germans, you dedicated German players have no clue how good you have it.
10 May 2014, 11:58 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post10 May 2014, 09:20 AMKatitof

For this insult, I will not stand still.

Ok we get it. You want soviets to stay OP. Shut the hell up already. You spam blatant crap with no facts
10 May 2014, 12:04 PM

And you haven't? You haven't talked about the German advantages in tiers, their superior and non-doctrinal armour and super AT weapons. Mines and ISU/ele are the issues currently. All these far outweigh any kind of Soviet advantage.
10 May 2014, 12:07 PM

Everyone knows I'm Nullist.
10 May 2014, 13:02 PM

Katitof may lack in social skills, but his posts are usually spot on. Even if he didnt play much, he is still able to argue better than 85% of you. And in most cases, he is absolutely right.

When i see people like lolcake who accuse him of just spitting bullshit without any facts i just cant do anything else but laugh.

Its getting pathetic here.
10 May 2014, 15:40 PM

Katitof may lack in social skills, but his posts are usually spot on. Even if he didnt play much, he is still able to argue better than 85% of you. And in most cases, he is absolutely right.

When i see people like lolcake who accuse him of just spitting bullshit without any facts i just cant do anything else but laugh.

Its getting pathetic here.

It wouldn't matter if he was 100% right 100% of the time, he's still violating site policy vis a vis "being respectful to other members". This is a policy that seems extremely loosely enforced, unfortunately. At any rate, take a casual stroll through his post history here and on the official forums. You'll see a pretty clear trend, which is that he's only interested in fixing balance issues that are hurting the Soviet faction. He generally takes the "L2PlayNub" stance on balance problems hurting the Germans. And he's quite frequently an asshole to people while doing it.
10 May 2014, 16:29 PM

It wouldn't matter if he was 100% right 100% of the time, he's still violating site policy vis a vis "being respectful to other members". This is a policy that seems extremely loosely enforced, unfortunately. At any rate, take a casual stroll through his post history here and on the official forums. You'll see a pretty clear trend, which is that he's only interested in fixing balance issues that are hurting the Soviet faction. He generally takes the "L2PlayNub" stance on balance problems hurting the Germans. And he's quite frequently an asshole to people while doing it.

He generally takes the L2P stance because players like LoLcake come on the forums and cry about things being OP when they clearly have never tried to adapt. He has been crying Soviets OP even when in the march deployment patch Soviets and like two advantages and Germans held every other advantage.....
10 May 2014, 18:34 PM

I've just had a couple of 2v2s as Germans, you dedicated German players have no clue how good you have it.
Ihave a clue of how easy soviets are. Made top 100 in 2v2 in 5 days of Soviet play. I only spam mgs over and over. Anyone having trouble playing Soviets right now, should look into playing something simple like Super Tetris .
10 May 2014, 18:56 PM

Can someone explain me who the heck is Nullist and what he did and what he is famous for?
10 May 2014, 19:32 PM
Donator 22

Can someone explain me who the heck is Nullist and what he did and what he is famous for?

he's a troll legend!

http://www.coh2.org/user/5732/nullist
10 May 2014, 19:41 PM

he's a troll legend!

http://www.coh2.org/user/5732/nullist

Oh damn, I look like coh2 no-life compared to him(games played to post count).
10 May 2014, 19:45 PM

There's only two glaringly obvious things I see need changing in this game. I'm sure there are more smaller issues at hand, but these are the largest that need to be addressed by Relic sooner rather than later.

1) ISU-152 needs to be reversed to its previous state. I used it a lot back when no one used it, and thought it was just fine. It still wiped infantry squads occasionally, and it could damage most axis tanks, even the elefant, though it didn't penetrate every shot 100% like it does now. This needs to be fixed. It's scatter should be nerfed to how it was before. Overall, it's just a gamebreaking unit presently. At vet II, it has a 6 second reload! 6 seconds! That needs to be adjusted asap.

2) Soviet TM-35 mine - It should not be squadwiping fresh, brand new panzergrens / grenadiers. This is simply unacceptable as a tradeoff - 30 munitions to kill an entire squad? Its AI needs to be nerfed into oblivion, with perhaps a slight munitions increase to 35 or so. The advantage should be that they are cheaper than other AT mines, but have the disadvantage of being set off by infantry. They should remain an AV mine first, and have a very small AI capacity.

Also, on a side note - this Katitof guy needs to stop shitposting in every thread he enters. You have a right to your opinions, but every single thread I see this guy post in devolves into back and forth nonsense, "L2P" "1v1 me u bitch" type antics, etc. There's also the fact that someone that has barely played 150 matches total (he's not even rank 100 yet, almost a year after release?) is dictating that their view of the game superior to people who have thousands of matches played.

You spend more time posting on here than actually playing the game. In fact you have over 7x the amount of posts here as games played.

The 100% penetration you encountered is most likely "just your luck (RNG)" because I've never seen the new ISU penetrate the elefant consistently without dying first. I've used the ISU vs elefant and does not penetrate the elefant on every shot. Deflects first shot and penetrates second shot, and pray it will keep penetrating or else the isu will die to elefant. When I encounter ISU it's pretty simple get and elefant. Most people would want to use elefant with tigers but I like using the Tiger Ace with the elefant and I find it to be more effective than multiple tigers in its feeling of ease of micro and its accuracy is legendary, it wipes squads on retreat as if they weren't retreating at all. :D I do agree that the ISU needs a nerf on its AI capabilities. I repeat again if the ISU's every shot penetrated your elefant then it is likely your luck. You didn't sacrifice enough goats to the RNG God MVGame. :loco:
10 May 2014, 19:52 PM

isu-152 has 230 pen. IS-2 has 220 pen. Panther has 240 pen.

ISU/elephant need a range reduction to 75
10 May 2014, 22:11 PM

The 100% penetration you encountered is most likely "just your luck (RNG)" because I've never seen the new ISU penetrate the elefant consistently without dying first. I've used the ISU vs elefant and does not penetrate the elefant on every shot. Deflects first shot and penetrates second shot, and pray it will keep penetrating or else the isu will die to elefant. When I encounter ISU it's pretty simple get and elefant. Most people would want to use elefant with tigers but I like using the Tiger Ace with the elefant and I find it to be more effective than multiple tigers in its feeling of ease of micro and its accuracy is legendary, it wipes squads on retreat as if they weren't retreating at all. :D I do agree that the ISU needs a nerf on its AI capabilities. I repeat again if the ISU's every shot penetrated your elefant then it is likely your luck. You didn't sacrifice enough goats to the RNG God MVGame. :loco:

No, it's not. I've probably played close to 50 matches this patch (Mostly 2v2 and 3v3), about 20 as soviets, 30 as germans. I've encountered the ISU very frequently and yes, it penetrates the elefant every single shot. I've also used the ISU for a few of those matches. It does and if you don't believe me, try playing Jaeger Armor. The ISU is simply a better unit. It can penetrate any tank the germans have at the moment.
PAGES (21)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United States 3
United States 14
unknown 6

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %