Login

russian armor

Honest opinions about Balance - Soviet adv

PAGES (21)down
9 May 2014, 08:44 AM

You could use a very diverse selection of L2P to overcome that.
Days of your G43 gren spam are over, either go by your word and gtfo if you uninstalled or start playing and stop whining like a sissy. Early game was never more balanced.

You know the fact and it is just no.

In 1v1 it is still fine, except Stalingrad, almost all engagement in short to medium range making Cons > Grens in any situation, urban street making Soviet nuke mines always success wiping out squad and even 2 minesweepers are not enough (and flamer pio is actually doing the job better in Stalingrad), PG is nerfed that they cannot stand against Shocks, so Soviet can just troll blob their Cons and Shocks until IS2 without any contest. And the most workable strat in Stalingrad, PioCraft - Heart of der Reich is gone too.

In 2v2 or above, Consswarm blob A move is too disgusting, even more disgusting than previous uberGren because even your Grens are in green cover, the number difference between Kar98 and Mosin much higher in 1v1 making Cons easily win a lot of engagement without any micro, the amount of green cover in team game maps are quite small, usually means one lolotov your Gren can go home, and after early game you have bullshit like Snipersblob, ISU :S

but if you can hold well to 6 CP, uberStugie can bitchslap Consspamer :D
9 May 2014, 08:58 AM

You know the fact and it is just no.

In 1v1 it is still fine, except Stalingrad, almost all engagement in short to medium range making Cons > Grens in any situation, urban street making Soviet nuke mines always success wiping out squad and even 2 minesweepers are not enough (and flamer pio is actually doing the job better in Stalingrad), PG is nerfed that they cannot stand against Shocks, so Soviet can just troll blob their Cons and Shocks until IS2 without any contest. And the most workable strat in Stalingrad, PioCraft - Heart of der Reich is gone too.

In 2v2 or above, Consswarm blob A move is too disgusting, even more disgusting than previous uberGren because even your Grens are in green cover, the number difference between Kar98 and Mosin much higher in 1v1 making Cons easily win a lot of engagement without any micro, the amount of green cover in team game maps are quite small, means one lolotov your Gren can go home, and after early game you have bullshit like Snipersblob, ISU :S

but if you can hold well to 6 CP, uberStugie can bitchslap Consspamer :D

Related to 2v2 I think the real prove is when a german faction team with 600 hours played by each player is owned by a soviet team with under 100 hours each player that are simply abusing the (whatevernewexploitstrategy)craft which is used by low value players to own better ones.
So what the 100 hours experience guy may say to the 600 hours experience guy? Trololol, L2P?! :)
Neo
9 May 2014, 09:06 AM

Elephant, ISU and Soviet mines need looking at. (also German S mines should build slower and Tellers faster).

The rest of the game is largely balanced. Conspam is back as a viable strategy but to compare it to the Gren OPness of the last patch is nonsense.

I have played more German games than Soviet since the last patch and I lose when I play worse than the opponent and win when I play better. Simple as that.
9 May 2014, 09:12 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post9 May 2014, 09:06 AMNeo
Elephant, ISU and Soviet mines need looking at. (also German S mines should build slower and Tellers faster).

The rest of the game is largely balanced. Conspam is back as a viable strategy but to compare it to the Gren OPness of the last patch is nonsense.

I have played more German games than Soviet since the last patch and I lose when I play worse than the opponent and win when I play better. Simple as that.

So just because its not as OP as gren spam, but still OP doesnt make conspam feasible.

this needs to be balanced.
9 May 2014, 09:26 AM

Related to 2v2 I think the real prove is when a german faction team with 600 hours played by each player is owned by a soviet team with under 100 hours each player that are simply abusing the (whatevernewexploitstrategy)craft which is used by low value players to own better ones.
So what the 100 hours experience guy may say to the 600 hours experience guy? Trololol, L2P?! :)

That actually tells more about the "experience" and anticipation skill of that german 600h team.

I've faced quite a few people who had 10x more games then me, yet quite a few of them could be stomped by my new AT mate(and they were actually) who plays CoH2 for 3 weeks now.

Time is bad indicator of skill, because you can improve to Jesulin level over a month or you can play all the games in the world and still be 20k+ like wiking or that attention seeking german 4v4 hero who recently flames everything that isn't german faction praise.
9 May 2014, 09:35 AM

I've faced quite a few people who had 10x more games then me, yet quite a few of them could be stomped by my new AT mate(and they were actually) who plays CoH2 for 3 weeks now.

If this happened from soviet posture, I actually believe you. :)
9 May 2014, 09:45 AM

If this happened from soviet posture, I actually believe you. :)

We're playing both factions and both factions have 800+ games played noobs.
9 May 2014, 14:22 PM

I still find the T-70 and the Puma to be not really worth it even though they have their advantages. They are priced too close to the medium armor and neither one adds enough value.

I would get a Stug III G instead of puma most of the time.

I'm thinking around 50 and 60 fuel for each would make them worthwhile.
9 May 2014, 16:56 PM

I might be preaching to the choir, but there are things in life that make me grumpy, and then there are things that make me absolutely furious. Soviet 2 model sniper teams belong to the ladder of them.

I remember a time where counter sniping was actually an option..
9 May 2014, 20:19 PM

Permanently Banned
I might be preaching to the choir, but there are things in life that make me grumpy, and then there are things that make me absolutely furious. Soviet 2 model sniper teams belong to the ladder of them.

I remember a time where counter sniping was actually an option..
relic logic 2 man sniper team vs 4 man squads
9 May 2014, 21:04 PM

That actually tells more about the "experience" and anticipation skill of that german 600h team.

Time is bad indicator of skill, because you can improve to Jesulin level over a month or you can play all the games in the world and still be 20k+ like wiking or that attention seeking german 4v4 hero who recently flames everything that isn't german faction praise.

I bet that attention seeking german 4v4 hero has more experience than you.

http://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/steamid/76561198009261973

I see you lost 3 games as germans. lol. Can't win with them now? I'm going to have more games with sovs than you soon, then what? I get to call you a german fanboy?
9 May 2014, 21:10 PM

When your rank is 2-3 digit number you don't get to play utter scrubs like yourself you know. Its quite possible to loose now and then.

But you, struggling to have 1:1 ratio with well over 10.000 rank should know best.
9 May 2014, 21:11 PM

When your rank is 2-3 digit number you don't get to play utter scrubs like yourself you know. Its quite possible to loose now and then.

But you, struggling to have 1:1 ratio with well over 10.000 rank should know best.

Lol you only play when you know the abusable strats for the current patch. You should try 4v4 germans with randoms see if you can do better. #bankatitof

dude, you have far more posts than games. GTFO
9 May 2014, 22:04 PM

Why don't you play him DarthBong and see for you self.
You have nothing to lose if he's as terrible as you say.
9 May 2014, 22:30 PM

Permanently Banned
I think Katitof make a new coh2 account...

But lets focus on the theme on topic guys...

The distance problem, is true problem, because the maps! Is most easy you get short range, tham see a enemy from far and stay that... My opinion..
9 May 2014, 23:11 PM

Why don't you play him DarthBong and see for you self.
You have nothing to lose if he's as terrible as you say.

lol i would play him. me as soviets and him as ost lol. it still wouldn't change the fact that he never plays and is a biased idiot on these forums.
9 May 2014, 23:21 PM

Great, send me a PM with your steam ID so we can play tomorrow, I will upload the game for everyone to see.
Can even stream it.
9 May 2014, 23:23 PM

Great, send me a PM with your steam ID so we can play tomorrow, I will upload the game for everyone to see.
Can even stream it.

Hmmm , won't be around tomorrow maybe sunday.
9 May 2014, 23:35 PM

DEATH MATCH!!!!!!!!
9 May 2014, 23:46 PM

There's only two glaringly obvious things I see need changing in this game. I'm sure there are more smaller issues at hand, but these are the largest that need to be addressed by Relic sooner rather than later.

1) ISU-152 needs to be reversed to its previous state. I used it a lot back when no one used it, and thought it was just fine. It still wiped infantry squads occasionally, and it could damage most axis tanks, even the elefant, though it didn't penetrate every shot 100% like it does now. This needs to be fixed. It's scatter should be nerfed to how it was before. Overall, it's just a gamebreaking unit presently. At vet II, it has a 6 second reload! 6 seconds! That needs to be adjusted asap.

2) Soviet TM-35 mine - It should not be squadwiping fresh, brand new panzergrens / grenadiers. This is simply unacceptable as a tradeoff - 30 munitions to kill an entire squad? Its AI needs to be nerfed into oblivion, with perhaps a slight munitions increase to 35 or so. The advantage should be that they are cheaper than other AT mines, but have the disadvantage of being set off by infantry. They should remain an AV mine first, and have a very small AI capacity.

Also, on a side note - this Katitof guy needs to stop shitposting in every thread he enters. You have a right to your opinions, but every single thread I see this guy post in devolves into back and forth nonsense, "L2P" "1v1 me u bitch" type antics, etc. There's also the fact that someone that has barely played 150 matches total (he's not even rank 100 yet, almost a year after release?) is dictating that their view of the game superior to people who have thousands of matches played.

You spend more time posting on here than actually playing the game. In fact you have over 7x the amount of posts here as games played.
PAGES (21)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 16
unknown 5

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak