Login

russian armor

Honest opinions about Balance - Soviet adv

PAGES (21)down
13 May 2014, 08:19 AM

Use your brains. The changes did to infantry units in terms of accuracy, moving accuracy etc diminished big time the cover effect so it's not like they changed ANYTHING ABOUT COVER. This was done because soviets could not brainlessly charge anymore with shocks and whatever whithout regard to cover. It was a good change, game felt verry tactical. The only thing they should have done was fix pioneers and a minor dps nerf to german small arms. They changed other things instead and now we got ourselves back to a similar system to what it was before 25 march. Now it's clearer? Apparently to few liked the tactical system that march patch proposed, and for that reason Relic did in such way that it diminished its effects in such extent that now are barely perceptible.

Tell me, what changes have been made in the last patch that made cover not important anymore compared to march deployment?
13 May 2014, 08:28 AM

SSHeini, if you believe infantry play is heavily unbalanced now, you are the only fan boy around here. Its closer than ever.

You really need to take a look at all your own posts. All you do is cry for German buffs. If you have any serious concearns, I honestly encourage you to post a replay. Im sure we can help with your infantry /combined arms use.

Exagerration won't help so please don't put words in my mouth. I DON'T have concerns about infantry balance. I just don't understand why soviets are allowed to have "terminator squads" like shocks and german faction has only crap infantry except AG which, by the way, are not comparable with shocks and sometimes not even with ppsh cons. Someone complained here that PzGrens were "terminator squads" and that they were to powerfull and cost effective. Compared to Shocks they were a bunch of goofys and now we can't event take them into account except some AT abilities.

And if you read carefully, I didn't state anything about infantry balance I just explained to that guy why I said those things. Lying and exagerration can easily discredit someone posts. But anyone is free to understand what he wants from someone's posting.
13 May 2014, 08:47 AM

I agree about the PG.

1) The aimtime for the shrecks is too long
2) Without the shrecks they can't do shit against shocks & ppsh's cons
3) They run so slow, dang run faster!
3) THE AIMTIME IS SO GOD DAMN LONG FOR THE SHRECKS.

As you can see, the last thing is bugging me so much.
I mean, going into a halftrack and flanking dat tank doesn't matter, you can fire off 1 shot with the shrecks, and then you have to run back to your HQ like Usain Bolt because the second shot takes 1 hour to aim.

It's just not an aggressive unit anymore. Shoot de shreck and run.

13 May 2014, 08:53 AM

Umm, aim time for shrecks is 50% faster then for PTRS(1 sec for shrecks, 2 sec for PTRS).
Its easier to shoot at T-70 with shrecks then it is to shoot at 221 with PTRS.

And on a unrelated note, last night shreck rocket instakilled 4 of my con models in a first shot, was hilarious.
13 May 2014, 08:59 AM

Yeah I don't think the aim time is too long for schreks. It's 1 second so the only way they are not going to fire their schreks is when they aim at a tank at max range when it is already going backwards.
13 May 2014, 09:24 AM

Exagerration won't help so please don't put words in my mouth. I DON'T have concerns about infantry balance.

Get a grip of yourself, read your last post, you imply that the game was balanced before the last patch, which it certainly was not.

Yes it was technically possible for a soviet squad to advance around cover and beat a german squad close up, but in real game conditions, soviet squads were getting rofl stomped faaaaar too easily. If you werent a German fan boy, you would clearly know this.

If you consider all the top players and people like Ami 'soviet fan boys' for saying the truth that it was not balanced, good day to you. Im fed up of reading your terrible posts.
13 May 2014, 09:25 AM

I believe you guys, I really do.
But maybe I meant the relaod time or I dunno, it doesn't take 1 sec to fire off, reload and fire. I don't ask that, because that's way to fast. But it takes too long to fire 2 shots imo.
13 May 2014, 09:31 AM

Get a grip of yourself, read your last post, you imply that the game was balanced before the last patch, which it certainly was not.

No, I didn't. Can't find anything from which you could extract such a conclusion. :loco:
Neo
13 May 2014, 09:34 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 May 2014, 16:33 PMBurts

Pure nonsense.
Absolute shit.

ISU-152 penetration is 230. Elefants frontal armor IS 400!

That's a 57% to penetrate.

Tigers armor is 300

76% chance to penetrate.

Panthers armor is 270
that's an 85 percent chance to penetrate.

Keep in mind that range is not taken into account.

Elephants gun has 400 penetration. It can reliably penetrate every . single. soviet tank 100% of the time.

The highest soviet tank is the IS-2 with 351 frontal armor.

Also i have 0 clue why SSheini is complaining about cover meaning less.
THere have been ZERO adjustments to cover.

Honestly, i really hope relic knows what they are doing and wont fuck up again having listened to people like SSheini... Who told us that G43 grens lose to ppsh conscripts 100% before the march deployment. Who said that the game needs minor adjustments and even then complained because the soviets had OP things during march deployment and now they are complaining like crazy because they cannot spam grens and actually have to use tactics to win...

Also, FYI conspam is supposed to be feasible. Con spam is one of the ways the soviet faction is supposed to be played. Now obviously LOL SOVIETS OP BECAUSE THEY CAN DO THIS AND GERMANS CANT.
Ever heard of assymetrical faction design?
Relic themselves said that SOVIET TIER UNITS ARE TO BE MORE EFFECTIVE THAN GERMAN ONES BECAUSE GERMANS WILL ALWAYS HAVE THE COUNTER AVAILABLE TO THEM.

Also lol someone thinking stugs were nerfed... Jesus dude.. WTF....

Also is someone complaing that shock troops are too effective?
Let me tell you how to counter shock troops.
You need to buy 2 grenadier squads OR you can get an LMG 42 on your grenadier squad. Unless its a close quarter map, shock troops have no chance.

Panther is only not worth it now due to call ins being too dominant. If anything it got a buff. At long range it nearly beats an IS-2 due to higher penetrationl.

In 1v1 the game is almost balanced. The only issues right now are soviet mines, ISU-152, and ele (in team games)

Thank you for posting some sense here. +1
13 May 2014, 09:35 AM

I believe you guys, I really do.
But maybe I meant the relaod time or I dunno, it doesn't take 1 sec to fire off, reload and fire. I don't ask that, because that's way to fast. But it takes too long to fire 2 shots imo.

Then that is a reload and it is perfectly fine, otherwise there would be absolutely no point for soviet lights to even be in T3 and T4.
13 May 2014, 09:38 AM

I've been enjoying a few games of Germans recently, Shocks aren't problem is you have a clue what you're doing.
13 May 2014, 09:54 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post13 May 2014, 09:35 AMKatitof

Then that is a reload and it is perfectly fine, otherwise there would be absolutely no point for soviet lights to even be in T3 and T4.

Do me a favour and stop posting your pro soviet garbage in my thread.

Post your own thread and do what you want.

You talk crap and are here to offset all reasonable arguments that soviets are now imbalanced.

In short: fuck off.

13 May 2014, 10:01 AM

Um how can anyone NOT know SSHeini is pure fanboy? I mean his name is "SS" Heini, with a german officer hat in his avatar, what else do you need to know? Same goes for "Death's Head" guy and his SS symbol in avatar.

Get a clue people
13 May 2014, 10:07 AM

Do me a favour and stop posting your pro soviet garbage in my thread.

Post your own thread and do what you want.

You talk crap and are here to offset all reasonable arguments that soviets are now imbalanced.

In short: fuck off.

Do the community of CoH2 a huge favor and eat your own advise mr hypocrite.
You're so biased that you attack by default anything that do not include building a shrine for germany and worshiping it ever after.

You and players like you are the rot of the community and exact reason why we don't have "how to beat X Y strat as Z" we've had back in CoH1 and have fucking fanbois like yourself lead their forum crusades and forum pvp because the likes of you can't play the game at all.

@Chegwin
Most know, but some like talking to a wall or test their patience reasoning with blind zealots who don't give a crap about balance.
13 May 2014, 10:20 AM

This was done because soviets could not brainlessly charge anymore with shocks and whatever whithout regard to cover. It was a good change, game felt verry tactical.

Wrong. It was not done to pander to 'brainless charging', it was done because balance was very clearly in German favor. It was not a good change, it had the right idea, but was implemented far too strongly.

If you dont think that makes you sound like you thought it was balanced... lol.
13 May 2014, 10:24 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 May 2014, 10:01 AMChegwin
Um how can anyone NOT know SSHeini is pure fanboy? I mean his name is "SS" Heini, with a german officer hat in his avatar, what else do you need to know? Same goes for "Death's Head" guy and his SS symbol in avatar.

Get a clue people

There are lots of people here with soviets avatars so I don't get your point.
Secondly, they are more to be appreciated than the soviet fanboys with german machines or german doctrines pictures as avatars ;)
13 May 2014, 10:25 AM

Wrong. It was not done to pander to 'brainless charging', it was done because balance was very clearly in German favor. It was not a good change, it had the right idea, but was implemented far too strongly.

If you dont think that makes you sound like you thought it was balanced... lol.

Ok man, whatever. It doesn't matter anymore, it was in the past anyway.
13 May 2014, 10:44 AM

You know what's the irony about this topic?

The balance still slightly favours Germans.

I'd recommend to change the name of this topic to:
"I am terrible at this game. Please help."

Also Soviets are more accessible to the beginners at the moment. Maybe it would be good for some to change the faction?
13 May 2014, 10:55 AM

Dude, if I find the reload + aim time way to long (also on guards), than that's my opinion. 'no point in making T3 and T4 when they would lower it' is your opinion.
No point in acting like 'my opinion is the truth'.
13 May 2014, 11:01 AM

There are lots of people here with soviets avatars so I don't get your point.
Secondly, they are more to be appreciated than the soviet fanboys with german machines or german doctrines pictures as avatars ;)

well of course you dont get my point, you have hard time seeing other peoples point of views all the time
PAGES (21)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS