russian armor

ISU-152

• This thread is locked
PAGES (35)down
6 May 2014, 23:08 PM
Donator 22

can't wait for the first Oberkommando West OP thread.....:S
6 May 2014, 23:43 PM

Westheer will definitely inspire Allies/Soviets-only players to take their whining to the next level and Relic will meet them blow or blow with the nerf hammer.
7 May 2014, 03:38 AM

Westheer will definitely inspire Allies/Soviets-only players to take their whining to the next level and Relic will meet them blow or blow with the nerf hammer.

Does that make you an axis only player? because balance complaints should come from both sides about any topics just like the ISU. Just because a defense does not make them a "that faction only" player. You are one of the biggest culprits for starting flame wars and inspiring a polarized partisan community. You should stop being so biased and aggressive with your posts (here and on the official forums).
9 May 2014, 12:02 PM

I'll update my status after loosing a game I shouldn't have lost.
ISU-152 and Elephant are broken beyond any rescue right now.
Range decrease for both and change accuracy or whatever it is so they won't one shoot infantry or 2 shoots tanks accordingly.
9 May 2014, 12:42 PM

can't wait for the first Oberkommando West OP thread.....:S

Don't worry, there will be as much of them as OP ammies threads.

Why? Because the most clueless, most hardcore one faction warriors will face something new and they will have no idea how to deal with it.

@ilGetUSomDay
Couldn't have said it better. While I'm aggressive in the way I post as well, I'm not blind moron who can't see imbalances on both factions equally.
9 May 2014, 12:48 PM

ISU is broken. Why should players be forced to hard counter it with an elefant. It shouldn't be a core unit (neither should be). Ostheer combined arms is far more difficult since it wipes squads commonly.

The elefant pretty much counters T4 and ISU. However, at least soviets can use combined arms infantry at a better chance.

The game balance is broken when players are forced to guess the enemy's tech choice and correctly choose the right tech. Otherwise you get a major disadvantage. As Ostheer, getting the panther has similar fuel costs and arrival time as ISU. Getting a few T3 tanks is an automatic loss too.

The only way to know what they are saving for is to use air recon, there's no skill involved with that. All commanders are basically similar clones of each other, unlike in the ordered doctrine structure of vCOH, so it's hard to tell. It's stupid.
9 May 2014, 13:58 PM

I'm not blind moron who can't see imbalances on both factions equally.

You were so close to fool me on that one ;)
9 May 2014, 15:35 PM

Can people stop hijacking threads to post petty personnel comments. If you really want to do so feel free to send PM's.

OT: ISU and Elephant is literally all I see once both players get to 12 cp's. Germans have to get Elephant to stop 152, and Soviets have to get 152 to try to stop Elephant.

So boring.
9 May 2014, 15:39 PM
Patrion 14

I think (in 1v1 at least) it's less "Soviets HAVE to get 152 to try to stop Elefant" than "there is no reason NOT to go 152, except potentially having to deal with an Elefant."
9 May 2014, 16:45 PM

I think (in 1v1 at least) it's less "Soviets HAVE to get 152 to try to stop Elefant" than "there is no reason NOT to go 152, except potentially having to deal with an Elefant."

Well 1v1 it's a different matter especially that majority of 2v2 maps are really 1v1/2v2 hybrids.
9 May 2014, 17:05 PM

ISU-152 vs Ele, 152 loses as already discussed before. But the problem is that the 152 is good vs everything and with decent support it's over for the germans. While the Ele can only counter tanks and that's all, soviet snipers, cons, guards, mines and atgs are still out there and ele can't do shit.

Unless you are on Minsk or Langreskaya where there aren't many shoot and LOS blockers. If someone gets one it will be a ISU-152 to rape the germans in 1v1s, not an Ele to counter russian armor.

Ele's only "answer unit" to the 152 as a sane german player would never go for an Ele in 1v1 if you don't have some sort of special tactic or crazy B.O. Otherwise if there is a 152 in 1v1s on an open map spam pumas like cruzz or throw in the towel if you don't have Ele.

My suggestions
- I think the insta-squad wipe shouldn't be allowed for the 152, it must be stopped.
- Reduce the ranges of both tanks to 75-80 from 100.
- Increase their turn time and reduce the back armor a bit for better flanking options.
9 May 2014, 17:23 PM

Soviets use 152 to stop elephant? lol? I hope I encounter some soviet players which do that ^^
9 May 2014, 17:38 PM

Soviets use 152 to stop elephant? lol? I hope I encounter some soviet players which do that ^^

That'd be great to see :D
9 May 2014, 18:01 PM

Outside of call-in strikes, Elefant can be countered with a pair (or three if possible) of Zis guns and engine damage with AT nades just like it was a year ago. You just have to flank and maneuver an infantry + AT gun blob at it.

Sure, it's not risk free but that's how it's done.

There's also the more expensive method of using penal squads + conscripts + zis.
9 May 2014, 18:56 PM

Outside of call-in strikes, Elefant can be countered with a pair (or three if possible) of Zis guns and engine damage with AT nades just like it was a year ago. You just have to flank and maneuver an infantry + AT gun blob at it.

Sure, it's not risk free but that's how it's done.

There's also the more expensive method of using penal squads + conscripts + zis.

Or button it and bomb it if you have a muni float :D
11 May 2014, 03:43 AM

Permanently Banned
152 is criminal to have
11 May 2014, 03:49 AM

Permanently Banned

Does that make you an axis only player? because balance complaints should come from both sides about any topics just like the ISU. Just because a defense does not make them a "that faction only" player. You are one of the biggest culprits for starting flame wars and inspiring a polarized partisan community. You should stop being so biased and aggressive with your posts (here and on the official forums).

Any now look what they have done to the state of the game. Getting 70% soviet players in match find. Balance has been ruined by a few whiners on the forums. Soviet players now dominating..

Relic is stupid.
11 May 2014, 04:23 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Poll is up

http://www.coh2.org/topic/17235/isu-152-v-elephant

If I could I would create another about possible fixes
11 May 2014, 18:13 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

518 post and counting...damn. I´m surprised if there ain´t gonna be a tweak on the next patch.
11 May 2014, 19:12 PM

And whining by German players doesn't exist?
PAGES (35)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment