Login

russian armor

April 24th Patch Notes Discussion

PAGES (17)down
25 Apr 2014, 10:10 AM

Oh shit, the StuG G got hit pretty hard. No wonder I couldn't use them so effectively earlier, I didn't read the patch notes and was still trying to use it as a Tank Destroyer rather than.. whatever it's supposed to be now?

It does what it was designated as; SturmGeschütz, which is assault gun.
25 Apr 2014, 10:15 AM

well after playing a few matches i feel that relic overdid it with a few thing but patch is mostly really good:

Pgrens: well they are now a bit too vulnerable for their price in an engagement against cons they get quite some damage in CC and schocks eat them alive so they can mainly only work as an blocking squad to keep enemys out of melee but are not good for offensive work like before, there g43 grens seem to have the better cost/use factor now

T-34: well they again oneshot pak guns, should not happen in my opinion cause it makes the paks unreliable if the T-34s just has to shoot it when fausted, the rest is good makes the T-34 a really reliable unit especially when flanking enemy tanks

IS2 and ISU:

both keeped there Anti infatry damage makes them a bit too strong in my opinion, IS2 is now good against tanks and infantry still gets riped to shreds by single shots and the IS2 got a higher RoF now makes it even better then before at that (loved to see my IS2 defending an VP alone against 4 Lmg grens and a Panther even if the later one nearly killed it but hey it still forced him to retreat after losing his grens in a few seconds)

and the ISU became an area denial weapon place it and watch infantry and tanks die if they enter the arc, just watch that it is not alone in the case of a flanking p4 or panther
25 Apr 2014, 10:58 AM

But unlike the inital versions, StuG III G was a tank destroyer, so he is right.
25 Apr 2014, 11:01 AM

The StuG G was more of a Tank Destroyer though, that's why it mounted a Pak 40.
25 Apr 2014, 11:06 AM

Feels like paks are awesome now. Also they seem to vet very fast.
25 Apr 2014, 11:07 AM

The StuG G was more of a Tank Destroyer though, that's why it mounted a Pak 40.
I know, but still, I think Relic's logic here is it's called an assault gun, thus it's an assault gun.
25 Apr 2014, 11:08 AM
Donator 11

PG is over nerfed... i get the problem with them. In teamgames after midgame it usually consisted of panther spam and PG spam but they should either have raised the cost or make them come with kar98 and upgradable to mp44.. Now they are really squishy and hardly do any damage on the move but still cost a ton to reinforce.
25 Apr 2014, 11:23 AM
Patrion 14

^ The rationale, as per patch notes, is to stop them being spammed and encourage combined arms. My only minor quibble is that PzGrens seem too squishy to justify the step-up, especially now that a supported Pak feels better than before.

Minor stuff, I like the changes so far. A welcome evolution of the March deployment, obviously still some tweaking required. If the next patch builds on this we're heading in the right direction.

Fingers crossed the Western Armies doesn't completely bring the roof down on it all.
25 Apr 2014, 11:35 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Apr 2014, 11:08 AMspajn
PG is over nerfed... i get the problem with them. In teamgames after midgame it usually consisted of panther spam and PG spam but they should either have raised the cost or make them come with kar98 and upgradable to mp44.. Now they are really squishy and hardly do any damage on the move but still cost a ton to reinforce.

I actually kinda like the idea of coming with Kar 98's and being upgradable to StG's, though it should be cheap otherwise they're not gonna be useful. But on the other hand, it would solve the problem of mobbed Panzerschreck PG's being an AI-AT death blob.
25 Apr 2014, 11:42 AM
Benefactor 115

Pgrens don't need to get close, their damage is good at all ranges, the sweet spot is 15 range which is approximately the Molotov throw range. It's also worth to bear in mind that pgrens at about 25-30 range also do more damage than a vanilla grenadier squad at the same range.

Pgren's fire on the move accuracy is also not as good as it once was. So they aren't as effective at running up to squads and melting them like in the patch before the small arms change.
25 Apr 2014, 11:43 AM

So I played some 2v2 with Katitof today and got priceless moment when our enemy called him: "you kitting f..ck" :D

I think PG changes are supposed to stop PG blobs from dominating in team games. They are still very effective when flanking
25 Apr 2014, 11:48 AM

The elefant looks like it will be an absolute killing machine now, and it was already terrifying enough to begin with.
25 Apr 2014, 11:53 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

PG are glass cannons. Even more now with the last patch. Use them as how you should had used Penals on some patches ago. Screen with grens or Pios and wait for the PG to do damage.

BTW: i´m happy that i can go back to play germans since most people now want to play with the new sherman :D
25 Apr 2014, 11:54 AM

loving the t-34/76 . No longer can you approach it with a gren and get a faust off unless t-34/76 micros away.
25 Apr 2014, 11:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Apr 2014, 11:54 AMBurts
loving the t-34/76 . No longer can you approach it with a gren and get a faust off unless t-34/76 micros away.

what?
25 Apr 2014, 12:01 PM

what?

Well, the t-34/76 is much more effective againts inf now. Pre patch you could just frontally run infront of a t-34/76 and get a faust off,not that i had a problem with that, i usually drived my tank away from such a situation. In this patch, the grendadiers get wiped if they try to approach and faust t-34 head on.
25 Apr 2014, 12:05 PM

I know, but still, I think Relic's logic here is it's called an assault gun, thus it's an assault gun.

Ironically there is nothing to assault. The Soviets have no hard points or bunkers and they can't take down buildings faster than any other big barreled unit. Though they have better MG42s and HEAT shells they explode really fast if you try to assault a combined force of mgs and AT-guns because those will hurt them badly which means that they can't project their firepower on the MGs and conscripts guarding the AT-gun. So. If there is nothing to challenge them or there is a screen of other tanks maybe then they can perform better I might think.

The Puma is great. It's gun is powerful, ideal for flanking big tanks. They die as quickly as a scout car which makes them cost/effective only in the right hands.
25 Apr 2014, 12:05 PM

Oh ok, thats what you meant. I didn't consider this, because I think its hiiighly unlikely that grens die before they get a faust of, after frontally running at an T34.
25 Apr 2014, 12:33 PM

Oh ok, thats what you meant. I didn't consider this, because I think its hiiighly unlikely that grens die before they get a faust of, after frontally running at an T34.

They run at the tank. The first shell kills 2 guys. the panzerfaust animation starts. The topgunner shoots the guy who started the animation, the other guy starts the animation, maybe he gets the shot off, you shift+t'ed, he runs, but the 2nd tank shell gibs him on his retreat if not sooner.
25 Apr 2014, 12:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Apr 2014, 12:33 PMUmbert

They run at the tank. The first shell kills 2 guys. the panzerfaust animation starts. The topgunner shoots the guy who started the animation, the other guy starts the animation, maybe he gets the shot off, you shift+t'ed, he runs, but the 2nd tank shell gibs him on his retreat if not sooner.

So the T34 has better AI then the Ostwind? o_O
PAGES (17)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight