Login

russian armor

Cheating in Company of Heroes 2 (news from Relic)

PAGES (10)down
12 Apr 2014, 13:57 PM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

I am glad Relic was able to develop an anti-maphack tool. So the promise of Quinn and Bobby that told us no more Fair Play Forum would have been required was true.

Congrats Noun and all the Relic guys who worked to achieve this objective! :)
12 Apr 2014, 14:32 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Yep. All in all it's great fucking news that Relic can detect maphacks now. Should make for clean tournaments and no more need for the horribly tedious screenshotter program. Hurrah!

I feel like I should knock wood, tho. It's almost like Relic has just issued a challenge to the scumbags that write these hacks *shudders*
12 Apr 2014, 14:32 PM

Erm, I feel a bit sorry for Relic on this as people seem to hating on them when they are testing a brand new system, you know what is worse than not banning a cheater? Banning a non-cheater, false positive are the bane of any new system and had they started banning there was a chance that the system could could end up banning the wrong people which would lead to even more outrage...
12 Apr 2014, 16:20 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Erm, I feel a bit sorry for Relic on this as people seem to hating on them when they are testing a brand new system, you know what is worse than not banning a cheater? Banning a non-cheater, false positive are the bane of any new system and had they started banning there was a chance that the system could could end up banning the wrong people which would lead to even more outrage...

this is why listing there names could be a very bad thing. also the idea was that relic would give them a second chance so that ruins that possibility as well.
12 Apr 2014, 16:20 PM

Good job Relic. Down with cheaters!
12 Apr 2014, 16:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Apr 2014, 16:20 PMWiFiDi

this is why listing there names could be a very bad thing. also the idea was that relic would give them a second chance so that ruins that possibility as well.

But if they don't have enough confidence in the system to name the alleged cheaters, they shouldn't have been stripped of their wins in the first place.

edit: about giving them a second chance, that is ok I guess. But the playerbase has a right to know who they are. The MLB didn't permanently ban ARod, but they didn't cut a deal to wipe his personal records and not tell anyone about it.
12 Apr 2014, 17:02 PM

Got scared about being concerned but then I remembered I don't actually play the game yet.

On topic, very good work.
I really start to think that it's a shame Relic had to deliver the game last year, with all the recent top progresses they've done.
12 Apr 2014, 17:52 PM
Patrion 14

everybody deserves a second chance. who knows? maybe they only tried it out once and got caught. it seems as though most people who cheat aren't that good with cheats anyway.
12 Apr 2014, 18:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Apr 2014, 04:42 AMDerBaer
The way I understood it was that relic is still working on it... I am pretty sure they won't let them get off easy.

Props to RtN for handling this so well, must be a shock to all of you. My condolences.

Now, looks like StC has some cleaning up to do...

StC already cleaned up - both of the players has been permanently removed from the clan and ban on the website and TeamSpeak. In the name of StC I can only say that none of us was aware about cheats. Although as a lot of you possibly had a bad experience with our two players who wore StC TAG in front of their name we would like to apologize for them, and your bad experiences.

One of the point in our rules states how we are going to react if anyone will use hacks in any of the game we currently play - removal from the clan.

Best Regards
StC-Cr33D

12 Apr 2014, 19:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Apr 2014, 18:10 PMCr33D

StC already cleaned up - both of the players has been permanently removed from the clan and ban on the website and TeamSpeak.

props to StC then
12 Apr 2014, 20:35 PM
Patrion 14

I don't think this is a clan problem - it's an individual problem. From what I've seen the clans concerned have done the right thing.

One person's stupidity shouldn't tarnish a whole clan.

And I'm not a clan member, btw, although I do play lots of team games with folks who are.
12 Apr 2014, 22:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2014, 21:46 PMmas1er
It's a shame that those players only received reset.

Maphackers should be banned PERMANENTLY without any warnings. And it shouldn't be any discussion about it. Maphacking = Gtfo from the game.

These people were aware and conscious. And they exactly knew what consequences are for cheating.

Fully agree get these cheating %@$# out of our beloved game
13 Apr 2014, 03:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Apr 2014, 17:52 PMpigsoup
everybody deserves a second chance. who knows? maybe they only tried it out once and got caught. it seems as though most people who cheat aren't that good with cheats anyway.

What do you mean?

Like they pressed alt-5-k-$-Shift accidentally and somehow they turned on some in-built COH2 maphack feature? So they just went with it to try it out?

Nope, they thought about it, went on internet and purchased the program, installed it and then tried to gain advantage while actively trying not to be to obvious.

That my friend, is called intent

As far as second chance goes, I agree. Tho I am firm believer that Relic should be very public and shame them by name. Make example out of them, so every kid that thinks about cheating, knows what the consequences are.

It is not as if Relic are going to show their face and make their life misery or putt them in danger.

It's quite easy to give them new game name as part of rehabilitation (with severe penalties, like their hidden ELO ranking being severely hampered)
13 Apr 2014, 05:37 AM

I just wanna point out if tarnished reputation is a punishment for any of these players, if they really wanted to continue playing CoH2 without being called out as a known cheater, they could simply use the new Steam library share option, which allows you to grant access to your entire library on another steam account so long as you give it permission. For CoH2, this actually gives you a fresh CoH2 stats sheet, and a new name to boot. When you play automatch, its treated as a fresh account and you have to re-do your provisional games. You can still use all the commanders you purchased on your main account, however the account starts from a fresh rank so bulletins have to be re-earned.

So really, all this did was force those players to ditch their favorite alias as they know it. I'm guessing in future when bans do go out for future cheaters, shared CoH2 accounts will both be banned from automatch? Because currently the family-share feature completely bypasses this punishment, unless of course they really loved their alias.
Vaz
13 Apr 2014, 05:55 AM

That's awesome they get to keep their losses though :D
13 Apr 2014, 06:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Apr 2014, 12:32 PMInverse
Because A) I will be amazed if there's ever an offline CoH2 tournament, and B) they've already betrayed the community's trust. It's not about preventing cheating, it's about preventing scumbags from competing. I can't think of a single situation were I would want a confirmed cheater playing in a tournament I organized.

that, i have to agree with.
13 Apr 2014, 06:53 AM

I don't think they should be banned...

But I certainly ---- any known lowlife cheater of this game should be named and shamed!

Hell!!!...I might even buy a couple commanders in this game if they name these cheaters.

Please note....I haven't bought one commander in this game Relic!
14 Apr 2014, 20:03 PM

i have bad stats , gimmeh cheats pls so i can get them reset and try again :D
14 Apr 2014, 20:16 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

I think just a stats reset is pretty dang lenient.

EDIT: 1000th post Oo
14 Apr 2014, 20:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Apr 2014, 20:16 PMBudwise
I think just a stats reset is pretty dang lenient.

Given how low the player population is - I can't see them banning anytime soon LOL
PAGES (10)down
3 users are browsing this thread: 3 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS