Login

russian armor

Poll: USA + Soviets in one team?

30 Mar 2014, 12:10 PM

30 Mar 2014, 13:49 PM

On one hand I want "authenticity", but on the other hand I kinda don't care.

What I really don't get though, is people upset about Yanks and Commies fighting together, aren't bothered by the fact that the Soviet Army is made entirely of Conscripts, Prisoners, and Elite Troops.
2 May 2014, 20:17 PM

I hate it with a vengeance, to me this costs coh 2 its pedigree, people who say its a game so it doesn't matter should be the ones going away and not playing it, I'm fine with bullshit ''what if'' scenarios being in skirmish or custom games but please keep this garbage out of automatch, totally ruins the experience for me.

1v1 is still affected and that's what I play, imagine playing Axis in auto and getting Stalingrad map only to be confronted with the Americans, its not cool not fun just frickin stupid.
2 May 2014, 20:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 May 2014, 20:17 PMGenMe
I hate it with a vengeance, to me this costs coh 2 its pedigree, people who say its a game so it doesn't matter should be the ones going away and not playing it, I'm fine with bullshit ''what if'' scenarios being in skirmish or custom games but please keep this garbage out of automatch, totally ruins the experience for me.

1v1 is still affected and that's what I play, imagine playing Axis in auto and getting Stalingrad map only to be confronted with the Americans, its not cool not fun just frickin stupid.

So you want the majority of players to leave. Yeah I'm sure that would really help the game.
2 May 2014, 20:30 PM

I think that not only should USA and Sovs be able to be on the same team, but also they should be able to match up against each other and themselves in automatch.
It's a video game, I enjoy it because having better micro and killing the other guy is fun, not cause the game is realistic. If I were playing for realism, I would've abandoned this game long ago.
Plus, it means faster queues. I would hate to see having to queue as only Americans vs OKW and Russia vs Ost. The already thin fanbase would be split by 50% again. That means at least twice as long waits. Fuck that.
2 May 2014, 20:32 PM

Why wouldn't they be able to match on the same team? They're on the same faction.
2 May 2014, 20:43 PM

Why wouldn't they be able to match on the same team? They're on the same faction.

Its because they never actually fought along side one another. But like most people have said it is just a game.

I'm very excited to see what kind of combos come out of this new setup.
2 May 2014, 20:54 PM

So you want the majority of players to leave. Yeah I'm sure that would really help the game.

why would anyone leave, I meant players who don't care about the game can leave, I play this game for fun, it would feel dumbed down and boring with no immersion at all just another bullshit fantasy rts game, this idea may not be as stupid as having mirror matches in auto, but its the first time in 8 years that fantasy has come to the coh franchise, what next Nazi zombies and soviet snow leopards, its just boring and predictable.

there are loads of fantasy rts games out there why do we have to have this crap in coh.

maybe they could just put in a historical mode tick box in auto for those who want to opt out of the fantasy element, I would be fine with that, otherwise im stuck with only playing 1v1, which although is my most played mode ive just got my clan interested in the game and now they are laughing their asses off at me for making them buy it...lol.

I'm having to make excuses like ''we can always just play allies'' so as not to run into this ridiculous and childish garbage.

my favourite hilarious comments are ''its a game so who cares'' I care its the game I play, why wouldn't anyone care, you spend your valuable time playing it, if someone doesn't care about a games content why even play it.

I love the WW2 theme that's why I play a WW2 game, for the life of me I don't know why these people play it.
2 May 2014, 20:57 PM

what if relic created a fictional theater of war for Western Armies explaining what happened, why soviets and USA have to join forces to beat germany. Lets say hitler was murdered right before berlin battle and without his command the war went better for germany making them recover many territories in northern europe
Consequently, all multiplayer team games that have soviets and americans in the same team have to be played in maps that are located in south germany or austria for example
Would you feel better playing in a mixed team in WFA if that happened?
2 May 2014, 21:09 PM

Okay... so I don't want any players using elite troops... or OPel blitzes... or panzergrenadiers as my opponent, why do I get a button stop that? Thanks. :)

PzGs are a problem this patch? they drop like flies in 0,2s lol
2 May 2014, 21:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 May 2014, 20:57 PMatwar
what if relic created a fictional theater of war for Western Armies explaining what happened, why soviets and USA have to join forces to beat germany. Lets say hitler was murdered right before berlin battle and without his command the war went better for germany making them recover many territories in northern europe
Consequently, all multiplayer team games that have soviets and americans in the same team have to be played in maps that are located in south germany or austria for example
Would you feel better playing in a mixed team in WFA if that happened?

Its still crap because there was only 75.000 American troops and 84.000 commonwealth troops landed in the western theatre, compare that to the 10284.000 Soviet troops advancing towards Berlin at the same time, they had more and better tanks more and better Artillery and more and better AT guns apart from maybe the British 17 pounder.

In what imaginary scenario is it possible for an army of that strength to need our little allied force.

also it just turns coh into red alert, its just so lame that the franchise is selling out its WW2 heritage.

A fictional theatre is great as a different game, hey I might even buy it, but I don't want that level of historical fiction in coh.
2 May 2014, 22:54 PM

Not in competitive games, it's going to throw the meta in scribbles.
2 May 2014, 22:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 May 2014, 21:10 PMGenMe

also it just turns coh into red alert, its just so lame that the franchise is selling out its WW2 heritage.

A fictional theatre is great as a different game, hey I might even buy it, but I don't want that level of historical fiction in coh.
I´m totally with you on this one. They will lose some of their playerbase when introducing US + Sov armies in one faction. This is a whole new level of fiction and destroys the game for me also.
2 May 2014, 23:08 PM

I would say, keep it out of automatch but allow it in custom games, and make it easier for people looking to play custom games to find games.
2 May 2014, 23:10 PM

i love the idea of soviets + americans in one team. Adds a lot more depth to the game with strategies revolving around the synergy between those 2 factions. love it.
2 May 2014, 23:23 PM
Patrion 310

jump backJump back to quoted post2 May 2014, 20:17 PMGenMe

Isn't that like playing on Semois and seeing Soviets on the map, because isn't Semois based in France?
3 May 2014, 00:12 AM

PzGs are a problem this patch? they drop like flies in 0,2s lol

Before complaining, you might want to check the date I posted that, and then the times that the patches came out...
3 May 2014, 00:19 AM

Before complaining, you might want to check the date I posted that, and then the times that the patches came out...

First, I didnt complain, and Second, yes my bad. Soz :p
3 May 2014, 06:56 AM

I want the game to remain Ostheer vs Red Army, and USA vs ... Westenheer? Whatever the hell you'd call it, anyway.

The balance is getting to a state where it's nearly right, and we do NOT need two new factions to stuff everything up again for another 12 months.
3 May 2014, 07:16 AM

Yes, of course they should. I like the concept COH1 took on this matter with PE and Brits.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 39
Peru 23
unknown 22
United Kingdom 207
Germany 37
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W