Login

russian armor

Poll: USA + Soviets in one team?

29 Mar 2014, 18:52 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

3rd option on the pole: don´t care.

As some have already said, i´m just worried about balance issues which might arise.
29 Mar 2014, 19:28 PM
Patrion 310

3rd option on the pole: don´t care.

As some have already said, i´m just worried about balance issues which might arise.

But do you believe the game is currently balanced now? Do you believe it has always been balanced. Maybe there will be balance issues, but it also might help some of the issues that exist now. Any balance issues (you would hope) will eventually get resolved.

Why has no one mentioned balance issues with the 2 German factions playing together? This is just as relevant as Soviets + Americans and balance.
29 Mar 2014, 19:37 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

But do you believe the game is currently balanced now? Do you believe it has always been balanced. Maybe there will be balance issues, but it also might help some of the issues that exist now. Any balance issues (you would hope) will eventually get resolved.

Why has no one mentioned balance issues with the 2 German factions playing together? This is just as relevant as Soviets + Americans and balance.

I´m talking about both: Soviets + USA or Germans East + West

Prior to this patch, in a general aspect on 1v1-2v2 i would say yes. Would love to have seen the prior patch with some tweaks on Panther armor/vet, sniper clowncar, penals squads, 221, FHT, target weakpoint n sniper fix.
Now it feels like an erase and start again from beggining.
29 Mar 2014, 19:59 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Absolutely YES, of course. This is a game, and diversity in team games is fun. Nuff said.

Great poll, btw :thumb:
29 Mar 2014, 20:05 PM

The reason why they won't do balance is because Japan would be such an awful and gimmicky faction.

Come on, Japan is better placed to take the second fraction (the others were weak engineering studies and the armed forces)
- We were infantry rifles, submachine guns, machine guns, antitank rifle Type-97 and Type-4 recoilless
- Tanks with good guns but poor armor
- 300 mm mortars
- Marines and paratroopers
- Good Navy
  Trouble in Japan - a bad industry and incompetent, overconceited generals who used disgusting strategy and tactics
29 Mar 2014, 20:42 PM

Come on, Japan is better placed to take the second fraction (the others were weak engineering studies and the armed forces)
- We were infantry rifles, submachine guns, machine guns, antitank rifle Type-97 and Type-4 recoilless
- 300 mm mortars
- Good Navy
  Trouble in Japan - a bad industry and incompetent, overconceited generals who used disgusting strategy and tactics

The problem is, Japan didnt really need much of a land force. They had a superior navy and air force, but this game mainly focuses on ground combat. With what little Japan had on the ground compared to other factions, it would be hard to keep them from getting owned each game unless they were able to call in a million air raids and naval bombardments.
30 Mar 2014, 00:14 AM

The problem is, Japan didnt really need much of a land force. They had a superior navy and air force, but this game mainly focuses on ground combat. With what little Japan had on the ground compared to other factions, it would be hard to keep them from getting owned each game unless they were able to call in a million air raids and naval bombardments.

well that sounds just as realistic as america and soviets fighting together.
30 Mar 2014, 00:27 AM

The Japanese Army was millions strong. Most were occupying Manchuria, a large portion of China and the rest of Asia.

Most Japanese ground troops were fighting against the Chinese (kind of like how most German forces were fighting against the USSR) than the Western Allies. What people tend to forget is how the Chinese & Japanese armies suffered millions of casualties in China.

There was a large contingent of ground forces in Manchuria that was defeated by the Soviets in Operation August Storm in 1945. This, along with atom bomb, made the Japanese surrender.
30 Mar 2014, 00:32 AM

That's because of the lack of resources, but in game resources are usually very similiar and dependent on how well you. There is no reason for them to have less of anything. The only thing that is important for a faction in this game is veriety which they had plenty of. MGs, mortars, smg, lmgs, they have everything except heavy tanks, but the americans didn't have any either. They even had a few tank destroyers to take out the heavier stuff.

And most importantly they had unique tactics. They could build tunnel systems to flank armies, banzai charges can suppress units, men running under tanks with mines. They would be a very cool and fun unique faction.

Men of War, which is a much more realistic game, even has a japanese faction
30 Mar 2014, 00:38 AM

- 300 mm mortars
- Good Navy

http://www.wwiivehicles.com/wwii/production.asp
Axis tank Production:
Japan: 2,515
Japan build alomst no tanks during WW2.
And about good guns: most japanese tanks had a tiny short 37mm and 47mm guns that could not deal with a sherman. Japanese tanks with a more powerful 75mm gun were just prototypes which never saw any combat.

If you add a army to the game you have to ask the question if this army is fun to Play or fit well with the other factions.And if USA, Germany and soviet Union have many cool medium and heavy tanks i don t think an army with only outdated, weak light tanks like japan is much fun to Play nor does such an army fit well into the game.Japan never focused on tanks during WW2 thats why they only had light Support tanks that couldn t deal with other tanks.
30 Mar 2014, 00:40 AM
Honorary Member Badge

would have rather seen japan and us i think ti would have been a better match up and fit the scope of the game far better.

that said they have probably worked on it (and planned it long before that.) since the game was released. so its to late for any armys to change. also ive always loved how they never split the multiplayer i feel it hurts games when you do that far more than it benefits it.
30 Mar 2014, 00:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Mar 2014, 00:38 AMAffe

http://www.wwiivehicles.com/wwii/production.asp
Axis tank Production:
Japan: 2,515
Japan build alomst no tanks during WW2.
And about good guns: most japanese tanks had a tiny short 37mm and 47mm guns that could not deal with a sherman. Japanese tanks with a more powerful 75mm gun were just prototypes which never saw any combat.

If you add a army to the game you have to ask the question if this army is fun to Play or fit well with the other factions.And if USA, Germany and soviet Union have many cool medium and heavy tanks i don t think an army with only outdated, weak light tanks like japan is much fun to Play nor does such an army fit well into the game.Japan never focused on tanks during WW2 thats why they only had light Support tanks that couldn t deal with other tanks.
and there was only ever 50 ostawinds ever built. Real life numbers mean nothing in this game and the japanese will have whatever number of tanks they need and whatever stats they need to be balanced.
30 Mar 2014, 00:48 AM

If they can make it work so it is fun and unique, then by all means. Armor is very important mid to late game, and i guess that is the main problem with the japanese. I guess you can make their protype medium tanks as common as panzer IV's. I see why not...
30 Mar 2014, 00:51 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Mar 2014, 00:40 AMWiFiDi
would have rather seen japan and us i think ti would have been a better match up and fit the scope of the game far better.

that said they have probably worked on it (and planned it long before that.) since the game was released. so its to late for any armys to change. also ive always loved how they never split the multiplayer i feel it hurts games when you do that far more than it benefits it.

How should Japan work in such a game.Imagine a 2vs2 multiplayer match with 2 japanese vs US-Soviets.
Usa calling in Pershing.
Soviets call in IS-2.
And Japan......welt they have to call in a light tank similar to the T-70.
This should be an epic matchup.........
Japan would fit perfect in the game if they had good medium and heavy tanks but they never had such in WW2.I can t imagine a way how relic should Balance such a faction and make them fun to Play.Can you?
30 Mar 2014, 00:53 AM

and there was only ever 50 ostawinds ever built. Real life numbers mean nothing in this game and the japanese will have whatever number of tanks they need and whatever stats they need to be balanced.

Ok so an outdated light tanks getting so hard buffed that it can deal with a big Monster IS-2 tank?I think this would look curious.I know this game isn t really realistic but i think this would be over the top.
30 Mar 2014, 00:58 AM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Mar 2014, 00:51 AMAffe

How should Japan work in such a game.Imagine a 2vs2 multiplayer match with 2 japanese vs US-Soviets.
Usa calling in Pershing.
Soviets call in IS-2.
And Japan......welt they have to call in a light tank similar to the T-70.
This should be an epic matchup.........
Japan would fit perfect in the game if they had good medium and heavy tanks but they never had such in WW2.I can t imagine a way how relic should Balance such a faction and make them fun to Play.Can you?

in order to make them work you'd have to stretch history a bit for instance Germany sent a couple tiger and panther models, they never made it unfortunately for japan. also japan had quite a few prototype tanks that were heavily German influenced. (look at men of war.)

you could also give them better infantry and mines/traps and at guns to make up for lack of heavy armor.

that said also on the pacific the united states didnt use as much (or any) heavy armor as they did on the western front. (jungles and heavy tnaks don't go well :)) they did try to send pershing in okinawa but they weren't offloaded in time. :)
30 Mar 2014, 01:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Mar 2014, 00:53 AMAffe

Ok so an outdated light tanks getting so hard buffed that it can deal with a big Monster IS-2 tank?I think this would look curious.I know this game isn t really realistic but i think this would be over the top.

I'll post this one more time so you can see it.
30 Mar 2014, 01:31 AM

it'l give of a certain DOW2 vibe, like in 3v3's when it's imperal guards/orcs/eldar vs spacemarine/tyranids/chaos

and i think that's tons of fun.

but as it stands, with only 4 factions in the game. i say no.
30 Mar 2014, 02:15 AM

These armies fought in the same war.

Its a video game and its riddled with historical inaccuracies as it is.

Realism? You are kidding, right?

I say yes, it's only a little bit more unrealistic than it is right now
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight