New Units Seen!

28 Mar 2014, 19:54 PM

im kinda surprised noone noticed the airborne riding a sherman xD

Or what appeared to be Riflemen (not airborne) with Bazookas o.O
28 Mar 2014, 20:05 PM
Donator 22

the shot from the sturmtiger looks like an nuclear explosion :D
28 Mar 2014, 20:24 PM

They could realistically depict the Jagtiger by making it break down and get abandoned...

Seriously though, the Jagtiger was one of the worst, if not the worst heavy AFV that the Germans fielded in WW2. The elefant was a much better vehicle. The difference in performance between the 2 was comical.

I have the combat histories of jagdtiger units and their record is pretty pathetic. They were deployed in 2 heavy tank hunting battalions. They had entire companies lost without any kills, and more Jagtigers were lost than Allied tanks destroyed.

Tiger Ace Otto Carius' company only scored 1 sherman kill and lost all 10.

That's indeed a Jagdtiger, ooooooh baby mhhhh-mhhhh.

I mean the Elephant is already a very extreme unit stats-wise - how could they ever realistically depict the Jagdtiger? It would be invincible and one-shotting everything. Madness!
28 Mar 2014, 20:26 PM

They could realistically depict the Jagtiger by making it break down and get abandoned...

Seriously though, the Jagtiger was one of the worst, if not the worst heavy AFV that the Germans fielded in WW2. The elefant was a much better vehicle. The difference in performance between the 2 was comical.

I have the combat histories of jagdtiger units and their record is pretty pathetic. They were deployed in 2 heavy tank hunting battalions. They had entire companies lost without any kills, and more Jagtigers were lost than Allied tanks destroyed.

Luckily, this is a game.
28 Mar 2014, 20:53 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jagdtiger
During April 1945, s.Pz.Jäg.Abt.512 saw a great deal of action, especially on 9 April, where the 1st company engaged an Allied column of Sherman tanks and trucks from dug-down positions, and destroyed 11 tanks and over 30 soft-skins, with some of the enemy tanks having been knocked out from a distance of more than 4,000 m. The combat unit only lost one Jagdtiger in this incident as Allied ground attack P-47 fighters appeared. During the next couple of days the 1st company destroyed a further five Sherman tanks before having to surrender at Iserlohn.

They saw some Action and one of the jagdtigers even destroyed one of the rare Pershing tanks at Iserlohn.
29 Mar 2014, 09:39 AM

I also spotted brit's with greatcoats, using enfields and stens.

edit: I was wrong :( They were just US GI's with carbines I think :lolol:
29 Mar 2014, 09:50 AM

http://www.coh2.org/topic/15742/rezzed-screengrabs don't forget to use my thread, if you don't want to bother loading up the twitch video
1 Apr 2014, 09:18 AM

I cant find the thread now, but several months ago, some found burried in the coh2 game code working moddels for several vehicles from Coh1.

I think sherman was one, but I also remember a Wirrblewind.. all starting to make sence now!
1 Apr 2014, 09:28 AM

The airborne models look the best out of every other unit. They're so pretty. The units with greatcoats also look really nice.

Also did anyone spot any BAR's?
1 Apr 2014, 09:33 AM

I cant find the thread now, but several months ago, some found burried in the coh2 game code working moddels for several vehicles from Coh1.

I think sherman was one, but I also remember a Wirrblewind.. all starting to make sence now!

There was also code for the Soviet BA-64 Armoured Car, German Panzer III , and Sdkfz 254 Puma.

Oh if only Soviets actually had an armoured car, they might have something of a mid-game that doesn't require being on the backfoot.
1 Apr 2014, 09:36 AM

even about one and a half years ago, when the alpha was released, there were loads of CoH1 remnants in the code... i can definitely remember airbornes and some commonwealth units being among them... that doesn't really mean anything and is probably more a sign that the game was rushed than anything else :-)
1 Apr 2014, 09:39 AM

Weren't Shock Troops referred to as Rangers somewhere before they patched it? I very vaguely remember that.
1 Apr 2014, 09:53 AM

Weren't Shock Troops referred to as Rangers somewhere before they patched it? I very vaguely remember that.

Yes, they were, it was a bug for a short time in post game stats somewhere.
1 Apr 2014, 13:18 PM

Out of all the 80 or so Jagtiger deployed (I have sources better than Wiki....spielberger, Heavy Jagdpanzer and Combat history of heavy JgPzr 653), they 'claimed' to destroy only 45+ tanks in their entire history. At Kursk alone a similar number of Ferdinands (elefants) claimed 250+ tank kills.

Mind you, these are claims. US tank destroyer battalions (M10, M18, M36) in WW2 'claimed' a 3:1 kill ratio against the Panzers but this is clearly an overclaim. Tank claims tend to be double or more than the actual in my experience.

The claims need to be measured with inventory records on the allied sides. Claims alone must be taken with a grain of salt.

The famous attack, heavily publicized by Nazi propaganda, of Michael Wittmann at Villers bocage (there is a TOV COH mission on that) has the Germans overclaim by double as British record indicate a different loss tally.

Nevertheless, the claims of the Jagdtigers are amazingly low compared to the Elefants. The Elefant's claims were in excess of 10:1 kill ratio in WW2.

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Mar 2014, 20:53 PMAffe

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jagdtiger

They saw some Action and one of the jagdtigers even destroyed one of the rare Pershing tanks at Iserlohn.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★