Login

russian armor

Rezzed Screengrabs

29 Mar 2014, 03:12 AM

Heya guys, i screengrabbed new stuff from the rezzed presentation

if i missed any, give me the time that they appear (00:00) and i'll screenshot it and whack it on the thread

the two new factions will be
-USA/Americans/US
-OKW (oberkommando west)

1: Panzerkampfwagen II "Luchs"

2: Riflemen

3: Thunderbolt

4: 6 Men. M1 Garands. Speculated M1 Bazooka upgrade. Riflemen.

5: 4 Men, K98k's. OKW infantry.

6: Sturmtiger

7: Kubelwagon

8: Tank Riding

9: Airborne, they're equipped with m1 carbines and Thompsons throughout the video

10: PAK 40

11: floating buff icon above (riflemen)?

12: 4 man squad, M1 Carbines. pretty sure engineers.

13: t70

14: Sturmtiger

15: panzer 4, probably exact model from vCOH2

16: Conscripts fighting along a m1 sherman and airborne

17: M4A3(76)W Shermans in a field with riflemen

18: a great picture of the OKW mainline infantry, (speculated to be volksgrenadier once again) a regular sherman, and airborne dropping in above (kudos raindrop)

19: these look similar to the roadblocks Panzer Elite could build with the scorched earth doctrine! so maybe they're back!

20: Jagdtiger!

21: 4 Men, backpacks and MP40's Pioneers! kudos capiqua! Confirmed to have a different uniform from vCOH2 pioneers. may also have a panzershreck upgrade! kudos strummingbird for finding!

22: Paratroopers. 6 Men. M1 Carbines, and i'm pretty sure one of them using a M1911 pistol.

23: More OKW Infantry, as capiqua said:
two types in this image:
4 men squad. K98k's Helmet and gray uniform. Some type of Gren?
4 men squad. K98k's Helmet and uniform with vest. Maybe a stormtrooper?

VOICE LINES:

in order of appearence

Scene 1: Ambush in the woods

1: Grenade! hit the dirt! (engineers)
2: Listen up, Listen up! (airborne)
3: Kraut coming, German Infantry! (airborne)
4: Orders!? (airborne)
5: Contact, CONTACT! (airborne)
6: Under Fire!(airborne)
7: Push em back! (airborne)
8: Listen up! Climb Out! (airborne)

Scene 2: Train Station

1: Get your asses over there! (riflemen)
2: We need a Medic! (riflemen)
3: (2 unintelligible voice lines) (riflemen)
4: Taking fire over here! (riflemen)

Scene 3: Farmhouse and Orchard

1: Good Effect on Target! (m1 Sherman)
2: Covering, FIRE! (m1 Sherman)
3: Enemy Infantry! (riflemen)
4: Good God! We're (unintelligible!!) (m1 Sherman)

Scene 4: Combined Effort
1: OOORRAAH! (conscripts)
2: Go, Go, Go! (airborne)
3: Watch it! (airborne)
4: Kraut Infantry! (Airborne)
5: Need some Fire over here! (m1 Sherman)
6: Under Fire! (Airborne)
7: Just got report of a INFANTRY UNIT being wiped out (announcer, US)
8: He's got a Panzershreck! (airborne)
9: Drive Drive! Get us the hell outta here! (M1 Sherman)

Scene 5: Tiger in the woods
1: Enemy Infantry! (unintelligible) (riflemen?)
2: We just kicke- (cuts out (riflemen?)
3: -the MG! (riflemen?)
4: Watch out, Engaging! (riflemen)
5: FIND COVER! (riflemen)
29 Mar 2014, 03:22 AM

Is it me, or does the thunderbolt look too cartoony?

Good thread.
29 Mar 2014, 03:32 AM

@buckers I think that is the same Panzer IV, they'd have no reason to change it considering the CoH2 version is the main production model. Also, those aren't Pershings at the bottom, I'm not sure 100% what they are but they're based on Sherman chassis at least.

Is it me, or does the thunderbolt look too cartoony?

Good thread.

It's because of the bright and saturated colours. The allies used bright colours and invasion stripes to prevent friendly-fire incidents.
29 Mar 2014, 03:47 AM

Those aren't pershings, they are Sherman 76's. They are the later models of the Sherman.
29 Mar 2014, 04:41 AM

First pic is of the Luchs, which is a recon tank, similar to the T-70, but faster.

The Sherman 76 had a much bigger turret, and it's actually a turret that was intended for use for an early experimental model Pershing.

I wonder if we'll get Easy 8s showing up in the game.
29 Mar 2014, 05:02 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Mar 2014, 04:41 AMTurtle
First pic is of the Luchs, which is a recon tank, similar to the T-70, but faster.

The Sherman 76 had a much bigger turret, and it's actually a turret that was intended for use for an early experimental model Pershing.

I wonder if we'll get Easy 8s showing up in the game.

The Easy 8 would have a muzzle brake, sandskirts, and newer HVSS suspension--what we see are M4A3(76)W Shermans with the redesigned frontal glacis introduced in late 1944 that lacks the muzzle brake and has standard VVS-type suspension. Tl;dr, hopefully yes we will.

Inb4 Korean War expansion with M4A3(76)W HVSS tanks facing off against T-34 obr 1943s (e.g. T-34/85).

The Panzer IV is probably the Ausf. H, because god forbid Relic would ever have to design a new model for the early marks. Other than coming right off the factory floor with a one-piece 8 cm frontal upper glacis and Schurzen already attached, the Ausf. H is pretty much an Ausf. G. The two are practically the same if the G has the 1943-issued armor kit (3 cm frontal upper glacis bolt-on applique armor, Schurzen plates and mounting brackets--most crews just mounted the turret Schurzen and went without the hull skirting on the Western/Italian front(s)).

The PaK looks like the PaK 40 recycled from the Ostheer.

The "Pershings", as mentioned, are (as I stated) M4A3(76)W Shermans mounting the new T23 turret--stripped off of the prototype Pershing, it was enlarged as to fit the new M1A1c 76mm cannon.

The "cartoony" P-47D-25+ (iirc the D-25 was the first model to use the new bubble canopy) is painted up in a commonly seen paint scheme that's used on one of the restored P-47s flying around today. I can't remember the squadron name, though. The bright paint was a "thing" among the Allied fliers, as they had pretty much total air superiority by the time they invaded France, so there was no disadvantage to splattering as much bright paint on your plane as possible to avoid twitchy gunners unloading into you, thinking you were a Fw 190 (in the case of P-47s).

29 Mar 2014, 05:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Mar 2014, 05:02 AMVolsky

snip

snip

thanks volsky, updated op
29 Mar 2014, 06:26 AM

I'm tempted to think that the P4 is just from the Ostheer and it was added in along the same reasoning that the Soviets are in the trailer, to show the integration of everything. Relic would face no end of trouble if it recycled units into a new faction...
29 Mar 2014, 07:45 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Mar 2014, 05:02 AMVolsky
The Panzer IV is probably the Ausf. H, because god forbid Relic would ever have to design a new model for the early marks.

Honestly they could rip the model from CoH1 if they really wanted to, it differs slightly, different exhaust and some very minor details. Has a weird muzzle though, I think it's just a fictional muzzle whipped up real quick by the modeller, they should probly use the CoH2 version of the gun..

I'm tempted to think that the P4 is just from the Ostheer and it was added in along the same reasoning that the Soviets are in the trailer, to show the integration of everything. Relic would face no end of trouble if it recycled units into a new faction...

I don't see the problem with recycling the Panzer IV. It was the backbone of Germany's armoured forces, you don't have a lot of choice in that department. It'd be like trying to portray the Americans without Shermans, or the Soviets without T-34's. I wouldn't be surprised if OKW had Grenaidiers or Panzergrenadiers, and they're sure to have Pioneers.

I remember when Panzer Elite came out, the endless threads of "Why doesn't PE have Tanks" and "What am I supposed to rally by forces around?"
29 Mar 2014, 07:48 AM

True, but vCoH got away with it by using the Panzer IV F1 series... The only mirrored unit was the Panther... which wasn't so bad...

Point taken though and I totally agree, Germans without Panzer IVs are wrong.
29 Mar 2014, 11:40 AM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

@buckers.

The number 12, the engineers in coh1 the back carrying a ball of cord, so can be rangers
29 Mar 2014, 12:01 PM

Im quite certain that either the pak40 or the panzer 4 or both belong to the ostheer in that video. We do see ostheer grenadiers so the Ostheer is part of the video (since the OKW seems to have a different (cooler!) standard infantry unit).

Concerning the tank riders: That (just like the german preparation part before) doesent seem to be an ingame scene, I dont think we will see tank riders ingame.
29 Mar 2014, 12:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Mar 2014, 11:40 AMcapiqua
@buckers.

The number 12, the engineers in coh1 the back carrying a ball of cord, so can be rangers

yep, very true updated op
29 Mar 2014, 12:50 PM

The US soldiers in the brown coats are just winter riflemen, I'm sure of it. Those brown coats were common among soldiers during the autumn and winter of 1944.

They probably just put them in there to show them off.
29 Mar 2014, 13:03 PM

True, but vCoH got away with it by using the Panzer IV F1 series... The only mirrored unit was the Panther... which wasn't so bad...

That's true as well but the Panzer Elite F1 was way better than the one in CoH2 :P

I do think if they both have Panzer IV (which I believe they should), I think they should go for the body of the CoH1 model with the turret of the CoH2 one. A little variety goes a long way, even if it's the same unit!
29 Mar 2014, 13:10 PM

The US soldiers in the brown coats are just winter riflemen, I'm sure of it. Those brown coats were common among soldiers during the autumn and winter of 1944.

They probably just put them in there to show them off.

they're using m1 carbines. the reload animation gives it away, i'd say rangers or engineers
29 Mar 2014, 13:13 PM

Probably Engineers if they're M1 Carbines. Rangers don't really have any reason to be using Carbines, those were mostly handed out to Airborne troops and anyone who's not General Infantry but still needs self-defense.
29 Mar 2014, 13:22 PM

But US soldiers wearing winter clothes in the middle of summer makes no sense. If they are rangers or engineers then I hope to god that their model is a placeholder.
29 Mar 2014, 13:25 PM

Probably Engineers if they're M1 Carbines. Rangers don't really have any reason to be using Carbines, those were mostly handed out to Airborne troops and anyone who's not General Infantry but still needs self-defense.

They were handed out to NCO's and men who had to carry ammunition and other jobs like that too. But yeah, they're probably engineers.
29 Mar 2014, 13:32 PM

If those were engies with Carbines, that's no gusta. Give me my Boston accent and my Grease Guns, kthxbye.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★