Login

russian armor

Standalone America + Germany DLC

PAGES (9)down
29 Mar 2014, 07:42 AM

RIFLES READY RIFLES READY RIFLES READY RIFLES READY RIFLES READY RIFLES READY RIFLES READY RIFLES READY RIFLES READY RIFLES READY RIFLES READY RIFLES READY RIFLES READY RIFLES READY RIFLES READY RIFLES READY RIFLES READY RIFLES READY RIFLES READY RIFLES READY RIFLES READY RIFLES READY RIFLES READY RIFLES READY RIFLES READY RIFLES READY RIFLES READY RIFLES READY

ily america ily
29 Mar 2014, 07:46 AM

^
I was thinking like with light tanks with tank riders- the soviets used enormous numbers of them. More than half of their tanks were light in 1941-1942, and by Kursk 1943 it was down to 1/3.

Motor infantry squads instead of conscripts.

A lot of T-60, T-70 with one motor squad riding on top of them. T-34s (both types) with tank riders. Lend Lease Shermans..

76mm divisional field guns...used as light artillery...

Dream on..............

Oh yes! Of course! The Motostrelkovy! Make them 5 man squads or something, give them DPs as upgrade as well as a suite of actual grenades and call them Strelkovy or something.
Have ZiS-2s as AT and then early model T-34s or something or maybe even T-34/57s... There's a plethora of Soviet Arty which needs exploring as well... as well as something along them the BM-31-12 or the like... Make it fast, make it light, make it hard hitting, give bugger all armour...
29 Mar 2014, 07:50 AM
Patrion 14

You do know that 'authentic' has a different meaning from 'realistic', don't you?

Here, let me show you some examples between the two. You know, so you can wrap your brain around it..

Compare these 3 games:
- Blitzkrieg
- CoH2
- Call of duty: world at war

Both Blitzkrieg and CoH2 are authentic WW2 RTS games. Both have units that were actually used in the war and have maps resembling the actual fronts. Neither of them have fantasy elements such as Soviets and Americans fighting together in Paris. This makes both games authentic.

However, of the two, only Blitzkrieg is realistic. Tanks generally get blown up by one penetrating hit, tanks destroy infantry etc. Units act like you would expect them to after watching a few hours of the history channel. CoH2 on the other hand is not realistic, and this is fine. After all, Relic has never even tried to create an illusion of realism.

Call of duty: world at war is neither authentic nor realistic. It is a fantasy game based on WW2. In this game, you could play as a german soldier, arm yourself with a japanese made Type99 machine gun with a bayonet on it, and fight russians equiped with american drum-magazined tommie guns and japanese pistols.

I would rather not have CoH2 become a fantasy WW2 game where germans are fighting off soviets in Holland or France. It is not what I was sold as a paying customer.

i have no idea where you got the meaning of realistic and authentic from. so authentic means the general atmosphere is accurate and realistic means small details are accurate?
i'm sorry if i came vitriolic. I do see your point though. I loved playing cod2 and when cod5 came out, i was uncomfortable with using weapons not pertaining to each faction.

i just don't get why it has to be a big deal. It's like watching a movie with 'based on a real story' with few tweaks in it.
29 Mar 2014, 07:57 AM

i see coh2 is now destroyed. really wanted to see the eastern front gone all the way to 1945... there are tons of tanks that the sovs could have gotten...
why would they abandon the sovs and ost?
how the fuck is this going to be balanced when sovs and ost arent even finished?
why not make new armies that were on the eastern front and give sovs a more classic type of army type?

americans and soviets together? no thanks. if they put custom game lobbies where you can kick the idiots who play eastern front and western front together i might start playing again.

29 Mar 2014, 08:01 AM

i see coh2 is now destroyed. really wanted to see the eastern front gone all the way to 1945... there are tons of tanks that the sovs could have gotten...
how the fuck is this going to be balanced when sovs and ost arent even finished?
why not make new armies that were on the eastern front and give sovs a more classic type of army type?

americans and soviets together? no thanks. if they put custom game lobbies where you can kick the idiots who play eastern front and western front together i might start playing again.

simply because eastern front is not very colourful, kinda niche with bulk of american people, and i'd sure as hell want a another 2 factions than more shovelware dlc commanders for the eastern front

just my opinion, mate, i'm not trying to start shit
29 Mar 2014, 08:04 AM

the reason i dont play wot is because of this crap americans with soviets with germans vs americans with soviets with germans. i dont care if its still axis vs allies, americans have no place in the eastern front maps.
29 Mar 2014, 08:06 AM

If they stuck to the Eastern Front, we'd just get another German faction and another Soviet faction. The Eastern front was extremely deadly, but when it came to worthwhile armies, it was just those two..
29 Mar 2014, 08:06 AM

the reason i dont play wot is because of this crap americans with soviets with germans vs americans with soviets with germans. i dont care if its still axis vs allies, americans have no place in the eastern front maps.

i agree 100%
coh is about historical accuracy IE: germans can't fight germans, brits can't fight americans, etc. and if they do intend to screw it up like that... what i think about relic trying is trying to do is appeal to the war thunder and world of tanks sperglord audience...
but i think if you play 1v1's you won't really have an issue.
29 Mar 2014, 10:13 AM

Just because they're now making a western expansion doesn't mean they'll stop making EF commanders or ToW's.
29 Mar 2014, 12:33 PM

I think many others will agree with me when I say that I don't care about commanders, I want a Soviet faction that's interesting and exciting to play, not the boring and linear one we have now...
29 Mar 2014, 12:59 PM

I think many others will agree with me when I say that I don't care about commanders, I want a Soviet faction that's interesting and exciting to play, not the boring and linear one we have now...

if they enable modding, you can bet your bottom dollar that the soviet faction in the elite mod (for instance) will be interesting as fuck

relic really seems to get things wrong a lot, they should listen the community more.

ie: TANK TRAPS, SANDBAGS, AND FASTER BUILD WIRE
NORMAL MINES FOR GERMANS

you know, the shit that the community has been spouting for almost a year now, but ALAS

29 Mar 2014, 12:59 PM

If it doesn´t matter that Soviet Union and USA fight together on the same front, why not make different maps? Like: Spain! Australia! South America!

Either you go full retard or you don´t.

I´m not buying the game without an authentic mode, which restricts Sov + USA games. Keep that for custom games, but not ranked 2v2 +.
29 Mar 2014, 13:07 PM

So much hate these days..lol
29 Mar 2014, 13:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Mar 2014, 12:59 PMbuckers

if they enable modding, you can bet your bottom dollar that the soviet faction in the elite mod (for instance) will be interesting as fuck

relic really seems to get things wrong a lot, they should listen the community more.

ie: TANK TRAPS, SANDBAGS, AND FASTER BUILD WIRE
NORMAL MINES FOR GERMANS

you know, the shit that the community has been spouting for almost a year now, but ALAS

And don t Forget more non doctrinal Units(like KV-1 non doctrinal, T-34/76 upgadable to T-34/85 and adding more non doctrinal Units to ostheer too) to give the game more variety and options.

But relic keeps ignoring all this since the beginning.
29 Mar 2014, 13:15 PM

Can't wait for June to come around, so hyped for the mixed gameplay and new units to play around with. While I know Soviet and American forces interacted a little bit during the end of WW2, I like the late-war theme or alternate history presented. I know it's a bit jarring for others, but I really am in love with this announcement.
29 Mar 2014, 14:41 PM

I do not understand crying about mixing the U.S. and the USSR. USA and the USSR were allies. True, I still like them to meet in the Pacific theater. But Relic races decided so, then give me the Red Army paratroopers and I'll be happy.
29 Mar 2014, 14:53 PM

I do not understand crying about mixing the U.S. and the USSR. USA and the USSR were allies. True, I still like them to meet in the Pacific theater. But Relic races decided so, then give me the Red Army paratroopers and I'll be happy.

Germans and japanese were also allies.

Yet it would make 0 sense to see them fighting right next to each other.

I don't mind the upcoming match ups, I will play it.
It will just make no sense what so ever.
29 Mar 2014, 15:29 PM

Were getting a full expansion here and yet people are whining about the historical accuracy. Wow.
29 Mar 2014, 15:48 PM

It's pretty quick for an expansion too. Maybe more balancing and rework in the OST front.

Hey kaitlof btw, bahahahahhaahahhaahahahaahhaha!!!!! :p
29 Mar 2014, 16:21 PM

if we are having US and sovs i want:

Sonderkommando Commander
haunebu stafe
equips all german infantry with gas masks and gives them Zyklon B grenades
Mobile gas chamber vans call in
Maus call in

Hitler youth commander:
HJ infantry call in-younger less experienced troops, but with group zeal
Flammenwerfer Maus-shoots flame as far as the elephant shoots
not sure about the rest of the abilities yet.

Soviet Paranormal division
woman with Men Who Stare at GOats abilities call in
telekinesis hq ability- shows german infantry on the map.
not sure about the other two.

American Monuments men
i hate america worse than soviets, so they can have these guys who actually do nothing for them.

Canada faction:

Molson Canadian COmmander
Beer inspiration to the troops
Mobile Beer wagon
Mosquito beer strke- makes german infantry surrender because they want more beer
open for suggestions

West Coast Left Handed Commander(for sure will be Relic's favourite)
Pot smoke bombs- germans troops join the Canadians cause they have such good weed, however countered if you go with Sonderkommando Commander with gas masks
Smoke out other commanders-makes the german players' screens become covered in smoke
Pot Bunker- dispenses the smoke from the bombs making any germans in a area around it surrenders/ inspires Canadian troops, if you are a beer commander you can send your troops(when you get beer inspiration at cp2) to the bunker and they get double xp and better inspiration.
Chong Officer- gives you tommy chong as a unit. he kills germans with his bong guitar.
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS